What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Perth Red

Post Whore
Funny, people have been saying Perth needs strong financial backing for years. Oh wait, I've been saying that!!
Funny nrl seemed to be happy with $30mill+ $450mill investment, then came someone’s brain fart that they should pay another $20mill for the privallage of spending $480mill.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Round And Round Reaction GIF by Travis

Maximus

Coach
Broncos, the largest rugby league club, market cap on ASX is $94m. Don't know what multiple you attach to it for a takeover, let's say a 30% to 40% premium on the current price. Suggest much smaller clubs are well short of $100m.

If everything is so 'blue sky' with the NRL and owning a club as some write on here, there would be a line from Sydney to Brisbane of rich people wanting a slice of the pie.

Let's hope whoever gets the licence makes it work and is for the betterment of the game.

Gobsmacked is basing his valuation on his love of the game, not any financial realities.

You're right, if teams were as valuable and as profitable as some of the numbers thrown around here, billionaire would be lining up trying to buy a team.

Perth Red

Post Whore
When did western bears renege on fee?!
You mean the section that asked what optional fee They’d pay?
Presumably their response was in the tender from the day it went it In.
So either Beattie didn’t actually look at it before congratulating them or the nrl changed its position post his telephone call. Which was it I wonder?

Pippen94

First Grade
You mean the optional fee? Presumably it was in the tender from the day it went it In.
So either Beattie didn’t actually look at it before congratulating them or the nrl changed its position post his telephone call. Which was it I wonder?

What were the options?! Paying and entering NRL or not & bid being dead?!

flippikat

First Grade
Why won't the V'landys sycophants answer the security not fee question?

A $20M Bank Guarantee is a sensible idea.
That's a really good point - and just asking for a lump sum of cash which (at least in part) goes to incumbent clubs doesn't sound like a security against "worst case" potential losses at all.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why won't the V'landys sycophants answer the security not fee question?

A $20M Bank Guarantee is a sensible idea.
The 5 year license agreement is up in 2 months. Nrl has to renegotiate with clubs who will want their pound of flesh. Trust me this and png license fee is going straight in their pockets.

calling refusal to pay their bribe a poor business case is laughable, even for Vlandys.

Pippen94

First Grade
That's a really good point - and just asking for a lump sum of cash which (at least in part) goes to incumbent clubs doesn't sound like a security against "worst case" potential losses at all.

If Perth goes under so does 20 million. Fee gives NRL funds to step in.

Pippen94

First Grade
The 5 year license agreement is up in 2 months. Nrl has to renegotiate with clubs who will want their pound of flesh. Trust me this and png license fee is going straight in their pockets.

calling refusal to pay their bribe a poor business case is laughable, even for Vlandys.

Laughing at that billion dollar revenue

BuffaloRules

Coach

You found a friend finally?

You do realise that the NRL is literally comprised of the Clubs right?

No one ( TV and crowds ) are paying money to watch PVL and Abdo do anything… except maybe the Western Bears might have to lol…

Whats PVL gunna do if the clubs tell him to take a walk ?… Pound of flesh! …you are acting like PVL can afford to get them offside !

What happens if the clubs aren’t happy and won’t sign a new licence agreement ?

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Telling that on the very rare occasion that Red responds with an emoji to something he responds to your above post. Hit a nerve I fear.
God help us (and him) tomorrow if his team gets thumped tonight.
Serious hangover either way, I dont expect to be on
line for a while. You’ll just have to all waffle together without me for a few hours.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You found a friend finally?

You do realise that the NRL is literally comprised of the Clubs right?

No one ( TV and crowds ) are paying money to watch PVL and Abdo do anything… except maybe the Western Bears might have to lol…

Whats PVL gunna do of the clubs tell him to take a walk ?… Poiund of flesh …you are acting like PVL can afford to get them offside !
Well I guess he could sell them the strategy that an extra club that engages wa, bears and provides a solid tv slot is good for business growth and that they’ll all benefit from that in the long run.

or he could just throw cash at them. That tends to be his go to strategy most of the time.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Well I guess he could sell them the strategy that an extra club that engages wa, bears and provides a solid tv slot is good for business growth and that they’ll all benefit from that in the long run.

or he could just throw cash at them. That tends to be his go to strategy most of the time.

Maybe he knows what he needs to do better than you do

Latest posts