What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors - most frustrating team of all time?

loveleague

Juniors
The "Beast" is as mythical as the Minatour! I cannot believe there is so much hype attached to such a poor player. Is there a worse winger in the NRL?

I agree - they would be a much better team without his continuous high error rate, not to mention his poor positional play and inability to tackle.
The "Beast" would be dropped from most top nrl teams with his inability to do even the basics. He lost us this game today and there will be more losses during the season that will fall fairly and squarely at his feet.
The cheerleading for this guy makes me sick - he is an average footballer with a cult status and not much more. The warriors are my team, but enough is enough - drop this sideshow!

Punk in Drublic

Juniors
The Cronulla Sharks are doing a pretty good job of it right now. Error after error, they keep shooting themselves in the foot. So frustrating.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Manu had a bad game today, but he's not the sole reason we lost.

Locke had an ordinary game that led to tries, we had a second rower playing centre and Maloney's customary dumbass penalty led to the opening try. Friend was a little rusty and should've put Taylor over when it was 0-0 and then Taylor himself produced a shocking play, leading to Manly's last try instead of us having a fresh set of 6 against a 12 man defensive line 40m out.

I'll repeat, Manu was bad, but put the pitchforks and firelit torches away for at least a couple of weeks.

mongoose

Coach
The Warriors should be a powerhouse club, up there with Brisbane and Melbourne but they are too inconsistent and ill disciplined and have been like this ever since they joined the comp. They didnt deserve to be in the grand final last year after losing by 40 to the Broncos in week 1. Hopefully the new finals system will eliminate that crap from happening again. If they got someone like Bennet/Bellamy/Hasler to run the club they could be something truly amazing.

Iafeta

Referee
Manu had a shocker, but he usually makes a ton of metres and he can score tries others simply can't. Kevin Locke had as bad a game as Manu, but usually he's a top player for the Warriors

I'm not overly concerned TBH. With the first 20 minutes Manly had, most teams would have been blown off the park and had no chance of coming back. To be within 6 of them at the end with what was an error riddled display shows a lot of promise.

Talk RE: the coach and woulda coulda shouldas on how good they'd be enter Bennett, Hasler et al, McClennan won the Tri Nations with the Kiwis and won three titles in a row in the ESL. He'll be fine. Aside from the hands I thought the structure was a lot better. Under Cleary they'd have gone down 30-12 with a couple of late consolation tries after trying to bash and barge their way back into for 60 minutes.

Skreepe

Juniors
I agree - they would be a much better team without his continuous high error rate, not to mention his poor positional play and inability to tackle.
The "Beast" would be dropped from most top nrl teams with his inability to do even the basics. He lost us this game today and there will be more losses during the season that will fall fairly and squarely at his feet.
The cheerleading for this guy makes me sick - he is an average footballer with a cult status and not much more. The warriors are my team, but enough is enough - drop this sideshow!

Wrong.

Without Manu their win rate is 47%.

With Manu in the squad, it is 53%.

Believe it or not, there are more factors to a football game than a single players bad game.

Locke let two in today, maybe they should sack him ?

loveleague

Juniors
:sarcasm:
Manu had a bad game today, but he's not the sole reason we lost.

Locke had an ordinary game that led to tries, we had a second rower playing centre and Maloney's customary dumbass penalty led to the opening try. Friend was a little rusty and should've put Taylor over when it was 0-0 and then Taylor himself produced a shocking play, leading to Manly's last try instead of us having a fresh set of 6 against a 12 man defensive line 40m out.

I'll repeat, Manu was bad, but put the pitchforks and firelit torches away for at least a couple of weeks.

:sarcasm:Sorry - I have endured years of his ineptness and I am only saying what many people think. I have said for years he is a liability - and by that I mean that he gives away more points than he creates - the poor man :roll:looks confused and disorientated - you've only got to listen to Guild and his cronies, they are laughing at him. Wasn't it Gould who said he needs a labotomy. I don't accept mediocrity and this guy is the weak link in this team - his job is to finish, but he is so positionally inept on both attack and defense - the warriors are my team, but I am sick and tired of the manu cheerleaders - call a spade a spade

shiznit

Coach
The Warriors should be a powerhouse club, up there with Brisbane and Melbourne but they are too inconsistent and ill disciplined and have been like this ever since they joined the comp.

what a load of bollocks...

Melbourne?? the team that were running 2 sets of books??

You cant compare the Warriors to any other side int he NRL... the amount of travel they do week in week out... go and have a chat with Steve Price or Brent Tate... they will tell you how tough it is compared to playing in an Australian based club.

They didnt deserve to be in the grand final last year after losing by 40 to the Broncos in week 1. Hopefully the new finals system will eliminate that crap from happening again.

as for last season... you finish where you deserve... how the f**k do you know the Warriors wouldn't have made the GF if they used the current system last season??

they would have played the Cowboys at home in Auckland... and then probably the Tigers in Sydney and Melbourne in Melbourne...

Iafeta

Referee
what a load of bollocks...

Melbourne?? the team that were running 2 sets of books??

You cant compare the Warriors to any other side int he NRL... the amount of travel they do week in week out... go and have a chat with Steve Price or Brent Tate... they will tell you how tough it is compared to playing in an Australian based club.

as for last season... you finish where you deserve... how the f**k do you know the Warriors wouldn't have made the GF if they used the current system last season??

they would have played the Cowboys at home in Auckland... and then probably the Tigers in Sydney and Melbourne in Melbourne...

To be fair to mongoose, he's hardly the sharpest tool in the shed.

hitman82

Bench
I was frustrated, but not overly depressed with our performance today. We have the talent to be anything. Hurrell and Lousi were awesome; Johnson is a freak. Iron out a few errors and we coast in.

f**k knows what was with our edge defense to start the game though! Glad we fixed it. Perhaps it was Ropati lacking movement, as he came off injured early.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
:sarcasm:

:sarcasm:Sorry - I have endured years of his ineptness and I am only saying what many people think. I have said for years he is a liability - and by that I mean that he gives away more points than he creates - the poor man :roll:looks confused and disorientated - you've only got to listen to Guild and his cronies, they are laughing at him. Wasn't it Gould who said he needs a labotomy. I don't accept mediocrity and this guy is the weak link in this team - his job is to finish, but he is so positionally inept on both attack and defense - the warriors are my team, but I am sick and tired of the manu cheerleaders - call a spade a spade

That's your opinion and your entitled to it. I believe he has a downside for sure, but also believe he provides enough value in other areas on a week to week basis. Obviously he had a shocker (albeit exaggerated by some around here) this week, but he'll rebound.

Doesn't help that we're not flushed with wingers either. Tupou was hardly sighted, and with Inu sure to be in the centres next week that leaves little in the wa of wingers.

loveleague

Juniors
Wrong.

Without Manu their win rate is 47%.

With Manu in the squad, it is 53%.

Believe it or not, there are more factors to a football game than a single players bad game.

Locke let two in today, maybe they should sack him ?

Those stats mean absolutely nothing to me mate. When a player makes as many errors as he does - which leads to subsequent tries - there is a problem. Every error creates more defense and the flow on effect puts pressure on the interchange and so on. Locke uncharacteristically dropped one ball and then got bundled out because manu was again confused and didn't position himself for the cutback inside. I know I am waxing lyrical - but first game of the season and it's a case of "here we go again" - all aboard the Manu sideshow.

Iafeta

Referee
lol - what a lot of rot. Locke got bundled out because Locke decided to run an aggressive line way too close to the sideline. It was a very poor read by him, and its all on him. If

Latest posts