What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Wb1234

Immortal
apparently not. and again who says it in a conversation then doesn't have it in a tender criteria? That's just ridiculous and leaves it open to creating the mess its now in where none of the bids have met expectations.
There was a box to put in the amount and Cummins choose zilch

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Peter Beattie told Cummins twice he had to pay a significant fee

And the closest I dictator they got of that "significant figure" was the waived $5 million from the Dolphins, as per their Redcliffe consultant

By all accounts they've got immediate access to $4 million for this fee which is likely to be a negotiating point

They entered "zero" into the NRL's <pay what you feel like> box on the tender document

He ignored that and decided to pay zero

Should have branded themselves the Western Dolphins

Perth Red

Post Whore
There was a box to put in the amount and Cummins choose zilch
why not specify the fee expected and avoid this mess? by all accounts it was worded ' specify the license fee you would pay'. Who the f**k puts a tender together like that? Did the NRL know what they wanted or not??

Wb1234

Immortal
And the closest I dictator they got of that "significant figure" was the waived $5 million from the Dolphins, as per their Redcliffe consultant

By all accounts they've got immediate access to $4 million for this fee which is likely to be a negotiating point

They entered "zero" into the NRL's <pay what you feel like> box on the tender document

Should have branded themselves the Western Dolphins
If you could move the 100 million in assets and tens of thousands of kids who play league in north Brisbane to Sunshine Coast to Perth sure

Wb1234

Immortal
why not specify the fee expected and avoid this mess? by all accounts it was worded ' specify the license fee you would pay'. Who the f**k puts a tender together like that? Did the NRL know what they wanted or not??
Listen rather than posting this bs over and over realise that if the bid doesn’t pay a significant fee another Perth bid will get approved or a Perth nrl team will be put on hold

Pvl won’t back down

And the last buy in from the Dolphins was a waived $5 million
Different markets. The Dolphins guaranteed better TV ratings in Queensland straight away.
A growth market like WA will take longer.
Obviously I don't know the reason for it, just looking at it all from an outside perspective.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
soccer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rugby league in terms of international interest in owning clubs, even in a pss poor league like the A league. How much did they sell the titans and Knights for again? How many suitors were knocking down the NRL's door to buy them? Wishing something was so doesn't make it so.
I believe it’s called “Football” or “Association Football” to be perfectly accurate.

Wb1234

Immortal
Different markets. The Dolphins guaranteed better TV ratings in Queensland straight away.
Obviously I don't know the reason for it, just looking at it all from an outside perspective.
Plus pvl said another reason was to keep origin strong by qld having another side

Again make that implicit in the tender then. I dont have a problem with the idea of a license fee (though I do think it takes money away from investing more in a new club properly which is a dumb thing to do)
Dont leave it to interpretation by asking 'what would you pay'. If the NRl wanted a $20mill license fee from any bid they should have stipulated that at the beginning.
Fair enough if they didn't give an actual figure.
But giving a whole lot of $0 when asked to provide some sort of figure as they were told it was forthcoming, was a pretty stupid thing to do.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
If you could move the 100 million in assets and tens of thousands of kids who play league in north Brisbane to Sunshine Coast to Perth sure

So the Dolphins have these assets to "look after their patch", and it isn't necessarily about "buying into the business" as the Dolphins fee was waived

I would think an expansion team in a non- traditional RL market is in more need to grow their patch....

Which is their argument

Kurt Angle

First Grade

Different market, WA gives the impression of being truely national, as opposed to pitching another tent where the pickings are already plenty ..

There are reciprocal arguments non stop about this

The dolphins fee being waived demonstrates it isn't about "buying into the biz"

BuffaloRules

Coach
Different market, WA gives the impression of being truely national, as opposed to pitching another tent where the pickings are already plenty ..

What’s the relevance of the Dolphins ?

This isn’t some kids sport where everyone is treated the same right ?

The NRL also deemed the Dolphins being able to survive by themselves with their assets. This has been stated publicly.
They obviously do not deem the WA consortium in the same light. Which I remind you is their right to do so. It would be negligent of them not to look into perspective bids financial situations.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
and maybe if the NRL had asked for a $20mill license fee in August the bid would have included it? Or decided they couldnt reach that investment amount and saved their time and money?
By all accounts the NRL hasnt come back to the bid and said you need to find this money by X date. They publicly started trashing the bid on GF day before theyd even spoen with them. I should be shocked by their behaviour but seen it so many times with Vlandys that it isnt a surprise at all to me.
“By all accounts” translation “according to Cumins & friends”.

Latest posts