What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warne Vs Murali

Red Bear

Referee
By the way sanjane your simple taunt at my english standards means you dont counter my arguements?

You dont go buy the alias accusynclcd on Sportal do you?

sanjane

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
By the way sanjane your simple taunt at my english standards means you dont counter my arguements?

You dont go buy the alias accusynclcd on Sportal do you?

No and no. I just didn't know what your argument really was. But given you're only in year 10, I'll try and form a rebuttal.

BTW, you misspelt argument and i think it's "by the alias".

Now, the rebuttal...

Murali didn't come to Australia because he didn't have to. He plays cricket to entertain crowds but those that boo him don't deserve his presence in front of them. And so he wasn't going to come. It is a HUMAN RIGHT to not go places. Especially after the country's leader calls you a cheat.

It's funny how Gillespie and MacGill have at times this year had a whinge about crowd behaviour (apparently Gillespie was taunted 'Caravan'...OMG!!!!!!!!!), and Langer had a go at the Balmy Army for shouting No-ball while Brett Lee was bowling.

You know what the problem with alot of Aussies (and ppl from other well-to-do countries) is: You think you can get away with so much and the poorer man can't do anything about it.

Well Murali and the SL cricket board did something about it.

knights04

Bench
One of the only times I agree with Howard. Murali comes to Australia more when trying to clear his action than playing here. Says it all really.

lockyno1

Post Whore
knights04 said:
One of the only times I agree with Howard. Murali comes to Australia more when trying to clear his action than playing here. Says it all really.

Exactly!

Red Bear

Referee
sanjane said:
No and no. I just didn't know what your argument really was. But given you're only in year 10, I'll try and form a rebuttal.

BTW, you misspelt argument and i think it's "by the alias".

Now, the rebuttal...

Murali didn't come to Australia because he didn't have to. He plays cricket to entertain crowds but those that boo him don't deserve his presence in front of them. And so he wasn't going to come. It is a HUMAN RIGHT to not go places. Especially after the country's leader calls you a cheat.

It's funny how Gillespie and MacGill have at times this year had a whinge about crowd behaviour (apparently Gillespie was taunted 'Caravan'...OMG!!!!!!!!!), and Langer had a go at the Balmy Army for shouting No-ball while Brett Lee was bowling.

You know what the problem with alot of Aussies (and ppl from other well-to-do countries) is: You think you can get away with so much and the poorer man can't do anything about it.

Well Murali and the SL cricket board did something about it.
No, i just think that if you play international cricket or any form of professional sport you have to act professionally and deal with crowds and hecklers. I dont agree with Gillespie or Langer having a whinge (or Ponting whinging bout sub fielders for that matter) about the crowds, they should put up with it. However they didnt not tour england cos of crowd abuse did they? Warnie cops it more than anyone over there yet he laughs it off and acts it up, showing the proper way to deal with that crap, when as he walked off for the last time he got the "We only wish you were english" chant. There are ways around crowd abuse other than letting down your team mates. The chances of Sri Lanka beating Australia were gone as soon as he pulled out of that country.

Oh and Howard is an idiot for saying what he said, even if it is his opinion as leader of the country he shouldnt go around saying sh*t like that.

sanjane

Juniors
same competition, Murali less than 100% ...Murali vs Warne...

Nothing can be said about the attacks, the fields (oh yeah...Lancashire is a real turner, ain't it!) etc.

Who got the better average???????????????

Who is better?

Just admit it, if Murali was your own, you'd all love him! El D would, knights04 would, lockyfan wouldn't give a rats about Hauritz, etc. etc.

BTW, so too would Johnny Howard.

Red Bear

Referee
Nah i think Warne is a superior bowler, irrellevent to any debates over Murali's action.

And if Warnie was Sri Lankan you would love him and wouldnt care who he had sex with during which test!

sanjane

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
No, i just think that if you play international cricket or any form of professional sport you have to act professionally and deal with crowds and hecklers. I dont agree with Gillespie or Langer having a whinge (or Ponting whinging bout sub fielders for that matter) about the crowds, they should put up with it. However they didnt not tour england cos of crowd abuse did they? Warnie cops it more than anyone over there yet he laughs it off and acts it up, showing the proper way to deal with that crap, when as he walked off for the last time he got the "We only wish you were english" chant. There are ways around crowd abuse other than letting down your team mates. The chances of Sri Lanka beating Australia were gone as soon as he pulled out of that country.

Oh and Howard is an idiot for saying what he said, even if it is his opinion as leader of the country he shouldnt go around saying sh*t like that.

I am starting to think of you as not a bad bloke. Good for you.

The only problem with what you said is the Cricket Board gave him the PERMISSION through a CLAUSE in his contract to SKIP any FURTHER TOURS TO AUSTRALIA. Now, if he hadn't had that clause, he would've had to tour.

So, I don't see that as letting down his teammates. In fact, most of them were hoping for a quick controversy-free tour and FULLY SUPPORTED Murali's actions.

But you don't seem to me like the type of guy who would publically boo Murali (I could be wrong). Sure you may think he throws etc...but I don't think you would purposely try and publically humiliate him for an international audience to see.

Pity there are alot of your fellow countrymen (El D etc) who aren't like that. They should be blamed, not Murali.

sanjane

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Nah i think Warne is a superior bowler, irrellevent to any debates over Murali's action.

And if Warnie was Sri Lankan you would love him and wouldnt care who he had sex with during which test!

The 1st thing is your opinion and I fully agree to your right to hold it.

The 2nd thing is if Warnie was Sri Lankan and went around cheating on his wife as a hobby, I would never want him in a jersey embodying my great Island nation.

To me, results aren't THAT important. I would rather have someone like Upul Chandana or Malinga Bandara or someone else who may not have 1/4 of the talents Warney does, but is someone who kids, like yourself could look up to as ROLE MODELS.

knights04

Bench
I would be ashamed of him on field just like I am with Warne off the field. Murali does have a better career average. If you digest his figures a little closer as stated by others, Murali has around 100 wts vs Zim and Ban and plays more at home on wickets that suit him. Who is better? Warne.

Red Bear

Referee
Please dont refer to me as a kid, im getting my licence on Thursday. :)
I dont generally see sportsmen as role models unless it is concerned with the actual game(eg playing cricket, where Mcgrath has always been my favourite player). Way to much is made of how they have to behave, when they are really just normal people like the rest of us. However the role models should be the politicians etc and people of importance in the real scheme of live, not as bbrilliant entertainers, who should be the role models.

sanjane

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
Please dont refer to me as a kid, im getting my licence on Thursday. :)
I dont generally see sportsmen as role models unless it is concerned with the actual game(eg playing cricket, where Mcgrath has always been my favourite player). Way to much is made of how they have to behave, when they are really just normal people like the rest of us. However the role models should be the politicians etc and people of importance in the real scheme of live, not as bbrilliant entertainers, who should be the role models.

Sorry for the reference...

And also, I agree politicians have to be good role models (and trust me, SL Politicians are anything BUT), but I think alot of ppl look up to ppl in the public eye. Sure, it may not be correct or whatever, but that's the way society works.

And I think if I was SL coach or selector or captain I'd rather not have Warnie in my team for that reason. I think it spreads a wrong message "He can do whatever he wants just coz he's a good cricketer".

sanjane

Juniors
knights04 said:
I would be ashamed of him on field just like I am with Warne off the field. Murali does have a better career average. If you digest his figures a little closer as stated by others, Murali has around 100 wts vs Zim and Ban and plays more at home on wickets that suit him. Who is better? Warne.

Pls refer to post no.215 in this thread. That is just about the evidence to counter all arguments!

El Diablo

Post Whore
sanjane said:
Sorry for the reference...

And also, I agree politicians have to be good role models (and trust me, SL Politicians are anything BUT), but I think alot of ppl look up to ppl in the public eye. Sure, it may not be correct or whatever, but that's the way society works.

And I think if I was SL coach or selector or captain I'd rather not have Warnie in my team for that reason. I think it spreads a wrong message "He can do whatever he wants just coz he's a good cricketer".

he can f**k anyone he likes. no law against that.

knights04

Bench
So Murali picks up 36 wkts and heads the bowling average in County Cricket this season and that has what to do with test cricket?

sanjane

Juniors
knights04 said:
So Murali picks up 36 wkts and heads the bowling average in County Cricket this season and that has what to do with test cricket?

aren't we arguing who the better BOWLER is?

who you'd rather have in your side?

I'm just presenting reasons to place Murali in that list.

I've shown that Murali has a better overall record in ALL FORMS OF THE GAME. Then you guys claim this and that against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe...well, if you want TEST cricket, THEY're TEST CRICKET!

But even on a LEVEL playing field, Murali has bettered Warne. With a sore shoulder too.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
sanjane said:
great argument!

warne played 11 matches. Murali played 6.

good one!

thats just typical

Warne plays on any surface

Murali playes when it suits him

nothing new here

Latest posts