What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warren Smith

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Is the biggest tool in rugby league. His disgraceful and inept commentary leaves me breathless. Laurie Daley tries as hard as he can to counter the man's obvious and many failings but comes off embarrassed at times by this joke of a commentator. He makes Phil Gould look objective. He fails to see obvious events in the field of play and is selective in what he sees in his commentary. The sooner Fox loses this enormous ego-driven amateur mouth piece and promotes Daley to head caller, the better of the coverage will be.

I wish he'd stick his "famed" pumpkin in his mouth and shut up.
Your on your own buddy, enjoy Smiths commentary, and can put up with Daley's, Andrew Voss on the other hand is a different story.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I use to dislike Smith but over the past couple years have come to really enjoy his commentary to the point where I am convinced he is the best caller in the game. Daley on the other hand is one I cannot stomach.

blaza88z

Coach
The only thing I hate about Smith is after the first try is scored.. almost every game

"[team that scored first] will play from in front tonight!"

Tom Shines

First Grade
The only thing I hate about Smith is after the first try is scored.. almost every game

"[team that scored first] will play from in front tonight!"

He commentated on the baseball a few months back for the Australia v All Stars match for Fox Sports.

And you can guess what happened when the first run was scored...

"And the All Stars will play from in front tonight!"

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
He's one of the better commentators, but hes still an arrogant merkin.

His commentary of the tennis this year was terrible, questioning the integrity of the sport and demanding action to be taken after he didn't like the way one of the matches played out. Embarrassing.

POPEYE

Coach
The only real flaw in Fox's superiority over nine is Daley. His opinions take a set of six and the subject self explanatory to a 10 year old.

Smith keeps up with the play . . . something that puts him ahead of the rest

bobmar28

Bench
Haven't had Fox for a while but from what I remember Smith and Daley are ok. Way better than Ray Warren.

Is the biggest tool in rugby league. His disgraceful and inept commentary leaves me breathless. Laurie Daley tries as hard as he can to counter the man's obvious and many failings but comes off embarrassed at times by this joke of a commentator. He makes Phil Gould look objective. He fails to see obvious events in the field of play and is selective in what he sees in his commentary. The sooner Fox loses this enormous ego-driven amateur mouth piece and promotes Daley to head caller, the better of the coverage will be.

I wish he'd stick his "famed" pumpkin in his mouth and shut up.

Greg Alexander for me, though Warren Smith is woeful too.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Nobody will knock Ray Warren off his perch (as the games shitiest caller) anytime soon....... unless he dies on air. When will this useless blind knob get the boot?

undertaker

Coach
So, given that Smith has been Fox Sports head NRL caller since 2001, how would you evaluate his performance so far? Is it time for new blood at Fox Sports, or are you looking forward to hearing "Johnathan THUUUUUUUURSTON" over the next few years?

bileduct

Coach
I like Warren Smith as a commentator, but I am kinda biased as I did once work with him at Fox Sports in the commentary booth.

That said, he never held up his end up the deal when we had a bet about the Raiders making the finals in season 2002. He was supposed to host NRL on FOX nude if they made it. Russell Fairfax brought it up on one episode before season's end and then I was politely asked by the producer to never mention it again.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
That said, he never held up his end up the deal when we had a bet about the Raiders making the finals in season 2002. He was supposed to host NRL on FOX nude if they made it. Russell Fairfax brought it up on one episode before season's end and then I was politely asked by the producer to never mention it again.

Daryl Brohman stated that he would walk the Hume Hwy nude if Canberra made the finals in 2008. Never happened.....I guess we can be somewhat happy about that.

ed-grimley

Bench
He's one of the better commentators, but hes still an arrogant merkin.

His commentary of the tennis this year was terrible, questioning the integrity of the sport and demanding action to be taken after he didn't like the way one of the matches played out. Embarrassing.
Tennis commentary is universally rubbish.

Latest posts