What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA Reds v Windsor Wolves - Round 6

Roland

Juniors
Marleitner played a couple of games but not in the side at the moment. Trindall and Ben Harden are the halves.

b0rt

Juniors
Delaney suspended AGAIN (dangerous throw), in comes Gherardi to starting side
Keating onto the bench
McCrone on to the bench for Sheehan
Godecke is playing
and so should be our fav Sio Mailingi
so the side should look like
1. Ben Lindegaard
2. Tyrone Coppedge
3. Heath Egglestone
4. Michael Kestel
5. Jason Godecke
6. Crag Phillis
7. Ryan Dickson
8. James Blake
9. Isaac Thomas
10. Michael Small
11. Jon Phipps
12. Stephen Gherardi
13. Shayne McMenemy

Interchange

14. George Ghazal/Nathan Searle (im not sure, whichever one played last week i assume)
15. Ben McCrone
16. Zac Keating
17. Sio Mailingi

b0rt

Juniors
Windsor Wolves JBC has 4 players that have played first grade. The captain Lee Hopkins played more than 150 games in NRL and English super league but I think he is out injured at the moment.

They also have half back Craig Trindall who played some NRL in 2006 for the Panthers, Jason Wrigley, a prop who played a few for the Panthers in 2005 and the other prop Tito Nuimata, played 1 game for Parramatta in 1996.

Nuimata has been in the combined JBC team for 4 years running, Wrigley was in it last year and winger, Dan Randall was in it for last 2 years.

Trindall was the NSW Residents in 2001 and 2006.
speaking of trindall...
not playing

Perth Red

Post Whore
final score reds 28 windsor 30

Did you leave early?

Final score Reds 28 - Wolves 36

My thoughts on the game: Our pack was well dominated and were generally out muscled across the park. Our 3/4 line was again dangerous with lots of long range tries and numerous breaks. From what I have seen so far I would say we have the best 3/4 line in the comp. Made alot of mistakes which they capatilised on and we simply didn't take our chances. Must have squandered at least 6 opportunities.

Considering Windsor are one of the top teams I thought we held our own today and there is obviously plenty of spirit in the side as we once again went behind by a large score but fought back. All in all an enjoyable game and lots of positives for us to take out of it. Crowd was a bit dissapointing with around 1500 I would think?

b0rt

Juniors
blakey had a shocker! others were well contained as you said
mcmenemy went ok when he was playing a pivot kinda role
halves were ok
backs went really well

was bloody hot playing out there too

Nuke

Staff member
I put the smaller crowd number down to it being a Sunday arvo, and a lot of people would've been at their kids games today. That means less juniors at the game, and less parents.

That's a shame, because it was very pleasant sitting in the sunshine as opposed to getting rather cold in the chilly night air. Next home game (in two weeks) is a Saturday night game against Campbelltown Eagles.

Alehana

Juniors
gahhhhhhhh we lost and it was pretty close against a really good team, good signs tho, hopefully we can build on todays performance and get into the finals

Nuke

Staff member
I most certainly do! Great looking kit, by the way. In my opinion, you guys had the better looking kit of all the 4 Colts teams. Who woulda thought a team named the 'Broncos' and playing in a Nth Qld style jersey would actually look good?!! Haha!

Which position do/did you play?

b0rt

Juniors
I most certainly do! Great looking kit, by the way. In my opinion, you guys had the better looking kit of all the 4 Colts teams. Who woulda thought a team named the 'Broncos' and playing in a Nth Qld style jersey would actually look good?!! Haha!

Which position do/did you play?

spent most of the game on the wing, but had a short run at hooker too

joondalup_giant

Staff member
haha wont trust that source again
ill just stick to the reliable ones

lol he scored a try aswell!!

Did you leave early?

Final score Reds 28 - Wolves 36

My thoughts on the game: Our pack was well dominated and were generally out muscled across the park. Our 3/4 line was again dangerous with lots of long range tries and numerous breaks. From what I have seen so far I would say we have the best 3/4 line in the comp. Made alot of mistakes which they capatilised on and we simply didn't take our chances. Must have squandered at least 6 opportunities.

Considering Windsor are one of the top teams I thought we held our own today and there is obviously plenty of spirit in the side as we once again went behind by a large score but fought back. All in all an enjoyable game and lots of positives for us to take out of it. Crowd was a bit dissapointing with around 1500 I would think?

did stay til the very end but just got the score wrong, was disappointing 2 see people start leaving b4 the buzzer. imo if you where a player on the losing team, watching fans leave b4 the final buzzer would be pretty shattering!

b0rt

Juniors
lol he scored a try aswell!!
came from what would be a reliable source, but obviously a reliable source who was being an ass, told me and a reds player on saturday night, fortunately the reds player said they had spent the entire week preparing for him (obviously not enough)

shasta

Juniors
The Reds were definitely coming home strong at the end and probably should have got there. From about the final 10 or 12 minute mark they started to play like they had only a couple of minutes to snatch the win. A little more patience working it out of their half & getting the sets completed would have served them better. But good signs against a very experienced oppo. They should continue to improve. Couldn't see into the stand from where we were. Any crowd figures?

Perth Red

Post Whore
did stay til the very end but just got the score wrong, was disappointing 2 see people start leaving b4 the buzzer. imo if you where a player on the losing team, watching fans leave b4 the final buzzer would be pretty shattering!

The couple in front of us who were members left at half time! Couldn't understand why. Crowd was definately smaller, main stand was pretty full but the areas at the sides looked no where near as full. I see they cordoned off the members area this week but we still had to kick some people out of our seats! Maybe a steward on that side of the seating area will help people find where they can and can't sit?

Dragonwest

Juniors
First game i got down to see, was a great avo.

Havent seen any local games since 4 yrs ago when i stopped playing, I was quite impressed with some of the skills in the colts game before the main game.

Red's look good, I thought the looked better conditioned and wasnt supprised they came home strong. Made some bad errors in there own half and really struggled holding them out all game on their goal line. Started well early with hard runners on the edges, kind of lost there way for a period in the second half and got dominated in the middle. Take out the intercept and the shocker conceeded just before half time and it could have been a very different game.

Be back next home game forsure, great to see a couple of guys i use to play against back in the day out their playing well.