What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Maximus

Coach
Im going to give you a hint on how to discuss a topic without coming across as immature and lowbrow.
Never try and build your stance by trying to create a narrative by using "So in your words". They aren't my words, they are yours.
You automatically lose credibility right there, but then go onto say:

When it is well known that the PNG bid has in fact agreed to pay $60M. Don't now come in and blah, blah about the Aust Govt, this isn't about them.
The facts are that a bid most certainly did come to the party, and neither you or I know what other bids have been referred to paying, so why bring up another non-entity?
Again it makes you look immature and lowbrow.

There again, you have no idea what the price tag is for other bids, in fact the only one you know of is PNG paying $60M.
The NRL doesn't put a fee on "feel", what kind of business practice does that?
Again, your words trying to create a narrative that really doesn't exist, all just to try and move the conversation into an "argument" for the sake of it.
Might be time for you to get out of the teenage/social media way of posting and start to think before you write.

You refer to a teenage/social media posting style, when all your posts are an attempt at insulting me rather than actually arguing a point. Maybe have a look in the mirror before writing your next response.

So the only bid that has agreed to the fee is the one that is using other people's money, and you think that proves my point wrong?

flippikat

First Grade
I think it was amatuerish all-round. Firstly by the NRL to put in the bid document 'nominate a fee that you want to pay' or words to that effect if that was the case. And secondly by the bid team not to have discussed it with the NRL of what sort of fee they are looking at, or if they did discuss it and were given a ballpark figure and still put in $0. And doubly amatuerish by the bid team if they told the NRL they will not pay a fee and the NRL told them that your bid will then be knocked back.

Easier for the PNG bid to pay a fee when the money is not coming from your own pocket as you have been gifted hundreds of millions by the taxpayers of another country.
Precisely. I've seen so many here point fingers at the NRL *or* the bid, when in reality both sides have been utter numptys and the game's image suffers from such a ramshackle series of events that could easily have been fixed - if not AVOIDED entirely - by planning & communication.

Maximus

Coach
I’m not even sure why people keep bringing the Dolphins up, they weren’t a gamble, they were an established brand, they have equity, resources and history.
The Western Bears were starting from scratch in a AFL dominated State, Peter Cumins didn’t want the Bears involved, no seat on the board etc which meant no money from the Bears and their backers.

Probably because of the arguments people are making for why the fee is required. One of the claims is that they need to pay a fee for the right to buy into the revenue. Why is the Dolphins being an established brand relevant to that?

Canard

Immortal
Owning an NRL franchise in WA would be worth 100 million. All the revenue goes straight to hq. It's probably worth much more actually. 50 million set up costs for a 100 million dollar business.
WA offered zero.....zero for the opportunity to own an operate a 100 million dollar business.
Then why is there only one, seemingly pretty average, bid at the moment?

MugaB

Coach
You refer to a teenage/social media posting style, when all your posts are an attempt at insulting me rather than actually arguing a point. Maybe have a look in the mirror before writing your next response.

So the only bid that has agreed to the fee is the one that is using other people's money, and you think that proves my point wrong?
This girl argues better than you
videotogif_2024.09.28_06.53.56.gif

Matt_CBY

Juniors
You think News Ltd just woke up and said one day ….”let’s start Super League?”

they didn’t “start the raid” that day …that’s when it was made public on April 1st 1995

Some teams had already been in talks with News Ltd and had agreed to join them ..this included the Reds …and they had been dealing with News Ltd months prior to that…long before they had ever kicked a ball on the field and presumably long before they were supposed to have gone broke paying airfares

You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

Canard

Immortal
Imagine if you let poor lil max defend himself or isn’t he capable?
If the ownership of a club is so lucrative, why aren't people lining up to be involved in the NRL?

Currently there is literally ZERO privately financially backed bids out there. In fact if it wasnt for a govt slush fund, we have nothing on the table currently.

Thats got to be concern.

If this Cummins guy isn't it, I would have hoped that several other parties would be in the wings waiting to take over.

Gobsmacked

Bench
If the ownership of a club is so lucrative, why aren't people lining up to be involved in the NRL?

Currently there is literally ZERO privately financially backed bids out there. In fact if it wasnt for a govt slush fund, we have nothing on the table currently.

Thats got to be concern.

If this Cummins guy isn't it, I would have hoped that several other parties would be in the wings waiting to take over.
I see, you've received all the bids?
Can you share them with us please?

Latest posts