What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warne Vs Murali

lockyno1

Post Whore
sanjane said:
Yeah, it's not the ICC that sets the schedules, it's the Muttiah Muralidaran fan club!

FFS...

The ICC wants the sub continent to do well. It is a huge market and SL has a big market. If you think that that did not play any role in the decision to allow Murali to bowl, then you are absolutely kidding yourself!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Thierry Henry said:
lol

Murali got 500+ wickets by NOT making himself available to play, apparently. What an achievement.

And 150 wickets were nuffies against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe! Heck you could get 100 wickets against those nations Thiery!:roll:

sanjane

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
The ICC wants the sub continent to do well. It is a huge market and SL has a big market. If you think that that did not play any role in the decision to allow Murali to bowl, then you are absolutely kidding yourself!

You don't think that Australia's IMMENSELY HUGER market started the whole BS that Murali had to go throw?

lockyfan, do one thing for me:

think twice before you post. then think twice before you hit the 'submit reply' button.

then, don't do it.

lockyno1

Post Whore
sanjane said:
You don't think that Australia's IMMENSELY HUGER market started the whole BS that Murali had to go throw?

lockyfan, do one thing for me:

think twice before you post. then think twice before you hit the 'submit reply' button.

then, don't do it.

Firstly, if you think Australia has a bigger cricket market than Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, etc then you are kidding youself. We only have 20 million people living here FFS! Murali does throw and I really don't care what the ICC or anyone else says, he chucks! The rules were bended for him which is a joke in itself. 99% of people on this forum thinks he chucks, that says something mate!

sanjane

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Firstly, if you think Australia has a bigger cricket market than Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, etc then you are kidding youself. We only have 20 million people living here FFS! Murali does throw and I really don't care what the ICC or anyone else says, he chucks! The rules were bended for him which is a joke in itself. 99% of people on this forum thinks he chucks, that says something mate!

Australia has a bigger market than Sri Lanka. Full Stop

Think of this: Warne getting the nod over Murali for the team of the year last year...Why The F*ck did that happen? Because of the greater Aussie influence.

Kumar Sangakkara not getting in the Super Series test squad. Imagine if Gilly was not in that squad if say England were the no.1 team...THAT WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED!

Do you really think that Pakistan and India give two hoots about the SL cricket team? They've got their own freakin agendas! Think about the latest BS cast against murali...who started it! THE INDIANS!

sanjane

Juniors
And why do the dumbasses here think that Murali chucks, when (a) he's been cleared
and (b) your collective "King" of Spin bowling, Shane Warne himself and your best bat ever, the Late, the great Don, has said that Murali isn't a chucker...

http://www.icc-cricket.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/FEB/180903_SL_12FEB2005.html
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/12/04/1101923389044.html

Locky fan, why don't you tell your Hauritz to become half the bowler Murali was/is, then maybe he can be an asset to Australian cricket, rather than whinge about Murali's COMPLETELY LEGAL action.

and guess who hauritz wanted to learn from while in England, ...MURALI!
http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/de...gory=general sport&story_id=384752&y=2005&m=4

sanjane

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Oh well they tell the truth and the truth hurts doesn't it!:lol:

you are so immature that it's not funny!

seriously, how old are you???????? are you toilet trained yet?

JJ

Immortal
ah well, at least you're winning one debate sanjane (I was right about the Aloo!!)

lockyno1

Post Whore
sanjane said:
And why do the dumbasses here think that Murali chucks, when (a) he's been cleared
and (b) your collective "King" of Spin bowling, Shane Warne himself and your best bat ever, the Late, the great Don, has said that Murali isn't a chucker...

http://www.icc-cricket.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/FEB/180903_SL_12FEB2005.html
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/12/04/1101923389044.html

Locky fan, why don't you tell your Hauritz to become half the bowler Murali was/is, then maybe he can be an asset to Australian cricket, rather than whinge about Murali's COMPLETELY LEGAL action.

and guess who hauritz wanted to learn from while in England, ...MURALI!
http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=sport&subclass=national&category=general%20sport&story_id=384752&y=2005&m=4

Honestly I could not care less what Warne said about Murali. Of course he is not going to say he chucks as he goes over to SL reguarly for community work! Lets not go into Hauritz but why on earth would he learn from a chucker! FFS he has enough potential to reach the top on his own!

JJ

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
Lets not go into Hauritz but why on earth would he learn from a chucker! FFS he has enough potential to reach the top on his own!

LMFAO - there you go again Locky!

lockyno1

Post Whore
JJ said:
LMFAO - there you go again Locky!

I said lets not go into it. I have my opinion on Hauritz and the majority of people have another opinion on him. Leave it at that.

JJ

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
I said lets not go into it. I have my opinion on Hauritz and the majority of people have another opinion on him. Leave it at that.

you're hilarious at times - and then you bag Paul Wiseman 9who admittedly needs bagging - but not in the context of Nathan Hauritz)

On the subject though - while I agree that the rules changes etc have been dubious at best... bottom line is that they have been changed and according to the current rules Murali is legit... his record is comparable with anyone's, and in Asia he has had a huge effect on the game - witness the plethora of youngsters with similar actions...

I agree Warne is the best, but there are a range with great great records - off the top of my head - Warne, Murali, Laker, Underwood, Grimmett, O'Reilly all have wonderful records...

lockyno1

Post Whore
JJ said:
you're hilarious at times - and then you bag Paul Wiseman 9who admittedly needs bagging - but not in the context of Nathan Hauritz)

On the subject though - while I agree that the rules changes etc have been dubious at best... bottom line is that they have been changed and according to the current rules Murali is legit... his record is comparable with anyone's, and in Asia he has had a huge effect on the game - witness the plethora of youngsters with similar actions...

I agree Warne is the best, but there are a range with great great records - off the top of my head - Warne, Murali, Laker, Underwood, Grimmett, O'Reilly all have wonderful records...

First on Wiseman, I have bagged him at times but Hauritz was spinning the ball square in his test debut. That has potential written on it.

Current rules Murali is legal. As I said current rules. Go back to when he got called by Hair, correctly must I add, it was illegal under the rules. So why have they been altered?

Warne is by far the best one. The next best is Abdul Quadir (Pak) in my opinion. The best off-spinner I have seen and I have only seen bits and pieces of him is Jim Laker. If Laker was playing that many tests against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe then he would have 500 wickets too!

JJ

Immortal
laker was obviously great - average of 21 in 50 + tests...

Everyone was turning the ball square on the wicket Hauritz debuted on, and Clarke ran through the Indian line-up - so wouldn;t read to much into that...

Qadir was an interesting bowler, but much more effective at home (enough said) and overall averaged about 33 - MacGill is castly superior...

I'll say it again, Grimmett gets my vote - he's a Kiwi!

fish eel

Immortal
JJ said:

Rubbish.

He wore the baggy green ;-)

His record is frightening, its a real shame politics ended his career early.

lockyno1

Post Whore
JJ said:
laker was obviously great - average of 21 in 50 + tests...

Everyone was turning the ball square on the wicket Hauritz debuted on, and Clarke ran through the Indian line-up - so wouldn;t read to much into that...

Qadir was an interesting bowler, but much more effective at home (enough said) and overall averaged about 33 - MacGill is castly superior...

The other one we haven't discussed is Derek Underwood. He was the master of uncovered pitches. Unplayable at times!

Magill has a better record than Warne in some ways (strike rate). Qadir is better at home, so is Murali and most spin bowlers. Warne is about the only one who performs both home and away equally.

Clarke is a good spinner but it was all set up by Hauritz!