What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warrior Mateo's blast at old tribe

Gronk

Staff member
Now Mateo mentioned the leaks. He must be player # 5 or 6 to refer to the leaks. Of course Sevens will have us believe that the leaks are a Fitzy led conspiracy designed to destabilize the club.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Lol yes it's all bloody fitzys fault. Fitzy could be dead and buried and it would still all be his fault.

lewiscook

Juniors
Mateo you are not here anymore! get over it and enjoy being a fat lazy bastard with all the talent in the world at the warriors.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
It's good that Mateo can now speak freely about what's going on. A few players like Hindmarsh and Cayless have hinted at the same, although they probably can't say too much publicly.

mrpwnd

Bench
"There was no connection. You'd think management would do more to make players happy, but it was a case of, 'do your best'. The board sacked Ando, but how can you go from making the grand final to not making the semis and then get sacked?
"Was it all his fault?

It was the players fault too Feleti.
Oh so if it isn't the coach, then it's clearly the players destroying the club, sneaky 3P apologists sniffing their noses about everywhere I see.
Get your head out of the ground and learn that the board have been pretty sh*t with the players and the coaching staff, DA being a mere scapegoat.
If there is any truth in Mateo's words, which is likely considering he has little to gain from coming out to this, then it's obvious where the root of our problems are.

fish eel

Immortal
Be good if Feleti could put his hand up and take some personal responsibility for his performances during the year

Mateo you are not here anymore! get over it and enjoy being a fat lazy bastard with all the talent in the world at the warriors.

:clap:

Exactly. If Mateo really loves the club, slamming it on the way out twice is pretty low. If he was getting the same money the Warriors were offering and stayed, I am sure these 'problems' would not have been an issue.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
another day, another headline for the Eels

interesting that he doesn't blame DA for anything

Snoochies

First Grade
You were employed to do a job and got paid too much to do it. Whatever the management were like is irrelevant to how you perform on the field. I'm sure if you did the job you were paid to do, the management would be happy to offer you more and thus you'd be loving them at the moment.

Gronk

Staff member
You were employed to do a job and got paid too much to do it. Whatever the management were like is irrelevant to how you perform on the field. I'm sure if you did the job you were paid to do, the management would be happy to offer you more and thus you'd be loving them at the moment.

Not many will agree with you Snoochie.

St George Illawarra chief executive Peter Doust said the victory was "a great outcome for what is a very successful relationship", praising the work of his off-field staff, echoing the thoughts of coach Wayne Bennett who quoted the late Jack Gibson in saying success on the field starts in the front office.
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...nal-touch-for-merger-masterpiece/1959253.aspx

But then again what would Wayne Bennett and Jack Gibson know...

Tony Bongo

Bench
From what I understand, Mateo wasn't a part of DA's future plans. What was it he wanted management to do ??? Sack Ando earlier? Give him $400k? Maybe he believes that he was a part of DA's plans but not the boards. How about you ask some of the people close to you Feleti if they think Ando had your back. Either way it doesn't matter.

I think the truth is Feleti, by not working hard enough, you lowered your value to the club and the coach. You told me yourself that you could have done more !!! A man can only blame himself until the point he can say he has put in 100%. Watch how great you can be when you stop putting your destiny in the hands of others and just get on with the job you have to do. Disharmony around you is nothing if you are focused on simply being the best you can be.

Blame the board, blame the coach, blame the ref , blame the supporters who bag you, blame whoever but nothing will change with our players until they learn to be men and take full ownership first and foremost.

Glenn

First Grade
I've read heaps of posts on here from the usual suspects blaming DA alone for Feleti leaving, and not the management...

Seems like Feleti in his own words has nothing bad to say about DA, but did want to give our management/Board a serve? Interesting ;-).

Forever stunned by leaks of private player meetings.... and some people here would have us believe that DA was the key factor in our players' low morale in 2010?

Interesting indeed.

Bart..remember in the eyes of some the board can do no wrong. :sarcasm:

Stagger eel

Staff member
it's an extremely damning and disturbing article..

as a non contracted player, Mateo can say what he wants but I wouldn't expect a glowing report from a bloke who was wanted at the club so if a scribe is looking for a negative angle, it;s not very hard to find..

Latest posts