What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warren Smith

Vic Mackey

Referee
I like him. Find him pretty unbiased and you can tell he genuinaly loves the game. Doesn't whinge about absolutely everything that happens like a lot of commentators.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I like Warren Smith as a commentator, but I am kinda biased as I did once work with him at Fox Sports in the commentary booth.

That said, he never held up his end up the deal when we had a bet about the Raiders making the finals in season 2002. He was supposed to host NRL on FOX nude if they made it. Russell Fairfax brought it up on one episode before season's end and then I was politely asked by the producer to never mention it again.

Gordon Tallis told Scott Prince on Fox in the 2005 pre season that if the Tigers won the comp he'd play for them in 2006. Luckily for the Tigers he never did

Daryl Brohman stated that he would walk the Hume Hwy nude if Canberra made the finals in 2008. Never happened.....I guess we can be somewhat happy about that.

Didn't he say he'd stop eating if we didn't get the spoon one year too?

Also, didn't that washing power guy from the ads who goes door to door predict we'd get the spoon one year, and said he'd do something if we didn't get the spoon as well?

We've had a lot of Raider haters since Daley and co. retired.

POPEYE

Coach
Smith is great with surround sound on and the volume low, his incessant nauseating dribble gets lost in the background

no name

Coach
I like Warren Smith as a commentator, but I am kinda biased as I did once work with him at Fox Sports in the commentary booth.

That said, he never held up his end up the deal when we had a bet about the Raiders making the finals in season 2002. He was supposed to host NRL on FOX nude if they made it. Russell Fairfax brought it up on one episode before season's end and then I was politely asked by the producer to never mention it again.
Didn't he end up hosting it (or a segment of it) with no shirt on and a Raiders jersey painted on?
Or am I thinking of something else?

BM1979

Juniors
I like him but it is pretty bad when I would take Garry Freeman back over listening to Gaz , Anasta or Alexander. I didn't mind Ennis doing the holden cup last year, hopefully he grabs a gig

Iafeta

Referee
Yes I'm fairly sure Smith did do the paint on Raiders jersey.

As for Freeman, good god no. One of the all time most infuriating commentators of all time. Everything was about needing to go two passes wide of the ruck, and complaining about any head high tackle call. He was absolutely atrocious.

no name

Coach

As for Freeman, good god no. One of the all time most infuriating commentators of all time. Everything was about needing to go two passes wide of the ruck, and complaining about any head high tackle call. He was absolutely atrocious.
Yeah Freeman was a dud, I remember him commenting that a player had put his right hand foot on the dead ball line in one game.

bileduct

Coach

Yeah Freeman was pretty bad, but he was a great guy to be around. Probably one of the most approachable of all the Fox commentary dudes around the 2001-2004 era when I was working with them.

Laurie Daley sucked. Wally was an interesting guy because he was the only one who came with prepared lines and he would spend the lead up to games with his notepad memorising what he'd later go on to say during the commentary.

bileduct

Coach
Didn't he end up hosting it (or a segment of it) with no shirt on and a Raiders jersey painted on?
Or am I thinking of something else?
Well according to this old thread here -> http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/laurie-daley-and-warren-smith.167632/page-2 he did end up doing it.

As for Smith, how could he not hav an extra bit of something towards us? He's got 1 of our greatest players in his ear all week and was painted in our jersey back in 2002(?) when he said he would do the nrl on fox show nude if we made the 8! Knows never to go against us again after that if he knows whats good for him

Hah, cool, so he did kinda deliver on his promise.

If the idiots around here are unanimous then i'm 100% convinced I am right.

Smith is a no-nothing big head.

If he was any good he would have been on free to air.

Cable is for either people learning their trade or the team of those not up to it, of which Smith is team captain.

Uses "his" instead of "he's", calls others "idiots". Awesome.

Latest posts