What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wants for sequel (Short guide)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The scoreboards at each stadium to be 'live' rather than just boring objects sitting there black as night...

umosay

Juniors
-No more replays on big hits

-Passing system has to work a lot better, and look a lot better

- Some kind of Energy system so you know how much energy your player has used before they need to be substituted
- A better kicking system for grubbers and bombs

Kage

Juniors
I'd like to see:

-an option to toggle matrix kicking on/off

-an option to turn fatigue on/off and realistic/arcade so the fatigue is calculated by the length of the match so it would come into effect even in 10 minute games, but if you have the arcade fatigue option on your forwards would be buggered by half-time not 1 minute into the match.

-An alternate sprint button like in WCR where you press down the left thumbstick (only if the button-mashing sprint is removed :) , mainly so X-Box owners can sprint AND fend/side-step.

-a PES-style side-step button. In PES you hold down a button which basically locks your player into running forward, and when you pull sideways your player side-steps laterally while still facing forward, but its all about the timing.

-Rugby2005-style on the fly defence and attack options using the D-pad.

-on demand and savable replays. People could upload their cool tries onto the web.

Kage

Juniors
The idea I'd like the most to see implemented concerns selecting players in defense. Pressing the select player button picks the player who is closest to the ball. Pressing the right shoulder button selects the next player on the right, and the same with the left shoulder button. Pressing both shoulder buttons together switches control straight to the full-back. If the player switching was swift and responsive I think this control scheme would remove most of the problems to do with selecting players

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Will Steve Clark still do the ref's voice for the sequel? cause that was a good idea using the ref's voice, "that's a penalty, "nah mate you're offside", "hey hey you".

Another suggestion is the bounce of the ball depending the surface. Eg. When its raining and the ground is damp, the ball wont bounce as much. Ive had trouble with the bounce of the ball in the Rugby League especially from the kick off.

Also the charge down, though it might be used in the first game but Ive never seen it.

sheep

Juniors
The ability to call set plays ala Madden. Now im not saying you would do this every play, but say on the last tackle it could bring up options, which you choose corresponding to buttons to implement them, so you can choose:

Bomb left/right/centrefield
Grubber left/right/centrefield
Run the ball
Drop goal etc.

Players in your side take a positions corresponding to choice i.e winger run through for the high ball, rather hoping they realise what is happening as in RL1

This could also possibly be implemented on defence for last tackle i.e wingers drop back for bomb etc

sheep

Juniors
Also to add some realism to the game, often in commentating after halftime they refer to what was said by coaches etc. Now i know this is a big ask paying money to people for their work, but it would be nice if you had a sideline commentator giving little quips i.e Matty Johns, saying "Ricky Stuart told his boys to keep up the good work and just get the simple things right."

I feel this would just add another dimension to the feel of the game (not that we think vossy does a bad job) but some variation would be nice.

Phillips

Referee
Kage said:
-An alternate sprint button like in WCR where you press down the left thumbstick (only if the button-mashing sprint is removed :) , mainly so X-Box owners can sprint AND fend/side-step.

no way, the sprint button that they have now is great :x

Phillips

Referee
i'd really like to see (probably been said before) a small players name at the bottom of the screen during a game, like in FIFA etc

so you can tell who the player is that has the ball.

eg. if PJ Marsh has the ball, it displays his name at the bottom corner or the like...i think its a must as its used in alot of other sports games, and its good to see what player you are controlling.

also this has been mentioned, but i must stress this...changing players postions on the field without using a sub!!. I was playing the first league game today (PS2) and Luke Burt (winger) went down injured, i had a halfback on the bench and wanted to put John Morris in Burts wing position and bring in the halfback i had on the bench to 5-8th...instead i could only put the halfback on the wing #-o

I love the controls (i have PC version) they way they are now - ive customised my keyboard so that the 'ctrl' left of the arrow keys sidesteps and the Ins/0 button right fends - works a treat. Sprint button rocks too

Phillips

Referee
one more thing.........intercepts should be easier to do

in the few years that ive had the game, ive done about ONE intercept :x

I was wondering...with the new player faces that look awesomly realistic...what happens when we want to create a customer player? do we have a bunch of basic faces to pick again, or a Sims 2 style thing?

Latest posts