What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waratahs Target Anasta

Razor

Coach
What i'd like to know is why did Canterbury poach him from Union in the first place?

They didn't. Canterbury poached him from Souths after Souths were kicked out.

Anonymous

Juniors
Jeez. The mere notion of Anasta in a Waratahs jersey is enough to make me sick. I'd take Tim Donnelly or Shaun Berne any day of the week over him...

Godz Illa

Coach
Booyah said:
Played for Marist Bros Mustangs
Played for Marcellin College, Randwick.
True, and that also happens to be a Rugby League school. The Marist Bros Mustangs were a club in the Souths Juniors, based in the Daceyville area. Braith played for them in the early grades. The club has since been renamed.
Braith is a League player. I for one hope he stays in the NRL, it would be particularly good to see him back at Souths.

Shaun Berne also attended Marcellin College. He wasn't (and still isn't) half the player Braith is.

Booyah

Bench
Godz Illa said:
Booyah said:
Played for Marist Bros Mustangs
Played for Marcellin College, Randwick.
True, and that also happens to be a Rugby League school. The Marist Bros Mustangs were a club in the Souths Juniors, based in the Daceyville area. Braith played for them in the early grades. The club has since been renamed.
Braith is a League player. I for one hope he stays in the NRL, it would be particularly good to see him back at Souths.

Shaun Berne also attended Marcellin College. He wasn't (and still isn't) half the player Braith is.

Sorry, I didn't highlight it properly. I meant to highlight and add that he also played Firsts for Marcellin.

You don't have to tell me its a League school, I was only a few years behind him. ;-)

Coaster

Bench
After watching tonight so called TEST.

The ARU, should be throwing money at our forwards.

Not that i want them to, but there forwards are as soft as butter, i wanted to throw beer cans at the TV.

Oh and on throwing, maybe they should give a darts player 500K a year, and let him throw the damn ball in straight.

Overall, that game was like kissing ya sister, sure it had its moments, but it just doesnt feel right :?

^ Pando

retired
Personally, I think Anasta has all the markings of being one of the games greats. Had a top game tonight in Sherwins absense, and will be missed if salary cap crap sees him at the bunnys next year.

Union is scratching for "stars" and do not have enough players of any real potential to market as "great players".

If they think Anasta is the solution to their marketing problems then they need to take a reality check and tidy up their own backyard before luring league players to thugby.

:roll: :twisted:

gaterooze

Bench
kia ora storm said:
Union is scratching for "stars" and do not have enough players of any real potential to market as "great players".

Shown by the fact that their new "star" Wallaby is a bloody South African!!!

ibeme

First Grade
Anasta has dismissed it all in the Telegraph today anyway. Apparently a player manager is suspected as spreading the rumours, and Anasta is getting sick of it.

ngunity

Juniors
Yep that's right Ibeme; Anasta still has a year on his contract and can't go anywhere even if he wanted to until 2006

Anasta to stay at the Dogs and Union can crawl back into it's hole of obscurity, media-wise (but for 2-page spreads after test matches that I don't watch)

Anasta still has potential to fullfill, but the 'Most overrated' tag was flung at Fittler 2-3 seasons ago, and since that he stepped up and is set to retire one of the games greats.... I'm not saying Anasta is Fittler, but that it can be thrown around at players who don't deserve it and WILL prove themselves 8)