What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors v Cowboys *live updates*

skeepe

Immortal
SHARK-SPURS said:
A sin bin at the most but a send off :shock:

You obviously don't know much about the sin bin rule. It is not available for foul play, such as O'Donnell's deliberate elbow to the head. The only options available to Badger were leave it at a penalty, put him on report or send him off. I'm confident that he took the right action.

Rovelli

Bench
IanRitchie said:
Possible, but a huge string of results would have to go their way.

Plus a win over the Storm in Melbourne.

We'll know if we're gone after today's games; infact Cleary was talking like the season was over, which it practically is.

We need favourable results today - Tigers over Raiders, Storm over Broncos, Dogs over Dragons - especially the Tigers one - but the Green Machine, IMO, will win.

If they don't, Eels, Broncos, Knights and Dragons sit on 26, Raiders on 24, Sharks, Panthers, Cowboys, Tigers on 22, Warriors and Chooks on 20.

That leaves five spots in the finals.

Eels and Dragons are too good to miss out right now, IMO, especially Parramatta.

Raiders and Knights have byes up their sleeve, so the Knights should be safe. A loss today, then the bye, would take the Raiders to 26 after next week.

Two spots left.

Broncos are very vulnerable and it is conceivable that they lose every game from here on in, and finish with 26, which means they should get leapfrogged.

The Tigers need to win today for this to happen; if they do, read on.

Round 24
  • So, say Penrith beat Cronulla next week, Sharks are virtually (David Morrow lol) gone.
  • The Cowboys are playing shi.t and should be taken out of the race by the Knights next week.
  • the Dragons should end the Tigers season next week at OKI.
  • Eels should beat the Roosters, ending their season next week.
  • Then the Warriors have to beat the Storm. Easier said than done, but this post is about the Warriors chances. So we win (can't see it happening), but we win.
So, Raiders 26, Broncos 26, Panthers 24, Warriors 22, two rounds left.

Round 25
  • Raiders host the Storm, they lose.
  • Knights host the Panthers, they win, the Chocolate Soldiers lose.
  • Eels host Broncos, and on current form, Broncos lose.
  • Warriors host Chooks, close one, let's say they win it.
So, Raiders 26, Broncos 26, Panthers 24, Warriors 24, last round.

Round 26, still two spots left
  • Panthers host the Dogs, can't see them winning, they're gone
  • Sharks host the Raiders, Green Machiine should win, nonetheless they'll probably still make it
  • Warriors play Brisbane in Brisbane, if they still have a chance, they'll go for it boots-and-all, they lift for these games, Broncos might be stuffed already. We win, not out of the question, at all.
So, Raiders 28, 7th, Warriors 26 (points diff.), 8th, Broncos 26, 9th, and if the Raiders lose to the Sharks, Warriors finish seventh!

NOTE: THIS IS A PIPEDREAM. I AM A PATRIOTIC WARRIORS FAN, BUT I CAN'T SEE IT HAPPENING. A RAIDERS/BRONCOS WIN TODAY WILL RENDER THIS POST USELESS.

jet23

Juniors
you ought to be applauded on your last post, rovelli. that was very well done. like you, i'm a warriors fan who's keeping the faith. i don't see them making the eight either but as long as there's a mathematical chance i'm holding out (false) hope.

Iafeta

Referee
Irrespective of where they finish, to hold the motivation and all that together, I think Steve Price and Ivan Cleary need a big wrap. It could have got real ugly. But regardless of that, they've competed in every game bar 2.

They've improved a lot in little areas over this season, Cleary and Ackland look to be doing a very good job. Next week's a tough tough game though, one we traditionally struggle in.

Blaze

Juniors
In saying that Iafeta, we have stuggled against the Cowboys and Panthers in recent years, and we got that monkey off our backs.

Obviously we won't make the top 8, even if we beat Melbourne and give ourselves a chance, we will probably drop the Roosters game.

I was highly critical of the side after the Penrith game but to their credit they have come back home and performed very well.

Rovelli

Bench
The Penrith game, where we kinda gave up, and the Sharks game away, where we played poorly on D were the only games I was disappointed about.

Apart from that, they've got on with the job after starting four points behind.

t-ba

Post Whore
Iafeta said:
Irrespective of where they finish, to hold the motivation and all that together, I think Steve Price and Ivan Cleary need a big wrap. It could have got real ugly. But regardless of that, they've competed in every game bar 2.

They've improved a lot in little areas over this season, Cleary and Ackland look to be doing a very good job. Next week's a tough tough game though, one we traditionally struggle in.

Hopefully the improvement can carry on into the next season.

LESStar58

Referee
skeepe said:
You obviously don't know much about the sin bin rule. It is not available for foul play, such as O'Donnell's deliberate elbow to the head. The only options available to Badger were leave it at a penalty, put him on report or send him off. I'm confident that he took the right action.

Agreed.

the tackle, which I just saw, was bad but only would have warranted a penalty and placed on report... the elbow is what got him sent. I reckon he'll be out for the year plus the finals if the Cowboys make it...

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Just saw O'Donnell's elbow/forearm again on the news, it was definitely a good call by Badger to send him off imo.

You can always debate the merits of one high tackle vs another, but this fell into a different category. Maybe it wasn't the most brutal thing ever seen on a rugby league field, but it was a pretty fkn bad deliberate, planned blow to the head. O'Donnell had to run 2 or 3 strides with his arm cocked to deliver the blow so there's no question of intent or anything like that. A totally deliberate, unprovoked attack to the head is a send-off, it's simple imo.

Latest posts