What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waiting....Waiting....Waiting

Raider_69

Post Whore
ok locky, explain to me why Stapleton was selected?

Plenty of front rowers ahead of him who are proven at the level. O'Meley, Civ, Bailey, Mason, Clinton, Price, Myles, Webb... Hell if we really want to push it Ryles and Vella have both played for their country, years ago sure but hey, that doesnt matter does it locky?

What about Merritt and Hayne - Rooney, Lewis, Grothe, Bowen, Ty Williams, Adam Mogg all proven at state or international level

The ONLY difference between these players and Tongue, is that tongue is playing for the Raiders

JJ

Immortal
obviously Canberra fans know a whole lot more than Aust selectors - seriously, Allan Tongue is pretty limited, and I'd be surprised if Johnson gets picked either.

They want and need big mobile backrowers who offer more in attack. the kiwi pack will be big, and Tongue would be seeverly overmatched IMO

borat

Bench
Raider_69 said:

Plenty of front rowers ahead of him who are proven at the level. O'Meley, Civ, Bailey, Mason, Clinton, Price, Myles, Webb... Hell if we really want to push it Ryles and Vella have both played for their country, years ago sure but hey, that doesnt matter does it locky?

What about Merritt and Hayne - Rooney, Lewis, Grothe, Bowen, Ty Williams, Adam Mogg all proven at state or international level

The ONLY difference between these players and Tongue, is that tongue is playing for the Raiders

Stapleton - There is a PM 13 game on September 30. Atm the only props in the squad are Stapleton, Tupou & Webb. If the Knights & manly get knocked out next weekend I would say maybe Kite would be the only other prop who would be added to the squad. The next chance for players to be added is the 25th of Septmeber, 5 days before the game. Take your green glasses off and tell us why Stapleton doesn't deserve to be in the squad right now.

Merritt & Hayne are the form wingers in the comp. Dally M winger of the year and rookie of the year. Once again the only other wingers in the squad so far is Amos Roberts & Grothe. Lewis has been injured for ages , Rooney has been well out of form along with Williams. Bowen isn't a winger and Mogg is going to England.

How about some objectivity?

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: way to miss the point Borat

im not at all suggesting they dont deserve to be playing that game, they do, by all means they do, the point incase it wasnt clear was as follows

If Craig Stapleton, Nathen Merritt and Jarrad Hayne are worthy selections for the PM's 13 (and they are), then there is no reason and no justification for Alan Tongue exclusion

the only difference between those players is the colour on their jerseys, all should be playing that PM 13's game

Raider_69

Post Whore
you justified their selection saying that are in form
well alan tongue is in better form then all of them

you justify tongue's exclusion by saying he hasnt done anything in big games
whats staples, merritt or hayne done in big games? f**k all.

Cant have it both ways mate

mxlegend99

Referee
borat said:
Stapleton - There is a PM 13 game on September 30. Atm the only props in the squad are Stapleton, Tupou & Webb. If the Knights & manly get knocked out next weekend I would say maybe Kite would be the only other prop who would be added to the squad. The next chance for players to be added is the 25th of Septmeber, 5 days before the game. Take your green glasses off and tell us why Stapleton doesn't deserve to be in the squad right now.

Merritt & Hayne are the form wingers in the comp. Dally M winger of the year and rookie of the year. Once again the only other wingers in the squad so far is Amos Roberts & Grothe. Lewis has been injured for ages , Rooney has been well out of form along with Williams. Bowen isn't a winger and Mogg is going to England.

How about some objectivity?
Great points here.

:thumb

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Tongue's non selection is farcical. It seems like its been the last 2-3 years that people have been using the "the jury's still out on him untill next year line".

You've got a player whose cracked the nrl's record for tackles in a season , whilst also scoring the most tries for a forward this. His got good ball playing skills, and makes valuable darts from dummy half for his team.

Unless the national selectors have a ball playing lock there hiding away Alan Tongue is the best selection.

Dallas Johnson is a good player, great defender, but he doesnt have the same spark as Tongue. O'donnell is a second rower, as is hindmarsh and ryan.

I think its ridiculous a player like waterhouse, who hasn't performed for a good while is being picked while tongue, whose now had 2 good seasons
wont be. The selectors musn't have any canberra matches televised where they are.

mxlegend99

Referee
Raider_69 said:
you justified their selection saying that are in form
well alan tongue is in better form then all of them

you justify tongue's exclusion by saying he hasnt done anything in big games
whats staples, merritt or hayne done in big games? f**k all.

Cant have it both ways mate
On that note... none had a chance at a big game. Tongue did and was average.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Are you saying that tongue isnt the form lock in the comp. The only lock playing better football atm is ben kennedy. Oh.. 'but the only reason tongue looks good is he plays for the raiders'. Thats crap, merrit plays for souths, is clearly one of the worst defensive wingers around and still gets picked (good point scoring record though).

borat

Bench
Raider_69 said:

You asked Locky, I gave you an answer.

There are no better experienced or form props available for the tri-nations than Stapleton.

There are plenty better experienced locks than toungue who are also in good form. You mightn't think so, I do and so do the selectors.

Raider_69

Post Whore
mxlegend99 said:
On that note... none had a chance at a big game. Tongue did and was average.

go watch the reply again mate, he was one of our best in a well beaten and far out classed team. he was far from average, the suggestion of that is proof you dont know squat about league

borat

Bench
GC_Gladiator said:
Tongue's non selection is farcical. It seems like its been the last 2-3 years that people have been using the "the jury's still out on him untill next year line".

His own coach told him to look elsewhere last year. Get over yourself. He has been a revelation this year granted.

Raider_69

Post Whore
borat said:
You asked Locky, I gave you an answer.

There are no better experienced or form props available for the tri-nations than Stapleton.

There are plenty better experienced locks than toungue who are also in good form. You mightn't think so, I do and so do the selectors.

Then there is no hope for you or the selectors
Tongue has been robbed, as he was earlier this year for city country.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Who are these locks who are in great form??

O'donnell: Ordinary since origin.
Simpson: Backrower, doesn't have the size your looking for anyway.
Carroll: Playing ok, but i think his australian days are over.
Ryan: Isn't playing lock anyway, is a second rower, has been good though and deserves to be picked there.
Kennedy: Awesome, but hanging up the boots.
Gallen: Sharks best player, has problems with his hands and hasnt been as good as he was before origin. Form nosedive.
Johnson: Same size as tounge, doesnt work as hard in defence and doesnt have as much spark in attack.

Who are these great lock options, i mean locks.

Raider_69

Post Whore
borat said:
His own coach told him to look elsewhere last year. Get over yourself. He has been a revelation this year granted.

:lol:
your an idiot, drag a statement made 18 months back up to justify this situation, a statement Elliott himself has retracted and then some since that time.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Tongue has been great atleast the last two years. How many first graders do you think would have been told atleast once during there careers that they need to work harder.. i'd say pretty much all of them.

Latest posts