What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Cumins and Cook say their bit.

This was mentioned before, the licence request from the NRL was ambiguous.

"They didn't actually stipulate (the licence fee). That was another frustration," Cumins said.

"In the bid document, it just said, 'Nominate the licence fee you're prepared to pay' and we nominated zero."

Cook on WA Gov`t part ownership.

"Cumins also raised concerns about the prospect of the NRL running a Perth-based franchise, and whether it would gain support of rival clubs."

"I'm not so sure that if it's owned by the NRL that the clubs are going to be particularly happy about it," he said.

"There's a conflict of interest of the NRL owning it and competing against the other clubs.

"I see that being fraught with danger. But obviously they've thought about it."

He`s right there, up goes the bribe the other NRL clubs will demand.

Wb1234

Immortal
He was told twice by an nrl official (probably Beattie) he had to pay something significant

He ignored it thinking he would low ball just like he low balled on other parts of the bid

There were other issues with the bid document as well containing stuff that hadn’t been agreed to before with the arl

I think the wa govt will rustle up the money (they did something for the rebels where they got some state entity to sponsor the team)

Or the alternative is selling equity to bears comedian Jeffries

Cummins bargaining position is zero though he lost trying to bluff pvl

Bukowski

Bench
Cumins and Cook say their bit.

This was mentioned before, the licence request from the NRL was ambiguous.

"They didn't actually stipulate (the licence fee). That was another frustration," Cumins said.

"In the bid document, it just said, 'Nominate the licence fee you're prepared to pay' and we nominated zero."

Cook on WA Gov`t part ownership.

"Cumins also raised concerns about the prospect of the NRL running a Perth-based franchise, and whether it would gain support of rival clubs."

"I'm not so sure that if it's owned by the NRL that the clubs are going to be particularly happy about it," he said.

"There's a conflict of interest of the NRL owning it and competing against the other clubs.

"I see that being fraught with danger. But obviously they've thought about it."

He`s right there, up goes the bribe the other NRL clubs will demand.
Heard a snippet from Cook today. Sounded like he was still working with the bid team to fix the issues. Reiterated that it wasn't the govts bid , they were supporting it though.
They won't buy into ownership but I think they will get the money to the bid for the license.

MugaB

Coach
You don’t understand trademarks do you?
Anyone can create a name, then they'll sell it to the prospective buyers that want it... its probably what going on here, redcliffe dolphins had bought a name "sunshine state dolphins" but never ended up using it, I'm sure there is heaps of versions of the Bears they can use

Pippen94

First Grade
He was told twice by an nrl official (probably Beattie) he had to pay something significant

He ignored it thinking he would low ball just like he low balled on other parts of the bid

There were other issues with the bid document as well containing stuff that hadn’t been agreed to before with the arl

I think the wa govt will rustle up the money (they did something for the rebels where they got some state entity to sponsor the team)

Or the alternative is selling equity to bears comedian Jeffries

Cummins bargaining position is zero though he lost trying to bluff pvl

Funny trying to low ball organisation you intend to work with & be part of.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Funny trying to low ball organisation you intend to work with & be part of.
series 11 graham GIF by Doctor Who

Gobsmacked

Bench
Anyone else enjoying the irony of the Cash converters guy low balling the NRL...
You can't make this shit up..

Cashies:
" so what have you got for us today?.. O. NRL licence..! too bad.. this is a Bears one.. can't make you an offer on that I'm afraid, I can take it off ya hands if you're tired of lugging it around?"
NRL:
" are you actually serious?"

Cashies:
" you can try some place else I suppose..or hold onto it for sentimental value.."

This actually happened 😳

Latest posts