What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wallabies have no hope

elly

Juniors
Tiquiri just scored.... and the cheering of my brothers and their friends is bloody annoying! C'mon All Blacks!! :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
Well played Wallabies.

If things were even in New Zealand and John Mitchell wasn't treated like a scapegoat, Graham Henry would get the same treatment. Lose an important game, face the ax. The NZRFU though to be fair and equal???? Not since the 1980's!

ripper

This is not a RWC Semi Final is it though?

And the BC Cup wasnt on the line.

and Mitchell lost 1, won 1 against the Aussies during his first year of coaching in 2002

gunnamatta bay

Referee
There is a poll on Stuff on why the ABs lost. The majority blame lack of attack. Aussie defence is almost neck and neck with the ref. So a good percentage are blaming the ref and give little credit to the Wallaby defence. :?:

weasel

First Grade
There's reports this morning that the All Black's trip to South Africa is in doubt with concerns over terrorism threats. Maybe they're just afraid of being third best this time.

ThrashViking

Juniors
Iafeta said:
Well played Wallabies.

If things were even in New Zealand and John Mitchell wasn't treated like a scapegoat, Graham Henry would get the same treatment. Lose an important game, face the ax. The NZRFU though to be fair and equal???? Not since the 1980's!
Hmmm..what about Wayne Smith? He lost three games in two years, what a disgrace of a coach :roll:

ozbash

Referee
coaching never lost us the game.
the game was lost when geo gregan ( bless his soul) had the penalty reversed on him midway through the first half.

he had sown a seed in the refs mind and from there we were history.

the AB,s should have clicked to georgies caper and played within the rules (wwhich they were doing for the first 20 mins)

well done wallybies.
mick burke is a legend

aussie footy is in very good shape booey... :p

Iafeta

Referee
I don't think coaching cost us the game last year either - one good intercept in what was going to be a tough slog anyway was always going to be the death nail. Ripper, any test against the Wallabies is important, we are now in second place for the Tri Nations I believe which is of upmost importance to the All Blacks. The point is, John Mitchell got treated as a scapegoat but at least had that backline working as a well oiled machine, maybe that was Robbie Dean's doing, who knows. One things for sure, I said it last year, even though they lost I could see under Mitchell's control a dynasty building because they played the right sort of rugby. Last night we played without any depth, without any width and therefore cut our biggest strength out. Well done Graham Henry, but he talks to the media so his job is safe. Onya NZRFU.

Martli

Coach
All blacks need to learn how to score tries...

This, and the warriors=shit sporting weekend for me... I hope Johnsonville beat Ories in the hardam cup semi today...

ripper

Mitchell had the Backline Working, but he had the softest pack in the History of the All Blacks.

Shows how Much we miss Richie McCaw - or maybe it just showcases that maybe Holah just isnt the way to go

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Caught the replay this morning and thought it was a high quality game, good skills shown by both teams, and only one try, showed how good both defences played.

Lote Tiquirri gets better at Union every time I see him play. He deserved his try.

Still gotta comment on the refs tho, some one said in here afer the last game, we gotta get southern hemisphere refs, well if I'm not mistaken this ref was from RSA and he made some very blatent mistakes, and so did one of the touchies.

bayrep

Juniors
Has any team ever used the flat back line attack successfully ? The AB's back line looked like they didn't have a clue. We also seemed to revert to having forwards in our backline again.

Also where were our forwards every time there was a break down the first person to the ball was always George Smith (Great player, but darn annoying :))

Well done Aus you just played smarter football on the day. The good thing about this is that we go over to SA with the comp wide open even SA can win it.

Thomas

First Grade
Australia used the flat backline attack in the early 80's and 90's.

Admittedly, in the early 80's there were 2 or 3 Ella brothers playing in the side.

And in the 90's the backline was Farr-Jones-Lynagh-Horan-Little...not what you'd call a shabby backline.

Its hard to play well...and is best used as a move rather than setting your whole game plan on it.

South Africa will eat NZ alive in the Republic if they persist with it. Carlos needs depth as he doesn't have the passing skills needed for that type of game. He can't even pass left to right FFS.

AB's running from depth with Rock, Mils and Howlett at full pace....now thats scary.

ripper

Spencer needs a guy who doesnt take 10-15 seconds to pass, he needs someone who as soon as the ball is available, picks it up, BAM, 2 to 3 seconds later, Balls in Spencers hands...

MR BRYON KELLEHAR, COME ON DOWN

ThrashViking

Juniors
Martli said:
All blacks need to learn how to score tries...

This, and the warriors=sh*t sporting weekend for me... I hope Johnsonville beat Ories in the hardam cup semi today...
Howd did J'Ville go?
My old team Norths are in the final against the scum of Wellington also known as Poneke in the jubilee cup \\:D/ .