What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Just for the record - Jim isn’t part of the new Bears linked investor group which is in on going negotiations. One is a prominent business figure from north shore and the other has ties to Bears from yesteryear but has never been part of their board or commercial management space.

I’m unsure who the WA investors are. Just been told it’s also 2 business people.

wb2027

Juniors
Just for the record - Jim isn’t part of the new Bears linked investor group which is in on going negotiations. One is a prominent business figure from north shore and the other has ties to Bears from yesteryear but has never been part of their board or commercial management space.

I’m unsure who the WA investors are. Just been told it’s also 2 business people.
source?

Marlins

Juniors
I recently saw Jim Jeffries on his Australian comedy tour. He sold 10k tickets for his Brisbane show and pretty much sold out the rest of the country. He said during the show he has been selling out like this for the last 10 years or so. So I guess he’s kinda of relevant. Being a huge Bears/RL fan, with a presence In The American market, you’d think any bears expansion side would be happy for him to contribute in some way or another.

MugaB

Coach
I recently saw Jim Jeffries on his Australian comedy tour. He sold 10k tickets for his Brisbane show and pretty much sold out the rest of the country. He said during the show he has been selling out like this for the last 10 years or so. So I guess he’s kinda of relevant. Being a huge Bears/RL fan, with a presence In The American market, you’d think any bears expansion side would be happy for him to contribute in some way or another.
God, I love your avatar.....
Yeah even if he is invested like enough to have a share in it, like 3-5%, he could go around and tell everyone he was the rusty of the bears, (which was what he mentioned on tripleM, some months back)

Canard

Immortal
Im sure they would. But he is hardly some super rich Robert Holmes a Court type.

The big comics in the States do arena's now (like MSG etc.) and have podcasts that get millions of views. He is definitely not in the top tier, anymore. Road comics like him, make a good living, but aren't in the "buy an NRL team" tier.

MugaB

Coach
Im sure they would. But he is hardly some super rich Robert Holmes a Court type.

The big comics in the States do arena's now (like MSG etc.) and have podcasts that get millions of views. He is definitely not in the top tier, anymore. Road comics like him, make a good living, but aren't in the "buy an NRL team" tier.
Actually it's very rare that the big comics get Madison square garden, it was only usually the very top tier guys like Eddie Murphy, Jerry Seinfeld etc
i watched Bill burr was recently one of the first about 5 years back, before that you'd have to go to the smaller theatres where they'd need to do weeks of shows, just to get to that amount of a one MSG show, Bill burr, peoples! he is the man!, his red rock gig on Netflix is worth a watch, it was chocos full, Actually all of them are, but that one is the best

Last edited:

Wb1234

Immortal
1 million followers on social media

Heck I know half you geriatrics still use Facebook

Good to see tunza making a return here too lmao

Perth Red

Post Whore

Have they got $50mill to blow?

Latest posts