What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors sign Dane Nielsen

vvvrulz

Coach
Huge, with Nielson on board and Hurrell and Benry performing well, that's our centres covered. I smell a mid season transfer with Inu (or maybe he'll run off to ESL) while Ropati is surplus to requirements.

Meanwhile though, what are we doing about Maloney leaving, putting it in the hands of Leuluai?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Huge, with Nielson on board and Hurrell and Benry performing well, that's our centres covered. I smell a mid season transfer with Inu (or maybe he'll run off to ESL) while Ropati is surplus to requirements.

Meanwhile though, what are we doing about Maloney leaving, putting it in the hands of Leuluai?

No way Inu goes to the UK. He's home sick (reportedly) enough as it is over here. Can you imagine how mud he'd be over there?

At the moment it looks like Leuluai at 6, unless Locke makes a very unexpected move in there.

hitman82

Bench
Well the only other place TL is going to play is hooker. And we have Friend for another 1-2 seasons. So TL will be our 6, and will do a fine job in my opinion.
He's a very solid player with good vision and outstanding defense. No longer will we be hiding a half on that flank.
Johnson showed is yesterday's game that he can step up and dominate the short and long kicking game, so we don't NEED a superstar 6. Just someone who can do a solid job and adequately support our 7.

vvvrulz

Coach
Does raise the question though, who takes over the goal kicking in the absence the average but serviceable boot of Maloney? I don't remember, did TL do any goal kicking?

vvvrulz

Coach
Johnson showed is yesterday's game that he can step up and dominate the short and long kicking game, so we don't NEED a superstar 6. Just someone who can do a solid job and adequately support our 7.

Maloney brings a lot of speed in his line breaks, seems to spot a gap and dart for it better than anyone else at the moment. I hope TL has the goods to make up for this.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Nice signing. Would've preferred O'Neil, that kids got some f**king wheels, but Neilsen is very solid, especially on defense.

blain

Juniors
I dont think Maloney has been doing too much for us this year. The games where Johnson has stepped up he's been a bit of a step back and watch role. He has a good boot on him though, TL has a decent long range kick from memory. I sure wont miss Maloneys defence! I think TL and SJ would be a nice fit. The solid and experienced head with the young and explosive.

vvvrulz

Coach
We could do with a Michael Witt or a Cleary, adequate footballers with a great boot who added a good 4-8 points every game compared to an average kicker.

Didgi

Over two seasons of NYC Johnson kicked 148/211, 70.1%
Over three seasons Locke kicked 121/170, 71.2%

Leuluai has never kicked.

With a decent kicking coach (is Johns still working with the Warriors halves?) low 70s can turn into a respectable average.

Warmess

Juniors
I believe we have Halligan as our kicking coach. Hopefully Johnson can develop his kicking a bit more and take over that role.

Highflyers

Juniors

With a decent kicking coach (is Johns still working with the Warriors halves?) low 70s can turn into a respectable average.

I agree... Also Johnson looks like a better kicking talent as he has a developed kicking game already (although its not goal kicking). I think he would be better then Locke....

Rich102

Staff member
I dont think Maloney has been doing too much for us this year. The games where Johnson has stepped up he's been a bit of a step back and watch role. He has a good boot on him though, TL has a decent long range kick from memory. I sure wont miss Maloneys defence! I think TL and SJ would be a nice fit. The solid and experienced head with the young and explosive.

21 tackles last game. I reckon he is under rated.

Rich102

Staff member
I favor Johnson as kicker - then he can rev the players up to score nearer the posts.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

I stand corrected. Where do these stats come from, incidentally? Can never find anything I want.

blain

Juniors
Maloney was the one who cost Jack Reeds (pretty sure it was Reeds?)try, came out of the line ten metres out on the right side, through the hole and try.

Latest posts