What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warren Smith

albi

Juniors
I rated Smith as the best media personality in the recent LU poll.

Daley is nasty to the Raiders. I think in an attempt not to be biased, he has gone a bit the other way.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Lately Daley hasnt said much good about the Raiders, yet when it comes to the Dragons a team he never played for and probably didnt follow before, he thinks every player should in the NSW team.

"Colin Best is the fastest player in the NRL"
"Dean Young is one of the best backrowers in the game" (when he was playing hooker at the time)

When its not a Dragons game, he goes alright.

robe and wizard hat??? :shock: been a while since i read that transcript! :lol: :lol:
Isn't Daley Nathan Brown's assistant, consultant, or something? I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps praising Dragons players.

Razor

Coach
The perfect team will be

Commentator - Terry Kennedy
Comment Guys - Phil Gould, Matthew Johns, Steve Walters

If you only include guys currently working replace Terry Kennedy with Mark Braybrook.

gregstar

Referee
Razor said:
Early last year he was. But like Ben Galea has gone sour a bit.
wtf!

he's been sensational all the way through the season - if anything he's been better of late!

sydraider

First Grade
IPutOnMyRobeAndWizardHat said:
daley just cant commentate dragons games impartially, he's worse than gus, atleast he tries to hide his bias ^_^

Yeah Gus's way of hiding his bias is "I dont care what team you play for"

Razor

Coach
gregstar said:
wtf!

he's been sensational all the way through the season - if anything he's been better of late!

Still very good, but not a superstar currently. He should have made the Anzac test side early last year. He isn't up to test level at the moment.

gregstar

Referee
Razor said:
Still very good, but not a superstar currently. He should have made the Anzac test side early last year. He isn't up to test level at the moment.
c'mon razor!
he was learning the ropes last year & was pretty one dimensional - he tackled a lot & ran the ball up - that was it.
this year he has improved his attack out of sight. he has developed a tremendous passing game, has a respectable short kick on top of his high work rate in defence.
d. young .04 version would spit the .03 version out his clapper.

Razor

Coach
d. young .04 version would spit the .03 version out his clapper.

Exactly. The D Young .04 version would also beat the .05 version (especially first half of .04)

gregstar

Referee
Razor said:
Exactly. The D Young .04 version would also beat the .05 version (especially first half of .04)
LOL!
apologies
i mean the .05 version would beat the .04

Mr Saab

Referee
Weasels Ripped My Flesh said:
To quote Laurie from todays match: "What the Tigers need to do now is play football" - You want that as head caller on fox?

Or my favourite "they done well there".
Its DID laurie..DID!
Laurie needs a drastic crash course in English!

legend

Coach
Warren Smith supports Wests Tigers Russ, I thought you knew that?

I guess you are upset your only gig now is reporting on the goings on at the judiciary once a week. Stick to what you know best but I'm not sure any of us, including you, know what that is.

Mr Saab

Referee
Fairfax said:
Daley has forgotten more about football than Smith will ever know.

doesnt make him a good league caller.
Daley has NFI sometimes...especially when he talks with a forked tongue about he dragons

undertaker

Coach
If the idiots around here are unanimous then i'm 100% convinced I am right.

Smith is a no-nothing big head.

If he was any good he would have been on free to air.

Cable is for either people learning their trade or the team of those not up to it, of which Smith is team captain.

I guess u must've been thrilled to hear him commentate in the cricket last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZzO9P-OBFY&feature=related