What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warrior Mateo's blast at old tribe

Parra Guru

Coach
So what.... it's a big merry-go-round.

Mateo had a lazy season, he got a spray and didn't like it... Signs for big money then goes onto say he had a couple of good games to stick it up the club.... Then Mateo gives someone else a spray.... Mateo leaves.... then continues to give the club a spray via the paper.

But someone said something mean about him in the first place?? FFS grow up Feleti.

You got called out for being a lazy sh*t.

HevyDevy

Coach
Good to see our Media Manager keeping a lid on all things in the media

Well that's a shocking comment.

Despite the best efforts of the media people at Parramatta the board continues to run its own show. Most of what is being written about the Eels is coming from the board.

Tahu has spoken out but he isn't even contracted to the club and did so from Kangaroos camp, so that's not the fault of the Eels media people.

Mateo has left so he isn't in that control either.

The only other person that has spoken out is Hindmarsh and as captain it is his job to be the voice of the team.

So what's your point?

Djay

Juniors
Oh so if it isn't the coach, then it's clearly the players destroying the club, sneaky 3P apologists sniffing their noses about everywhere I see.
Get your head out of the ground and learn that the board have been pretty sh*t with the players and the coaching staff, DA being a mere scapegoat.
If there is any truth in Mateo's words, which is likely considering he has little to gain from coming out to this, then it's obvious where the root of our problems are.
Great post, totally agree.

I think the whole Horo had a great year and was the shining light in a dismal season was blown way out of proportion. Yes he improved a lot and was reasonable find but he wasn't the revelation that PR are making him out to be. If he was then surely he would have walked into a Kiwis jumper. I think his achievement and progression this season is very similar to that of Bodene Thompsons from the Titans.

I think it was all a PR trick conjured up to distract supporters from the fact that they had lost Mateo. Did it work?
lets face it being the eels best player wasnt exactly hard work in 2010

Jodeci

Bench
Well that's a shocking comment.

Despite the best efforts of the media people at Parramatta the board continues to run its own show. Most of what is being written about the Eels is coming from the board.

Tahu has spoken out but he isn't even contracted to the club and did so from Kangaroos camp, so that's not the fault of the Eels media people.

Mateo has left so he isn't in that control either.

The only other person that has spoken out is Hindmarsh and as captain it is his job to be the voice of the team.

So what's your point?

The Bulldogs are going through one of rugby leagues biggest betting scandal but their media manager (Ross Smart) is keeping the players away from the media and the players are simply not saying a thing.

The media manager should be taking full control and all jurno's who wish to speak to any player at our club, need to go through the media manager

After all the rubbish that has been dished out, this is what should of happen to stop all the leaks and garbage that has been reported through all media outlets

The Bulldogs are going through one of rugby leagues biggest betting scandal but their media manager (Ross Smart) is keeping the players away from the media and the players are simply not saying a thing.

The media manager should be taking full control and all jurno's who wish to speak to any player at our club, need to go through the media manager

After all the rubbish that has been dished out, this is what should of happen to stop all the leaks and garbage that has been reported through all media outlets
the trouble with that is the leaks arent coming from the players

fish eel

Immortal

Not much our club can do about Feleti Mateo now.

Also, if a journalist wants to contact a player fierce, it's then ip to the player to tell them to go through the club. A club can say all they like about media needing to go through a manager, but if players are going to speak when contacted then why would any journo bother going to a manager first?

Jodeci

Bench
Not much our club can do about Feleti Mateo now.

Also, if a journalist wants to contact a player fierce, it's then ip to the player to tell them to go through the club. A club can say all they like about media needing to go through a manager, but if players are going to speak when contacted then why would any journo bother going to a manager first?

After all the media rubbish that has been dished up from the Tele to the Herald to Hadley, etc.

You would of thought the club would have sat all the players in a room and made a clear and concise message that if any player speaks to the media without consent from the club then they would be in trouble.

The articles are tarnishing the club and the club needs to put a stop on it and have the jurnos seeking permission from the club to speak to players.

The way I see it is that why cant the player be man enough to go up to the coach or CEO or Board and tell them how they feel instead of going through the media and then the club finds out?

It's back stabbing to the club I think.

If I have an issue at work, I dont run to the media, I see my boss about it and how we can fix the issue.

The environment/trade I work in is a very high agenda on shows like ACA and Today Tonight but you dont see anyone from here running to the media.

After all the media rubbish that has been dished up from the Tele to the Herald to Hadley, etc.

You would of thought the club would have sat all the players in a room and made a clear and concise message that if any player speaks to the media without consent from the club then they would be in trouble.

The articles are tarnishing the club and the club needs to put a stop on it and have the jurnos seeking permission from the club to speak to players.

The way I see it is that why cant the player be man enough to go up to the coach or CEO or Board and tell them how they feel instead of going through the media and then the club finds out?

If I have an issue at work, I dont run to the media, I see my boss about it and how we can fix the issue.

The environment/trade I work in is a very high agenda on shows like ACA and Today Tonight but you dont see anyone from here running to the media.
so the board can just go to the media whenever they want but the players cant?

fish eel

Immortal

But this article with Mateo- how is that the clubs fault?

A good media policy starts at the top of an organisation and will only work if everyone backs it

Bit unfair IMO to blame the media manager. We had a good one and punted him.

ElectricEel

Juniors
So after rumours of a rift between Mateo and DA, now Mateo comes out in support of DA and says the issue is at board level. If his comments are anything to go by then I bet a lot of other current players feel the same. You can't have a club where there is a strained relationship between officials and players. You do not have to do too much, but leaking of private player meetings should be the most simple thing the board should prevent.

I can tell you a lot of other players feel exactly the same!

Jodeci

Bench

A good media policy starts at the top of an organisation and will only work if everyone backs it

Bit unfair IMO to blame the media manager. We had a good one and punted him.

I didn't exactly say "that she is to blame for everything".

I simply stated that she needs to start controlling all the media statements and articles surrounding our club

Uncle Leo

Juniors

Bit unfair IMO to blame the media manager. We had a good one and punted him.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and now he appears to be doing a great job for the Bulldogs......:D

Jodeci

Bench

Bit unfair IMO to blame the media manager. We had a good one and punted him.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and now he appears to be doing a great job for the Bulldogs......:D

From all reports he is going a great job and he had pretty big shoes to fill.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

It's a complete breakdown in trust, once that happens sh*t happens.
The front office have a lot to answer for this complete breakdown.
Players have lost respect for the board and in standing up for their team-mates want to give it back in bucket loads.
Frustration does this to the best of us.

Latest posts