What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors press conference today 24/11

LeagueNut

First Grade
why the f**k upgrade Mt Smart when they just pumped millions upon millions into Eden Park.
Why does that matter? Why can't both stadiums keep going like they have done for years?

Another question- who actually "owns" Eden Park?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
thats what i read into it...

and thats what pisses me off about it... why the f**k upgrade Mt Smart when they just pumped millions upon millions into Eden Park.

because cities need different sized venues. look how sh*thouse most rugby league events at the olympic stadium look when they could easily be held at a smaller venue with a better atmosphere. why do you think melbourne just opened up a mid-sized rectangular venue when they've already got a bunch of enormous stadiums?

who the f**k would want to go and watch the warriors when they pull an 8,000 crowd at eden park and feel like jellybeans rattling around in a tin?

ozbash

Referee
because a bunch of Leagues are still hanging onto that chip on there shoulder because there Grandad was forced to play Union in school.... :roll:

yes.

I know guys who flatly refuse to go to Mt Smart because they closed Carlaw..

Its called passion or loyalty..

nibbs

Bench
yes.

I know guys who flatly refuse to go to Mt Smart because they closed Carlaw..

Its called passion or loyalty..

Well they're being a bit precious if you ask me

I guess from the Warriors point of view it's called balancing the books, breaking even, making enough money to pay the bills so we don't end up like the Sharks (god forbid). This is a business. If they're able to get 30,000 to a one off game at Eden Park, then why wouldn't they do it? It's not about keeping overly sensitive middle aged men happy.