What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors 'get the message'

Akkerz

Juniors
The penny dropped that they have no idea of what Blueless is on about. I'm confused as to what he thinks he's telling them. Still seems to be all about the attack, with a bit of a mention on defence. The guy is a liability

Bring out a good one on Sunday boys & give yourselves a chance

JoeD

First Grade
The penny dropped that they have no idea of what Blueless is on about
This. Boys are more confused than ever, not because they don't understand what he's saying but because they don't agree with it. Apparently Bluey doesn't believe that defense wins games in the NRL, doesn't want them to play like last year, ie. 5 hit ups and a kick (even though that style regularly got them into the 8 and last year the GF) and wants the boys to play more attacking footy.

IMO it is alright to for a coach to have a radical or different style of play than others. It would be boring if everyone played exactly the same BUT he has to be good enought to get the players on board with that radical plan, especially the senior players obviously, and he hasn't been able to do that.

WarriorDefence

Juniors
The penny dropped that they have no idea of what Blueless is on about. I'm confused as to what he thinks he's telling them. Still seems to be all about the attack, with a bit of a mention on defence. The guy is a liability

Bring out a good one on Sunday boys & give yourselves a chance

Haha blueless- that's a beaut

Rich102

Staff member
This. Boys are more confused than ever, not because they don't understand what he's saying but because they don't agree with it. Apparently Bluey doesn't believe that defense wins games in the NRL, doesn't want them to play like last year, ie. 5 hit ups and a kick (even though that style regularly got them into the 8 and last year the GF) and wants the boys to play more attacking footy.

IMO it is alright to for a coach to have a radical or different style of play than others. It would be boring if everyone played exactly the same BUT he has to be good enought to get the players on board with that radical plan, especially the senior players obviously, and he hasn't been able to do that.

I find this seriously concerning.

Warmess

Juniors

Funny that his stance on what wins in the NRL flies in the face of a lot of the best coaches.

If this truly is what he believes, I hope he gets on the smelling salts in the off season and complete reassess his game plan, or he might not see out next season.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Playing attacking football is good, but you still need to have the defence to back it up.

The big problem in our last couple of losses have been the players going into their shells and trying to protect a lead rather than build on it. From that POV I can see where Bluey is coming from, but defence doesn't win games? Yeah don't agree with that one. Defence is what puts you in a position to play attacking football.

Aragorn

First Grade
Playing attacking football is good, but you still need to have the defence to back it up.

The big problem in our last couple of losses have been the players going into their shells and trying to protect a lead rather than build on it. From that POV I can see where Bluey is coming from, but defence doesn't win games? Yeah don't agree with that one. Defence is what puts you in a position to play attacking football.

I dont think you guys are getting Bluey's message.

He's saying the best way to defend, is to attack!

It should make for a high scoring game tomorrow - or one completely riddled with errors... :shock:

Aragorn

First Grade
Now if the oppositions defense is water tight, and your best line of defense is to attack, then basically you're farked.

1MTDaz

Juniors
Tbh I knew this season was lost and Bluey was going to be a failure the moment I heard that Owen Glenn had asked Bluey if he could have any player in the Nrl come play for the Warriors who would it be? and Bluey said "No one, im happy with the squad I got". WTF.

Last edited:

jamaman

Juniors
tbh i knew this season was lost and bluey was going to be a failure the moment i heard that owen glenn had asked bluey if he could have any player in the nrl come play for the warriors who would it be? And bluey said "no one, im happy with the squad i got". Wtf.

gf 2013

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I dont think you guys are getting Bluey's message.

He's saying the best way to defend, is to attack!

It should make for a high scoring game tomorrow - or one completely riddled with errors... :shock:

I don't think anybody is missing that message, but league is a game where momentum is everything (more so in the NRL than ESL). Sometimes you can go without the ball for a long time and defence is something you need to be able to fall back on.

I've defended Bluey a fair bit recently. Not because I've been impressed by him, but because I don't think he deserves some of the outright hostility towards him. Having said that, the article where Bennett said our problem was inexperience and then Bluey rejected the notion did make me roll my eyes a bit.

I am hoping that a lot of Bluey's media talk is his way of shielding the players from certain criticism. Otherwise, damn, he'd be better off not saying anything sometimes.

Micistm

Bench
Well, we'll find out today how well this message 'suddenly' sunk in.

He probably said something to the boys like, "Guys, would you like a dog for a team mascot?"....'Then added, "Well you can't ****ing have one, you can't hang onto a lead to save your lives!"

Rich102

Staff member

He probably said something to the boys like, "Guys, would you like a dog for a team mascot?"....'Then added, "Well you can't ****ing have one, you can't hang onto a lead to save your lives!"

:lol:

NZ Warrior

First Grade

:lol: Gold!

Did some dickhead, who knew you were a Warriors' fan, come up to you and say that, as a joke? "Hey Mickey, why aren't the Warriors allowed a dog???"

Micistm

Bench
:lol: Gold!

Did some dickhead, who knew you were a Warriors' fan, come up to you and say that, as a joke? "Hey Mickey, why aren't the Warriors allowed a dog???"

Someone sent it to me last week as a text joke, thought it wasn't too bad. I got the text, 'Why aren't there any dogs at the warriors?' My original text back was 'I dunno, but they could do with some mongrel in em atm'
I suppose I could've thought of Inu and said, 'we should do, there's Warriors at the dogs...'

spear tackle

Juniors
True, proof that the article at the beginning of this thread was all hot air.
I'm glad I'm not drinking at the moment the TV might have been in for some undeserved violence

woodyk2

First Grade
True, proof that the article at the beginning of this thread was all hot air.
I'm glad I'm not drinking at the moment the TV might have been in for some undeserved violence
Mate...looks like the bottles floating back out to sea!

Carneys first try a bit of luck, the rest based on our inept right side defence! Could of thrown a blanket over 3 inside Tupou for Best fend on Carlos!