What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wales vs PNG

Coastbloke

Bench
This is apparently being played on the 28th October 2007.

Has anyone heard anything more about this match..??

brendothejet

First Grade
no i hadn't.

Everytime I see a thread entitled "team from small country vs team from small country" I think to myself, "is this a thread about a game actually happening or is it a pie in the sky idea by another fellow forummer"

Glad to see the Dragons and the Kumuls are going to hit it out.

More congrats to the teams for organising it, now promote it!

deluded pom?

Coach
Nothing has been mentioed of this game in Britain as far as I'm aware. Where did you get your info Coastbloke?

nadera78

Juniors
If they do play then I'll defo travel up to Wales to see the game. I've never seen the Kumuls play thanks to our silly administrators.

RLIF

Juniors
From the Wales Rugby League site under fixtures for Welsh National side it has this match

deluded pom?

Coach
Checked out the Cymru RL site. The only reference I can find is in the fixtures section. It doesn't even merit a mention in the news section. Strange.

pcpp

Juniors
World cup semi-finalists two times running and the only country with RL as its national sport.

It is a huge shame that this gets so little attention.

RLIF

Juniors
deluded pom? said:
Checked out the Cymru RL site. The only reference I can find is in the fixtures section. It doesn't even merit a mention in the news section. Strange.

Well its on there and i guess it will happen seeing the Kiwis have pulled the plug on playing Wales this season.

hutch

First Grade
brendothejet said:
More congrats to the teams for organising it, now promote it!

how sad is it that the teams have to organise this because our international body has no strength and vision to oragnise games like this themselves.

roughyedspud

Coach
to oversea the running of the international game.....

as for tour games it's up to the nations governing bodies like the PNGRL,frenchRL,WELSH RL etc to pick up the bloody phone and sort something out...after next years world cup the RLIF should have some money in the bank to help part fund tours but the nation have to organise them first..

deluded pom?

Coach
Surely it's down to the RLIF AND the nations to put in place a rolling cycle of tours and tournaments. I see the All Golds' tour at the end of the season has now been reduced to five games only. The centenary game , 3 match Test series and a one off against France. No midweek games at all.

roughyedspud

Coach
it's down to the RLIF to sort out the tournaments..they should have a hand in both tours & tournaments but in the past few years when ever the RLIF have come together for meetings (with all RL nations attending) all that appears to have come out of it has been tournaments (tri & federation shield)..

Latest posts