What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors top 4 and potential Premiers

Scorpio30

Bench
Remember those feelings and sentiments at the beginning of the year....Why are we just a little bit sh*t?

Meth

Staff member
Stacey Jones is a big reason why we are so terrible

The difference between us and the Cowboys today was very obvious- Thurston >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jones

Rich102

Staff member
Bloody embarrasing!
They should line the team up on the sideline and rip Sonny Fai's signature off their jerseys.
Pathetic.

WarriorDog

Juniors
Stacey Jones - no direction from him...resorted to passing to a prop to do the kicking at the end of one set today...Stacey was THE man in his day...but sadly his best days have long gone..we are only seeing glimpses of it...time to step down and retire gracefully, Stace.

Nathan Fien - he is one of the main obstacles in the Warriors progressing beyond the mediocre..because he is Mr Mediocre himself...he wasted untold chances through his inept kicking...the Warriors need to cut him loose now.

Ropati - He is a nice guy and all and has some nice attacking skills , but he continues to be a liability on defence and he is so consistent at it that I'm scratching my head at why he is still playing first grade.

Once again, our halves are just rubbish...I dont know what the answer is and I'm sure the Warriors management are thinking the same.

Micistm

Bench
Lol, been thinking for a few weeks that we were just not there, despite all the hope from the season start-it's just all too predictable. They don't seem to try much other than the get to Manu and hope for the best. Things have to change.
IMO a bit harsh to put all the blame on Jones. While he had a forgettable game he's not alone there, and it's a team game.
It seems this slump after a few weeks, where they don't click for a few games is destined to be an annual event, this is the third year in a row where promised has just gone into this slump, and I get the feeling it will stay for a few games now before suddenly firing up again. If I could work out why it happens, I'd apply for the coaching job.

As for Thurston being better than Jones: Certainly no contest at the moment. But on current form it's fair to say he'd smoke most competition-Credit where it's due.

Scorpio30

Bench
Phil Gould today "There are teams that cant score unless they put the ball in the air"...Warriors Im looking in your direction.

I don't really think it's fair to blame Stacey. He isn't the old Stacey true, but it was a long shot to hope he'd come right back to what he was. I think he still justifies his place in the team, though that's got as much to do with our general lack of quality halves as anything else.

Our recruitment of halves in general could certainly use some work though, and the blame for that probably falls to Cleary. I still think Witt is a big loss as well (even if nobody else but Wittyfan seems to agree :p). He played well in some key games last year and with the form our halves have been in I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have gotten some game time by now if he hadn't been released.

Rich102

Staff member
Also he could kick goals! (And he would have scored the try Kemp did yesterday.)

Meth

Staff member
Nathan Fien - he is one of the main obstacles in the Warriors progressing beyond the mediocre..because he is Mr Mediocre himself...he wasted untold chances through his inept kicking...the Warriors need to cut him loose now.

I don't think so

Fien is starting to play some good football. His kicking game is not up there with Thurston, but a lot of his kicking yesterday was being forced to tidy up from Jones' indecisiveness

Rich102

Staff member
I agree, but I still think he is the best hooker we have. His dummy-half work is far more accurate than Hendo's.

WarriorDog

Juniors
I don't think so

Fien is starting to play some good football. His kicking game is not up there with Thurston, but a lot of his kicking yesterday was being forced to tidy up from Jones' indecisiveness

It would be an insult to Thurston to even mention his name in trying to compare Fien's kicks with other NRL players...in fact I wasnt referring to any "tidying up" that you claim he performed....but his grubber kicks into the ingoal area and out wide to Manu was absolute crap...as usual.

Meth

Staff member
Like I said, his kicking game is not the best. It's a shame he is a better option. Let's be honest, we were playing better football with Fien at halfback than we have been with Jones

Micistm

Bench
I don't really think it's fair to blame Stacey. He isn't the old Stacey true, but it was a long shot to hope he'd come right back to what he was. I think he still justifies his place in the team, though that's got as much to do with our general lack of quality halves as anything else.

Our recruitment of halves in general could certainly use some work though, and the blame for that probably falls to Cleary. I still think Witt is a big loss as well (even if nobody else but Wittyfan seems to agree :p). He played well in some key games last year and with the form our halves have been in I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have gotten some game time by now if he hadn't been released.

I agree- I reckon we should have kept the squad that turned it around at the end of last year (Minus Wiki of course), and it still baffles what Witt did that was so bad compared to our other halves-None were setting the world on fire. Unfortunately the Warriors do have that terrible habit of letting players go they should not have, and what's done is done.
I'll be interested to see where Cleary goes tomorrow when naming the team

Latest posts