What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA Reds are a given - Paul Vautin

BDGS

Bench
Below are Paul Vautin Comments on Triple MMM about expansion, if i can get a link to the video off a guy who posted it on another forum site i will end up posting it up.

But just because i am a good guy, i will type word for word hist comments on Expansion.

"My mail is the next team to come into the competition will be Perth, I've been told that's a given, they want ... the NRL actually wants a team there."

"before a second Brisbane team i would have Central Queensland, because between Brisbane and Townsville there is a thousand kilometres of hungry Rugby League supporters who want a team to support."

jim_57

Staff member
I wouldn't really call it support from Vautin, If he has his choice it would probably be CQ and Ipswich. I still remembering him being anti-anywhere but QLD on the Footy Show one night. The quote was something like 'get another heartland team, don't worry about Perth or Adeliade they're 20 years away'.I hope his "mail" is correct though.

LESStar58

Referee
If ever commentator was in charge we'd have all these expansion teams by now. Let's see how the IC and the new governing body play it out.

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Yeah.

I wouldn't consider Paul Vautin's support legitimate.

I recall him stating on the Footy Show that "Forget Perth, they won't be ready for another 30 years".

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Yep, I agree with this below. I remember the same show ... (hence my post above).

I wouldn't really call it support from Vautin, If he has his choice it would probably be CQ and Ipswich. I still remembering him being anti-anywhere but QLD on the Footy Show one night. The quote was something like 'get another heartland team, don't worry about Perth or Adeliade they're 20 years away'.I hope his "mail" is correct though.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He's got "mail"! :)

TBF he isn;t actually supporting the Reds inclusion, he is just stating that he has heard that we are def in and the NRL want us. Rabbits rubbish about Perth and Adelaide last time shows the level of ignorance on the East coast around what happened to the Reds and Rams.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Paul Vautin has no real connections in the game anymore. His mail probably originated here or some other media outlet. No one has any mail on expansion as it has not been decided yet.

And I dont know if "support" from Fatty is such a good thing these days.

BDGS

Bench
Paul Vautin has no real connections in the game anymore. His mail probably originated here or some other media outlet. No one has any mail on expansion as it has not been decided yet.

And I dont know if "support" from Fatty is such a good thing these days.

How do you know all that?

Latest posts