What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do you have a link? Haven't seen that
Below is Premier's comments and I was told last week this is the continuing position, no interest in funding a club or its start up but will fund these areas.

'Western Australia is the obvious choice for a new team, and the NRL knows WA is a great option for the league’s expansion,' Cook said.
'The State Government isn’t involved in the consortium’s private bid. However, we have a supporting role and have expressed our willingness to work with the NRL on things like delivering top-tier grounds and high-performance facilities, an expansion of our successful nation-leading player development program in schools, and support to deliver pre-season fixtures in regional WA to help build a brand and get the community behind the club.'

Last edited:

Dragonwest

Juniors
Take a tip from a Saints supporter….. say no to any 50/50 split, needs one side to have control.
Being a Saints supporter really is major driving factor how I view the Western Bears.

I was positive about the Dragons merger as it was beneficial to both parties. My concerns have always centered around:
1) the Red V jumper, St George history and St George name/ logo remaining
2) the split board continually working against each other.

The Western Bears is chance to do it better. It can be set up to permanently protect North Sydney's interests & history whilst leaving the majority ownership with Western Australia so it can be run smoothly.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
$480mill of money going to RL development in an AFL state. Yeh bringing nothing lol.
The state only bringing something for itself, in reality, this doesn't mean anything to the clubs, to the arlc it does, but the other clubs don't see a cent, "zero" infact.... hence the licence fee

Perth Red

Post Whore
The state only bringing something for itself, in reality, this doesn't mean anything to the clubs, to the arlc it does, but the other clubs don't see a cent, "zero" infact.... hence the licence fee
extra tv money, more money from corporates, a stronger NRL means more revenue for them down the track. AFL havent gone into tassie for the benefit of the other 18 clubs. There's something to be said for growing the game at all levels, and NRL are unlikely to get a better chance than this to do it in WA.

Smacks of current F1 where teams that have been happy to cream off the sport despite not offering much are now blocking better options for new teams coming in due to the success of the governing body, not anything they've delivered.

MugaB

Coach
extra tv money, more money from corporates, a stronger NRL means more revenue for them down the track. AFL havent gone into tassie for the benefit of the other 18 clubs. There's something to be said for growing the game at all levels, and NRL are unlikely to get a better chance than this to do it in WA.

Smacks of current F1 where teams that have been happy to cream off the sport despite not offering much are now blocking better options for new teams coming in due to the success of the governing body, not anything they've delivered.
All true, but not the point...
What have you done for me lately Eddie!

TV money comes with 9th game (any bid)
Corporates (Perth get that)
Nrl revenue (bigger slice without expansion)

Your not selling me the Perth bid, your selling it to the nrl club ceos, what's Perth got for them,
...Licence fee perhaps? Now that is direct revenue for these clubs

Wb1234

Immortal
Below is Premier's comments and I was told last week this is the continuing position, no interest in funding a club or its start up but will fund these areas.

'Western Australia is the obvious choice for a new team, and the NRL knows WA is a great option for the league’s expansion,' Cook said.
'The State Government isn’t involved in the consortium’s private bid. However, we have a supporting role and have expressed our willingness to work with the NRL on things like delivering top-tier grounds and high-performance facilities, an expansion of our successful nation-leading player development program in schools, and support to deliver pre-season fixtures in regional WA to help build a brand and get the community behind the club.'

Doesn’t mention 450 million

Did you just make it up

Wb1234

Immortal
Just like your png, 600 mill from tax payers govt
Let's give the benefit of the doubt WB
The previous figure was 150 million for the ground, 50 on juniors and a coe 50 million

If the wa govt are now spending 350 million on the stadium that’s great

Or maybe Perth red is full of crap

Dragonwest

Juniors
The previous figure was 150 million for the ground, 50 on juniors and a coe 50 million

I've been told 70 mill. for the CoE last week and a possible site for it. Source 1 degree of separation from the bid.

Wb1234

Immortal
The stadium upgrade figure was media speculation I believe ..

Any redevelopment will need to keep the Glory happy…

“It is Glory’s answer to The Kop at Anfield, The Stretford End at Old Trafford and Borussia Dortmund’s Yellow Wall, albeit smaller.”

Perth Red

Post Whore

its been mentioned in a few recent articles. The rumour is $300-350mill for HBF park, $70mill for CofE base for club and NRLWA, $50mil for JNR RL, female and other participation support. My source didnt confirm amount they were committing last week but did confirm those are the areas they are willing to fund, and he would know.

Wb1234

Immortal
its been mentioned in a few recent articles. The rumour is $300-350mill for HBF park, $70mill for CofE base for club and NRLWA, $50mil for JNR RL and other participation support. My source didnt confirm amount they were committing last week but did confirm those are the areas they are willing to fund, and he would know.
That should be able to do a great main stand and even redo the shed into a modern stand with safe standing

Perth Red

Post Whore
That should be able to do a great main stand and even redo the shed into a modern stand with safe standing
Id do the West stand, put a roof on the South stand and extend the shed to make it full width and twice as tall. I like there is standing terraces. makes it a bit different to other stadiums here, also means there's a cheap ticket option for those with less money and is a cheaper way of adding another couple of thousand on to the capacity. Just put a cantilever roof over it all to make it look more modern. Would give a 27k ish finished stadium.extended shed.jpg

Wb1234

Immortal
Id do the West stand, put a roof on the South stand and extend the shed. I like there is standing terraces. makes it a bit differenet to other stadiums here, also means theres a cheap ticket option for those with less money and is a cheaper way of adding another couple of thousand on to the capacity. Just put a cantilever roof over it all to make it look more modern. Would give a 27k ish finished stadium.View attachment 95507
Modern stadia have seats which can fold down so it becomes a terrace

The shed looks like crap now

It’s not essential that bit the main stand is

Latest posts