What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
He won't be coming back from this.
To be fair though alot of Cashies customers are repeat clients. They Work, get money, buy dope and gamble using all their money, pawn items for money to buy more dope and gamble some more, work, get money, buy pawned items back and buy dope and gamble using all money, pawn items for money, buy more dope and gamble some more repeat repeat repeat.

Maybe Pistol Pete Cumins believes he is currently in the middle of the cycle?

Canard

Immortal
I do not believe so, or if they did it was much lower. That's because the Dolphins NRL team's finances were being guaranteed by the Redcliffe Dolphins Leagues Club, which is a financial powerhouse.
Having a bank guarantee (line of credit) is different to paying a licence fee though. From what I understand (anecdotally based on this forum) Norths have just as much gambling money behind them.

Its a bit bizarre that the NRL (according to the press) have told Norths, they are sweet and are guaranteed re-entry in any form, but turned around to this WA consortium and said "No go, you are too cash poor". Why isn't Norths on the hook for the fee (or at least part of it) also?

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Having a bank guarantee (line of credit) is different to paying a licence fee though. From what I understand (anecdotally based on this forum) Norths have just as much gambling money behind them.

Its a bit bizarre that the NRL (according to the press) have told Norths, they are sweet and are guaranteed re-entry in any form, but turned around to this WA consortium and said "No go, you are too cash poor". Why isn't Norths on the hook for the fee (or at least part of it) also?

Because WA Consortium wanted full control and rejected Norths money and Bears investors. All they wanted was the brand and IP.

MugaB

Coach

From what I understand, the NS pathways, heritage and branding (I.P) is all that they are looking at providing, if they wanted to go alone they would have done it in Adelaide or somewhere else by now, maybe they are Cummin around to the idea that can do it without the cash convert

MugaB

Coach
Tbf to Cummmmmmmmmmmins and co, if I was saddled with the bears I'd be asking the NRL to pay me a $30mill fee.
Maybe you've hit the nail on the head there....
From WA cash converts view, it's the NRL who's demanding all these extra side add ons to the bid, the bears, the nso game, the seat on board, why should they be paying some licence fee, when all these extras are shlepped upon them

Wb1234

Immortal
From WA cash converts view, it's the NRL who's demanding all these extra side add ons to the bid, the bears, the nso game, the seat on board, why should they be paying some licence fee, when all these extras are shlepped upon them
He didn’t have the money
Hence his approach to Sydney investors

Whilst at the same time turning away bears fans who wanted to invest

Canard

Immortal
This is likely all just a classic Vlandys "negotiate in the media" play (which is all very unbecoming of our great game), and will likely be resolved shortly.

But I think a good outcome is a wholly owned NRL/WA Govt (with no Norths involvement) or joint NRL/Norths/WA Govt team.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
This is likely all just a classic Vlandys "negotiate in the media" play (which is all very unbecoming of our great game), and will likely be resolved shortly.

But I think a good outcome is a wholly owned NRL/WA Govt (with no Norths involvement) or joint NRL/Norths/WA Govt team.

60% NRL, 25% WA Government, 15% Norths as principal partner.

15% from Norths either by straight cash or collateral of their assets including branding & IP.

60% from NRL eventually sold. Most likely the 25% from WA Gov as well. Preferably to competent business people from WA and elsewhere. Long look ahead forecast though.

Who knows. Should know in a fortnight or so what the next steps are.

Bukowski

Bench
Told them they couldn't go with Singo too. If money is an issue.......

Exsilium

Coach
Should rebrand to the Eastern Rugby League if they keep making it hard for teams to fill states other than the ones they've been long standing in.

Just put a team in FFS. Perth would take off. Rugby had a good foothold there but f**ked it up with poor administration and club management. Whoever picks up the pieces will benefit greatly.

Latest posts