What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wants for sequel (Short guide)

knowsleyroader

Juniors
I think a lot of people are being incredibly unrealistic with what they expected NRL 1 to be. I still play it and think its a hell of a game.

As an achievement of a rugby league game from scratch taking into account what is involved with regards to 3d graphics engines etc in todays market it was an incredible piece of software.

If Nrl 2 takes as big a step in terms of achievement then it will simply blow the rugby league market and indeed the sports game market to pieces with what can be achieved by a small company in a relatively short space of time.

knowsleyroader

Juniors
To be honest some of the comments by people on here make me cringe. If people cant see that SIDHE are genuinely concerned about what software they offer to the consumer then certain people need to open their eyes.

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
knowsleyroader said:
To be honest some of the comments by people on here make me cringe. If people cant see that SIDHE are genuinely concerned about what software they offer to the consumer then certain people need to open their eyes.

I never thought id agree with a Saints fan but spot on.

Sidhe have done an excellent job so far.

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Back to the original topic.

My main concern are the bugs that are already in there and mainly the way players stand out of position. The halfback should not be stood on the wing! A winger should not be defending in the middle of the field etc. That was the worst part of the game for me,creating an overlap only to see the final pass go to a prop on the wing.

knowsleyroader

Juniors
Wigan Warrior said:

My main concern are the bugs that are already in there and mainly the way players stand out of position. The halfback should not be stood on the wing! A winger should not be defending in the middle of the field etc. That was the worst part of the game for me,creating an overlap only to see the final pass go to a prop on the wing.

Thats very true but I think that was also the case with ARL 96. Although its simple enough in real life I imagine to get back to your position because you know when you have chance, how does the AI know when they can leave the defensive line and track back to their position ? Even in attack, how would it be to want to pass the ball to a player only to have him run right past you because he is going back to his position.

I imagine it would be a very very fine balancing act to achieve programming wise. Maybe Mario could answer if that is indeed a difficult problem to overcome ?

BTW with regards to a halfback on the wing Sean Long does that plenty of times. In fact the way hes playing at the moment if he wasnt a little sit down on the touchline thats fine by me. If Ian Millward would play James Roby in position im sure he would prove his worth almost immidiately. But I digress :D

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
knowsleyroader said:
Wigan Warrior said:

Thats very true but I think that was also the case with ARL 96. Although its simple enough in real life I imagine to get back to your position because you know when you have chance, how does the AI know when they can leave the defensive line and track back to their position ? Even in attack, how would it be to want to pass the ball to a player only to have him run right past you because he is going back to his position.

I imagine it would be a very very fine balancing act to achieve programming wise. Maybe Mario could answer if that is indeed a difficult problem to overcome ?

BTW with regards to a halfback on the wing Sean Long does that plenty of times. In fact the way hes playing at the moment if he wasnt a little sit down on the touchline thats fine by me. If Ian Millward would play James Roby in position im sure he would prove his worth almost immidiately. But I digress :D

I understand what you are saying but i disagree it would be hard to do. If you watch now,a left centre will run across the field to the right centre position just to defend in that area for some reason.Infact,the defenders just seem to leg it around and change position in the line for no apparent reason at each play the ball. 95% of half backs dont defend on the wing.Just because Long sometimes does doesnt mean they should do the same with the game. Maybe make an acception for Saints or any other team where the halfback defends on the wing?

BTW,the way Dennis Moran tackles i wish Betts would put him on the wing out of the way.

strong_latte

Juniors
A button that lets you drop your wingers and fullback in defence whenever you want, instead of having to wait for the fifth tackle all the time.

Monkey

Juniors
strong_latte said:
A button that lets you drop your wingers and fullback in defence whenever you want, instead of having to wait for the fifth tackle all the time.

Theres a lot of buttons wanted for a lot of things. maybe we need a special 40 button pad for rugby league 2 :lol:

ByRd

First Grade
*Player stats to be out of 100 & not 10 for more variation- this is a MUST

Phillips

Referee
dog4life said:
*Player stats to be out of 100 & not 10 for more variation- this is a MUST

:clap: agree

i'd also like to see Nathan Hindmarsh's stats an improvement from the first game :whistle

PARRA_FAN

Coach
One suggestion, this has probably been mentioned before, is that you can change goal kickers during a game say if the one kicking is having a barry.

And also change positions in the team during the game.

Eg. Winger is injured, bench player comes on, five eighth moves into centre, bench player comes in at five eighth, centre comes on the wing.

Or

Halfback injured, forward bench player comes on, reshuffle the team, lock forward moves into hooker, bench player moves into second row, second row moves into lock. Hooker moves to halfback.

Kiwi

First Grade
wanderingswordsman said:
First and formost for me is better positional play, the game has to feel more like rugby league before you start asking for extras. ie Hookers that stay at dummy half, half backs that get into first reciever 5/8's that get into second reciever, fullbacks that join the line to create overlaps, wingers that hold their wing. The positional play of forwards is pretty good in the current game though.

This and how easy it is to score tries and be scored against bugs the shit out of me.

44 - 42 point games ect, what is this union?

Phillips

Referee
large squads

eg. top 25 for each team plus some of the junior players (or reserves) coming through the ranks

raidersfan

Juniors
I would love to see

*Multi year franchise (maybe 10 years)
*Ability to improve players with training ala Madden
*More players eg from 1st Grade, Premier league,QLD cup & some players from Jersey Flegg so you can play multi year franchises for a decade or so. I know its a huge ask but it would be awsome.
*Player abilities out of 100 not 10.
*You can choose what positions Your players play in during a match so if your winger gets ingured and you only have forwards on your bench you can put a forward into the centres and move a centre out to the wing.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
One thing to fix!!!

In league 1 if u tried to turn around the player ran backwards in a real unnatural fasion it looked very weird!!!! fix that sidhe :)

Kris_man

Bench
another "bug" with Rugby League 1:

9) i position my player perfectly to pick up a grubber or loose ball, but he fails to pick it up. at this point, an opposition player who was about 5m further from my player might get the ball.

buster bunny

Juniors
One thing from the 1st game that I didnt particularly like was the crowd during final games. They would only cheer for the side deemed the home side when both sides should have equal support in finals games.

Latest posts