What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
It’s funny seeing flogs saying pvl is an idiot to copy afl expansion when they are the loudest on here saying how well fumblers do expansion
It is quite funny. "The NRL has no idea compared to the AFL!" "Well we're moving a foundation club to an expansion area" "NO NO NO NO" lol

Matt_CBY

Juniors
So if the fee is for security you don't put 'pay what you want' in a tender. You nominate a dollar figure you want as security.
In my line of business it’s common practice for one business to ask another a question on a particular topic to get an understanding of where the other business is positioned on a particular topic and to further use that collected information in future correspondence.

It’s just the facts, it’s been over two decades since they played first grade. As a result, the relocation to Perth won’t be as effective as the Swans to Sydney and Lions to Brisbane moves were. The Swans and Lions didn’t miss a whole generation of potential fans.
The Swans and Lions initially struggled in their new territories for many years. Perhaps the absence from the competition will prevent that happening to the Bears in their new location.

It’s strong amongst those associated with the Bears and the old Bears fans. Other than that, not really.
Its strong among the wider Rugby League community. Not just the NRL community either.

I don’t have an issue if the team is based in Perth. But the NRL should have made it clear that anyone not looking to be based out of Perth need not apply and waste their time and money putting a bid together.
What the…

The NRL is literally looking at adding 3 new clubs from 3 different locations. Of course they are open to bids from everyone (within reason).

The ARLC is hardly going to publish the Perth bid document for you to read their finances.

The Dolphins have put up a 10m bank guarantee for the first 5 years. I would suggest it was a figure they were told would be required rather than 'pay what you like'.
The Dolphins bid has less than 0 to do with any current of future bid.

I’m still staggered vlandys is putting at risk $480million of investment in the game of rugby league in an afl state for the sake of $20million, if this falls over the whole commission should be sacked.
He’s not putting anything at risk.

Vlandys leaked this out on grand final day in numerous interviews, befoe they had even spoke to the bid team.
I don’t see comments “straight from the horses mouth” as leaks. A leak is having a contact inside a media organisation and drip feeding them correct information without it being linked to them directly.

Talk about unprofessional!
You mean like putting down $0 in a box?

It’s funny seeing flogs saying pvl is an idiot to copy afl expansion when they are the loudest on here saying how well fumblers do expansion
Yeah, and even the AFL leaning branding rating of all AFL & NRL brands rates the Giants and Suns the worst two brands in the competitions.

Trifili13

Juniors
Yeah, and even the AFL leaning branding rating of all AFL & NRL brands rates the Giants and Suns the worst two brands in the competitions.
Yeah, but you said:

"I don’t care about any of that. As I said the report means less than nothing to me unless all metrics are released and a detailed explanation on how they arrived at their results."

So why reference it to support your argument when you don't believe its contents.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Yeah, but you said:

"I don’t care about any of that. As I said the report means less than nothing to me unless all metrics are released and a detailed explanation on how they arrived at their results."

So why reference it to support your argument when you don't believe its contents.
Cute, you don’t know how to quote across threads! :D

reanimate

Bench
The Swans and Lions initially struggled in their new territories for many years. Perhaps the absence from the competition will prevent that happening to the Bears in their new location.
Why would an over two decade absence from the NRL prevent that from happening to the Bears? It’s left a generational gap in support in their original territory and it’s not as if WA’s going to be unaware that they’re a former Sydney team thanks to their obsession with trying to work in home games back in Sydney into the deal.
Its strong among the wider Rugby League community. Not just the NRL community either.
I was replying to a quote saying the Bears’ brand is strong in their local community. It’s not, bar amongst those associated with the Bears or their former fans.

The North Shore has changed demographically since the Bears were last a first grade team. Some old Bears fans have sold up and moved away, some of the old Bears fans have had kids who aren’t interested in supporting a team buried away in the NSW Cup and the area is now home to a lot of people who have moved in after the Bears were no longer part of the NRL. Those who moved into the area in that time have kids who have grown up without the Bears around, largely without their school friends converting them into fans and into active Bears support. Those people are mostly disinterested in the Bears.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Why would an over two decade absence from the NRL prevent that from happening to the Bears? It’s left a generational gap in support in their original territory and it’s not as if WA’s going to be unaware that they’re a former Sydney team thanks to their obsession with trying to work in home games back in Sydney into the deal.

I was replying to a quote saying the Bears’ brand is strong in their local community. It’s not, bar amongst those associated with the Bears or their former fans.

The North Shore has changed demographically since the Bears were last a first grade team. Some old Bears fans have sold up and moved away, some of the old Bears fans have had kids who aren’t interested in supporting a team buried away in the NSW Cup and the area is now home to a lot of people who have moved in after the Bears were no longer part of the NRL. Those who moved into the area in that time have kids who have grown up without the Bears around, largely without their school friends converting them into fans and into active Bears support. Those people are mostly disinterested in the Bears.
If you have to ask the first question given its context, unfortunately I can’t help you.

The second bit is carefully selected examples and not representative of every situation nor the majority of situations.

reanimate

Bench
If you have to ask the first question given its context, unfortunately I can’t help you.

The second bit is carefully selected examples and not representative of every situation nor the majority of situations.
Carefully selected examples? It’s reality. The North Shore of today is not the North Shore of 1999.

Bukowski

Bench
Yeah, but you said:

Clearly because he's a moron.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Carefully selected examples? It’s reality. The North Shore of today is not the North Shore of 1999.
That statement that means next to nothing. You can replace “The North Shore” with any area and the statement would still be true.

But you know that’s not the part that I’m referring to. It’s ridiculous to try and justify I was referring to that.

reanimate

Bench
That statement that means next to nothing. You can replace “The North Shore” with any area and the statement would still be true.

But you know that’s not the part that I’m referring to. It’s ridiculous to try and justify I was referring to that.
It’s true that the demographics of Sydney in general have changed, the difference is that other regions of Sydney have had their NRL teams continue to exist as NRL teams. New arrivals to other regions have had the opportunity to engage with those teams as well promoted first grade teams in the NRL and their kids have gone to school with supporters of those teams which helps bring them onboard as fans.

The Bears haven’t had that for over two decades, the changing demographics and lack of a first grade team have resulted in their base slowly eroding away on the North Shore.