What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

BuffaloRules

Coach
yep they do, and that isnt the issue. The issue is if you have an expectation of a significant sum like $20mill then make it a stipulation of applying, not ask if someone might pay something then get shtty when they say no. Like I said how many submissions do you think they would have received if they had made their intentions clear in the tender criteria?

Going around in circles now ..,

Perth Red

Post Whore
Beattie told them twice they had to pay 20 millon

How many times do you want me to repeat this
no he didnt, not according to the consortium. They had a casual conversation a few months ago on that topic. The bid obviously felt it was offering enough in terms of value and $480mill investment. Not an unfair assumption I suppose.

Why have an open question like: how much would you pay in license fee? if you have a $20mill expectation. Its farcical for a tender to do that then base the outcome on that one issue that wasn't even a set criteria. Amateur hour by the NRL.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Going around in circles now ..,
were really not, its a significant point of discussion if you are going to reject a massively strong opportunity on something that wasn't even a strict criteria requirement until AFTER the event! Why not put it in the bid criteria if they want $20mill? I think we both know why.

Wb1234

Immortal
no he didnt, not according to the consortium. They had a casual conversation a few months ago on that topic. The bid obviously felt it was offering enough in terms of value and $480mill investment. Not an unfair assumption I suppose.

Why have an open question like: how much would you pay in license fee? if you have a $20mill expectation. Its farcical for a tender to do that then base the outcome on that one issue that wasn't even a set criteria. Amateur hour by the NRL.
The article yesterday said they were told twice they had to pay a significant sum

And despite that they put in zero

Plus introduced new investors without telling the arlc, one of whom had been sacked previously from the nrl

Cummins has nobody but to blame but himself

He dropped the ball big time

Perth Red

Post Whore
20 million for a team that will lose 3 to 5 million a year or 20 million for a team that will at least break even if not make decent profits
Its not $20 mill though, its a $50mill investment.
If you make $1mil a year profit (and if the license stays at $50mill value, given others have sold for $2mill thats very fanciful) does that sound like a good investment to you? If it does would you like to invest in my crypto scheme? I can tell you where to send your money lol.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The article yesterday said they were told twice they had to pay a significant sum

And despite that they put in zero

Plus introduced new investors without telling the arlc, one of whom had been sacked previously from the nrl

Cummins has nobody but to blame but himself

He dropped the ball big time
And cumins said it was only discussed casually with Beattie well before the bid went in. So do you believe a journos take or the bloke involved? Dont bother I know your answer.

If they had told them 3 months ago there is a $20mill license fee expected then fair enough, clearly that hasnt happened and to ask for it after tenders have closed is laughable, borderline incompetence by the NRL

Wb1234

Immortal
Its not $20 mill though, its a $50mill investment.
If you make $1mil a year profit (and if the license stays at $50mill value, given others have sold for $2mill thats very fanciful) does that sound like a good investment to you? If it does would you like to invest in my crypto scheme? I can tell you where to send your money lol.
The a league side will be losing 4 million pa that needs to be covered

The Perth nrl side won’t

You work out which is the better investment

Perth Red

Post Whore
So Cummins admits it was discussed

lol thanks
yeh casually months ago. If you ask someone, how much would you pay and they say nothing as we are already spending X and bringing this much value then that isnt unreasonable response. What is unreasonable is to make something in a tender optional then afterwards say you was expecting something totally different. Its a cash grab, done in a very immoral way, just admit it.

Wb1234

Immortal
Nothing, but you think between them they would come up with $50mill? Maybe that is Vlandys Plan F lol
With norths leagues ? Easy
yeh casually months ago. If you ask someone, how much would you pay and they say nothing as we are already spending X and bringing this much value then that isnt unreasonable response. What is unreasonable is to make something in a tender optional then afterwards say you was expecting something totally different. Its a cash grab, done in a very immoral way, just admit it.
So now he is aware of the requirement why not just agree to pay it

He was crying about how unfair it was they had to pay it when the dolphins didn’t

So which excuse you wanna run with ? He don’t know or it’s unfair ?

Canard

Immortal
@Canard the north Sydney oval ground announcer owns the Bears and all associated with WA trademarks
Think About It GIF by Identity
He gave it up, according to the article.

The Bears have really dropped the ball here, some guy got on the beers and bought up all the Bears IP

Who is running them? Old Boomers with no idea?

Perth Red

Post Whore
With norths leagues ? Easy
So now he is aware of the requirement why not just agree to pay it

He was crying about how unfair it was they had to pay it when the dolphins didn’t

So which excuse you wanna run with ? He don’t know or it’s unfair ?
It's both. No one has ever been asked before, and they weren't told it was A) a requirement and B) how much it was. I think we can lock in Brisbane3 over NZ2 if $20mill is now the going rate for an NRL license.

because just finding $20mill isnt like looking down the back of the couch! By all accounts they are now working to raise more funds and planning to sit down with the NRL again to find a compromise. Wouldn't surprise me if the WA govt dont 'loan' them $10mill or so to get it over the line.

Wb1234

Immortal
It's both. No one has ever been asked before, and they weren't told it was A) a requirement and B) how much it was. I think we can lock in Brisbane3 over NZ2 if $20mill is now the going rate for an NRL license.

because just finding $20mill isnt like looking down the back of the couch! By all accounts they are now working to raise more funds and planning to sit down with the NRL again to find a compromise.
And you said pvl is a bad negotiator

He just played the pawn shop guy for a fool

All this could’ve been avoided if he just listened and wasn’t a tight arse

Latest posts