What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wallabies have no hope

weasel

First Grade
Mandela Challenge Plate, actually. Of course we only needed one win over South Africa to retain it, much like you guys with the Bledisloe, so holding it doesn't really prove much.

Johns Magic

Referee
When was the last time NZ made the Grand Final of a World Cup?

Exactly, you choke when it matters most.

Looks like the Wobblies still are using the fans 1800 101010 number....1800 ONE NOTHING ONE NOTHING ONE NOTHING !!!.

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Johns Magic

Referee
kia ora storm said:
Looks like the Wobblies still are using the fans 1800 101010 number....1800 ONE NOTHING ONE NOTHING ONE NOTHING !!!.

They've won several competitions this millenium.

More than the Storm can say.

choc_soldier

Coach
kia ora storm said:

When was the last time you won the world cup? ;-)

Thomas

First Grade
Add to that the Cook cup and various other trophies we got for beating sub-standard teams like England.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Lets face it, the only trophies anyone really gives a rat's arse about are the Webb Ellis, the Bledisloe, The 6 Nations and the Tri-Nations, and even the last one's debatable. The others are mickey mouse trophies that have been slapped in place in an attempt to give every bloody international some sort of extra meaning, but that nobody really gives a monkey's about.

bayrep

Juniors
I tend to disagree. Out of all those trophies meantioned only the Tri-nations has the least appeal as for so long it was only a contest between Aus and NZ. The other trophies have great history behind them and you can see from the reaction from the players and the fans what it means to them.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
bayrep said:
I tend to disagree. Out of all those trophies meantioned only the Tri-nations has the least appeal as for so long it was only a contest between Aus and NZ. The other trophies have great history behind them and you can see from the reaction from the players and the fans what it means to them.
huh? I was saying that all the trophies that I named were important, with the possible exception of the 3N.
It's the other trophies like the mandela sheild and cook cup that I was referring to as mickey mouse trophies.

bayrep

Juniors
SpaceMonkey said:
bayrep said:
huh? I was saying that all the trophies that I named were important, with the possible exception of the 3N.
It's the other trophies like the mandela sheild and cook cup that I was referring to as mickey mouse trophies.

Then I agree with you :)

Latest posts