What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors to hit the road

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Yeah, for purely selfish I'm stoked at this announcement!

Would be great to see Warriors in Welly again, particular as this is where I first saw them live back in '02 against the Doggies!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I've got this overwhelming feeling to say the Warriors should stay in Auckland cos the rest of the country don't really support em....but I wont.

Hopefully they play the Raiders in Wellington again like 03!!!...Weyman's debut where he set up the winning try for the real Ruben Wiki....before he went to the Warriors to collect a paycheck.

Wow, really? This is about the harshest thing I've ever read on here.

Anyway, I'd love to see the Warriors down in Dunedin Stadium when the students are around. Give them a good price, fill the place up. And the rest of the country deserves to see them, too. I remember the Kevin Locke v goalposts match, a horrendous evening in Chch but according to a Herald article, 20k fans there. That alone earns another match down there, for mine. They'd fill the new Rugby League Park

MKEB...

Staff member
Wow, really? This is about the harshest thing I've ever read on here.

Anyway, I'd love to see the Warriors down in Dunedin Stadium when the students are around. Give them a good price, fill the place up. And the rest of the country deserves to see them, too. I remember the Kevin Locke v goalposts match, a horrendous evening in Chch but according to a Herald article, 20k fans there. That alone earns another match down there, for mine. They'd fill the new Rugby League Park

And make the booze cheap

vvvrulz

Coach
Anyway, I'd love to see the Warriors down in Dunedin Stadium when the students are around. Give them a good price, fill the place up. And the rest of the country deserves to see them, too.

I agree, and it will go a long way towards setting up a second NZ team if that's the direction NZRL is looking to go.

what ever

Juniors
Looking at the bigger picture i think this is a good thing, it's still a shame that we won't get our normal quota of Mt Smart games - but that's a completely selfish view.

I wonder if they'll come up with some "premium" membership package that would include cheap flights to NZ "home" games outside Auckland?

You do realise there a members that live 3 or more hours out of Auckland and go to all the games already and you are wondering about cheap flights!!! Because you have to leave Auckland!!! Sorry SAD.

ozbash

Referee
You do realise there a members that live 3 or more hours out of Auckland and go to all the games already and you are wondering about cheap flights!!! Because you have to leave Auckland!!! Sorry SAD.

Whats sad about it?

Air NZ is a sponsor, why not use them?

Jetstar are major sponsors of the Titans and many kiwis have taken advantage of cheap airfares to attend Warriors games in Surfers.

And yes mate, there are lots of fans who drive hour upon hour to attend Warriors games. Can think of a dozen off the top of my head and leaguenut knows the same people.

Your high horse needs some chaff..:roll: