What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors - most frustrating team of all time?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Locke got bundled out because of his inexperience. As Iafeta said, he was running an aggressive line close to the sideline because he was immediately trying to make up for the dropped bomb minute earlier.

firechild

First Grade
Despite poor handling by the Warriors, it was a pretty good game for round 1. Both teams played expansive footy and seemed to believe they could score from every set. Much higher quality game than those on Thursday and Friday nights. These errors will improve over the next few weeks and both sides will be playing footy deep into September.

I love watching Manu play but I wouldn't want to have him at my club.

Rebel

First Grade
Quite a frustrating game from the warriors today, but they were raped by the refs.

When their props come back, they will be fine.

No you couldn't.

Roosters v

Panthers, 2010
Souffs, 2009 twice
Bulldogs, 2010
Bulldogs, 2009
Bulldogs, 2007
Newcastle, 2009
Manly, 2009 twice
Melbourne, 2008
Melbourne, 2009
Brisbane, 2011
Manly, 2008
Manly, 2007
Panthers, 2009
Parramatta, 2007
Dragons, 2005? Down at WIN
Dragons, 2009
Cowboys, 2007

I've lost count. All disgraceful and inept performances that should have resulted in refunds.

hitman82

Bench
Quite a frustrating game from the warriors today, but they were raped by the refs.

When their props come back, they will be fine.

I don't think any of our props made over 60 metres today...

Hurrell and Mannering were the only Warriors to crack 100m actually.

Lack of first half possession wouldn't have helped this.

We did pretty f**kin well not to implode after being 16-nil down.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Warriors are a joke, a bad joke at that but are enjoyable to watch for comedic value. Doesn't help their coach is a big dope who wouldn't be out of place working on the local factory lines in Penrose

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
A joke? It was certainly funny watching the warriors bundle out Melbourne in last years finals. :lol:

mongoose

Coach
what a load of bollocks...

Melbourne?? the team that were running 2 sets of books??

You cant compare the Warriors to any other side int he NRL... the amount of travel they do week in week out... go and have a chat with Steve Price or Brent Tate... they will tell you how tough it is compared to playing in an Australian based club.

as for last season... you finish where you deserve... how the f**k do you know the Warriors wouldn't have made the GF if they used the current system last season??

they would have played the Cowboys at home in Auckland... and then probably the Tigers in Sydney and Melbourne in Melbourne...

Using travel as an excuse? im pretty sure Townsville is around the same distance from Sydney as Auckland is dingbat and Perth will be much further away.

I didnt say they wouldnt have made the GF under the new finals system I'm saying that any finals system that allows a team to get beat by 40 in the first week and still make the GF is flawed. And if you lost to the cowboys by 40 you would have been eliminated under the new system.

Iafeta

Referee
Using travel as an excuse? im pretty sure Townsville is around the same distance from Sydney as Auckland is dingbat and Perth will be much further away.

I didnt say they wouldnt have made the GF under the new finals system I'm saying that any finals system that allows a team to get beat by 40 in the first week and still make the GF is flawed. And if you lost to the cowboys by 40 you would have been eliminated under the new system.

You are aware that the Warriors have appeared in 4 of the last 5 finals series, the Cowboys I believe are 2 from the last 5. I dare say the Cowboys have had travel issues.

Its interesting reading the thread and seeing the occasional (not as regular as previously) misperception that they're inconsistent. A lot of clubs would be quite happy getting to the finals 4 out of 5 years.

Didgi

You are aware that the Warriors have appeared in 4 of the last 5 finals series, the Cowboys I believe are 2 from the last 5. I dare say the Cowboys have had travel issues.

Cowboys have had 'playing like muppets' issues.

But yes, we find it hard to win in Sydney, travel has to be a part of that.

Big Pete

Referee
Roosters v

Panthers, 2010
Souffs, 2009 twice
Bulldogs, 2010
Bulldogs, 2009
Bulldogs, 2007
Newcastle, 2009
Manly, 2009 twice
Melbourne, 2008
Melbourne, 2009
Brisbane, 2011
Manly, 2008
Manly, 2007
Panthers, 2009
Parramatta, 2007
Dragons, 2005? Down at WIN
Dragons, 2009
Cowboys, 2007

I've lost count. All disgraceful and inept performances that should have resulted in refunds.

None of them were as bad as the Cows performance.

Most of the ones you've listed were against good teams, Cows played the worst game against a shit side and were thoroughly beaten.

Enough said.

God-King Dean

Immortal
The reason I choose Warriors is because, as someone said, they should be a powerhouse side who should be contending for the Minor Premiership. Instead they'll finish around 5th/6th as usual.

Red Bear

Referee
Meh, I think they'll win the comp this year. They're missing half their forward pack and it's round one, there's a fair amount of improvement there.

Not to mention Johnson is a very impressive halfback. Not just for the flashy stuff, his short kicking game is quality as is his passing game.

They area (beyond ill discipline obviously) that was noticeably in need of a tune up was long kicking, too many straight down fullback/wingers throat. Maloney needs to help out Johnson there.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
The reason I choose Warriors is because, as someone said, they should be a powerhouse side who should be contending for the Minor Premiership. Instead they'll finish around 5th/6th as usual.

:lol: I think you are basing a little bit too much on a first game against a pretty good side. Sure wasn't a great performance but the fact that as a Warriors fan I'm not concerned about that loss at all says something. W should steamroll a lot of sides this season and make the top 4(barring more injuries)

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Meh, I think they'll win the comp this year. They're missing half their forward pack and it's round one, there's a fair amount of improvement there.

Not to mention Johnson is a very impressive halfback. Not just for the flashy stuff, his short kicking game is quality as is his passing game.

They area (beyond ill discipline obviously) that was noticeably in need of a tune up was long kicking, too many straight down fullback/wingers throat. Maloney needs to help out Johnson there.

That is a comp wide problem and i have noticed it in all of the games i have watched in this round. Mullen especially was terrible in his 5th tackle kicking.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
What we saw today was a sharp difference in the mental capacities of two clubs, both fairly equally talented.

Manly are the superior club in this competition because they have the mental fortitude to see off the challenge from a team like the Warriors, whose attack comes in heaving waves of aggression. This means that with patience, they eventually see their opposition making errors like Locke and Manu did, and then capitalise.

I didn't get the Warriors hype prior to this season, much for the same reasons my own club has troubles. That is the mental side. Until these two clubs can waltz into Sydney and sitting teams on their arse at their home patch then they will not win premierships. I just don't see clubs like Manly, St. George-Illawarra, Canterbury et al warming up in their dressing sheds before home games believing they will be beaten by these clubs.

Melbourne and Brisbane have that culture, but the Warriors and North Queensland do not at this present time.