What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors Salary Cap

doggzfan4lyf

Juniors
Sorry if this has already been mentioned and answered before, it just hit me, Is the Warriors salary cap $4.3mil Aus or NZ dollars?
If it is in Aussie Dollars then they get $5.5mil NZ to spend? and if it is in NZ dollars they would get $3.3mil Aus to spend. How does it work?
This is a stupid question but no harm in asking

Cheers

hitman82

Bench
:lol:
NZ Pesos!!!!

We have the same salary cap (AUD) as all the other teams.

Not sure what the cost of living is here compared to Australia, but I doubt the is much advantage if any.

One area we do have an advantage is in retaining Kiwis / Islanders as they tend to love Auckland, and with decent salaries for your average NRL player, there's no real reason to leave.

IanG

Coach
NZ Pesos!!!!

Not sure what the cost of living is here compared to Australia, but I doubt the is much advantage if any.

One area we do have an advantage is in retaining Kiwis / Islanders as they tend to love Auckland, and with decent salaries for your average NRL player, there's no real reason to leave.

I figured that for the purpose of Salary Cap figures it'd be done in Australian Dollars. But I thought they were paid in local currency.

I think in terms of cost of living it works out about the same. Don't blame them for wanting to stay in Auckland. It's a nice city

hitman82

Bench
I figured that for the purpose of Salary Cap figures it'd be done in Australian Dollars. But I thought they were paid in local currency.

I think in terms of cost of living it works out about the same. Don't blame them for wanting to stay in Auckland. It's a nice city

Oh if we are talking currency, then of course they get paid in NZD. But as far as this thread goes, it ends up being the same amount as all the other clubs.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The AUD is about 1.30 NZD at present.

Thats a nice differential. 250k becomes 325k. I seriously doubt the cost of living in NZ is 30% higher than living in Sydney. This joint is the dearest place I've ever been to.

rygrco

Juniors
The AUD is about 1.30 NZD at present.

Thats a nice differential. 250k becomes 325k. I seriously doubt the cost of living in NZ is 30% higher than living in Sydney. This joint is the dearest place I've ever been to.
Auckland is by far the most expensive place to live in NZ, but it's got nothing on Sydney.

rygrco

Juniors
I've wondered how they actually work it out. Would the NRL give the Warriors a cap to work with once every financial year? More often? What happens if the exchange rate changes dramatically during this period? Would the there be some sort of back bearings to be taken? I'm sure there is a totally reasonable method that involves a lot of arcane accounting and the likes.

hitman82

Bench
They are paid in kiwi fruits.

They're actually Chinese.

imagine if there was a team based in PNG. A salary of 200k would have you living like a king.

...I am 100% sure the NRL doesn't take inflation, cost of living, etc differences into account. So yeah, you could potentially get a pretty sweet deal living here on an NRL contract.

Joker's Wild

Coach
NZ Pesos!!!!

Then how come you funny talking folk are heading over the ditch in record numbers taking all the scafolding and removalist jobs?

hitman82

Bench
Then how come you funny talking folk are heading over the ditch in record numbers taking all the scafolding and removalist jobs?

Well, those are mainly the losers who aren't educated enough to get decent jobs here. Or graduates who want to earn better coin to pay off their loans then move home; using Australia as a cash cow.
Personally, I'd never move to Australia. Beautiful country; way too many Australians.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Well, those are mainly the losers who aren't educated enough to get decent jobs here. Or graduates who want to earn better coin to pay off their loans then move home; using Australia as a cash cow.
Personally, I'd never move to Australia. Beautiful country; way too many Australians.

lol Dont ever move to London then bro

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

Wish there were more like you hitman. Thats a very good attitude and a pity its not more widely endorsed in Un Zud.

Nah. Un Zud is ok. I go there for work 4 or 5 times a year. Beautiful country. Just very, very, very backwards. Like Queensland, but not as many f**kwits.

Latest posts