What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Perth Red

Post Whore
And you said pvl is a bad negotiator

He just played the pawn shop guy for a fool

All this could’ve been avoided if he just listened and wasn’t a tight arse
well that depends, if the bid walk away over this then either the NRl has to find the money (that would be funny as) or they lose $480mill of investment in the game in WA. Neither a great outcome for the game.
Or the bid finds some more money NRL gets its cash grab, everyone is left with a bad taste in the mouth but Vlandys does what a bookie does best and leaves the track with a suitcase full of cash and the misery behind him.

Why it couldnt have been handled professionally behind closed doors like most business lord only knows. Vlandys does like his moments in the spotlight.

Wb1234

Immortal
well that depends, if the bid walk away over this then either the NRl has to find the money (that would be funny as) or they lose $480mill of investment in the game in WA. Neither a great outcome for the game.
Or the bid finds some more money NRL gets its cash grab, everyone is left with a bad taste in the mouth but Vlandys does what a bookie does best and leaves the track with a suitcase full of cash and the misery behind him.
The nrl has other options for a Perth nrl team

Cummins has no other options it’s that simple

And it’s not 480 million solely for league that’s bs

But sounds like the ground is getting 300 million so that should bring it up to a good standard

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Couldn't care less about Cumguzzler.

Just curious that the Bears are run like a tinpot organisation, and seem to get a free ride from everyone
How so? Because they haven’t trademarked every single city and off shoots with Bears? Yeah ok, I’ll make sure they trademark Shanghai Bears now.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The nrl has other options for a Perth nrl team

Cummins has no other options it’s that simple

And it’s not 480 million solely for league that’s bs

But sounds like the ground is getting 300 million so that should bring it up to a good standard
Does it? pray do tell what you think those options are.

Its $480mill being spent to benefit rugby league and an NRL club admission. it wont be spent without one.

Wb1234

Immortal
Does it? pray do tell what you think those options are.

Its $480mill being spent to benefit rugby league and an NRL club admission. it wont be spent without one.
So the glory and force are being kicked out of hbf park ? lol

It’s a stadium the govt will earn rent and signage fees from and will generate tens of millions of tourist dollars for the wa economy each year in tourism

A wholly owned norths team with token arl rep to ensure its run properly is another option

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
yep they do, and that isnt the issue. The issue is if you have an expectation of a significant sum like $20mill then make it a stipulation of applying, not ask if someone might pay something then get shtty when they say no. Like I said how many submissions do you think they would have received if they had made their intentions clear in the tender criteria?
Well if the A League got bids with a $20M licence fee attached, I'd say the NRL would get quite a few

Kurt Angle

First Grade
That's not what is being said

There's a ground there, it needs an upgraded west stand to be good quality

No investment will happen without an NRL side

If an NRL side is selected, then a quality stadium for them to play in will be invested in

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Well if the A League got bids with a $20M licence fee attached, I'd say the NRL would get quite a few

Or....

NRL investors may be a bit more savvy than to invest along A-League lines "spend $20 million, and you too can lose $4 million per year"

The A-League being full of dopes isn't the reason to participate in poor spending too

Perth Red

Post Whore
So the glory and force are being kicked out of hbf park ? lol

It’s a stadium the govt will earn rent and signage fees from and will generate tens of millions of tourist dollars for the wa economy each year in tourism

A wholly owned norths team with token arl rep to ensure its run properly is another option
its not being spent because of either of those clubs, and given they size of both of them there is very little benefit to them, i fact the disruption will cost them. And HBF redevelopment is only part of what the Govt is offering RL.

People who know a lot more about NS than you or I have stated the chances of Norths funding anything is less than zero. If they were willing the obvious solution is for them to front up the license fee for a 40% ownership with the western bears consortium, but those in the know tell me theres a cat in hells chance of them spending any money.

So you can discount that option, so what next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Brisbane JET'S has $60 million already
Singo $20 million
And $40 million from 3 government department's
Ready to Go
6 games per year at Suncorp
JET'S ready for take Off
haha the $40mill govt money isnt cash.
So in fact they have $20mill. Only need to find another $30mill. Maybe Wb can give them some advice on how easy it is to raise that amount :)

Wb1234

Immortal
its not being spent because of either of those clubs, and given they size of both of them there is very little benefit to them, i fact the disruption will cost them. And HBF redevelopment is only part of what the Govt is offering RL.

People who know a lot more about NS than you or I have stated the chances of Norths funding anything is less than zero. If they were willing the obvious solution is for them to front up the license fee for a 40% ownership with the western bears consortium, but those in the know tell me theres a cat in hells chance of them spending any money.

So you can discount that option, so what next?
Cummins said no to investment from investors associated with the bears

Cummins isn’t crucial to this bid he himself offers little value ad in terms of money

The wa govt want the tourism benefits they will deal with whatever bid the arl puts forward

Perth Red

Post Whore
soccer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rugby league in terms of international interest in owning clubs, even in a pss poor league like the A league. How much did they sell the titans and Knights for again? How many suitors were knocking down the NRL's door to buy them? Wishing something was so doesn't make it so.

Latest posts