What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was Rugby League a success, did Sidhe and Tru Blu?

lionmaul

Juniors
Did Sidhe and Tru Blu get the numbers they were aiming for in number of sales? Was there less, more, or about the number of sales they were looking for? On a scale one to ten how well would Sidhe rate there level of game play achievments?

From the game play view, they were able to pull of a great and inovative game play engine in which I think is one of the best in any sports game, particularly for a first time effort. In my opinion, with a couple of tweaks here and there to the game play and with the addition of jumps and dives, I would put this game up there in game play with such games as in the Pro Evolution Soccer series.

Cheers and Salu

Crippler

Juniors
lionmaul said:
In my opinion, with a couple of tweaks here and there to the game play and with the addition of jumps and dives, I would put this game up there in game play with such games as in the Pro Evolution Soccer series.

Cheers and Salu

you gotta be joking dont you?

needs alot more that tweaks to get it anywhere near Pro evo soccer quality.

If there is one game Sidhe should concentrate the engine on is ESPN NFL 2004. Quite outstanding that game.

[furrycat]

Coach
What's the point of using the same engine as another game? Despite the fact that buying another engine is about 93482093409832094832094 with GST...

Crippler

Juniors
lets see how world champ rugby goes as it would be the closest possible game sidhe can compare and try to better at.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Rugby League was ok but i gotta admit i was expecting better but still it's a good game for a small company.

[furrycat]

Coach
Crippler said:
lets see how world champ rugby goes as it would be the closest possible game sidhe can compare and try to better at.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch...

[furrycat]

Coach
Well don't be surprised if you over-hype that game too just because the same makers af JLR are making it. Not all of Speilburg's movies were excellent... Everyone thought Rugby League was going to be 100% top notch no probs because of the videos that don't show bugs... who says the same doesn't happen for WCR? ... I rest my case.

Guys, both games do a good job of adapting a sport which is a nightmare to get right in a videogame. Each has their strengths and weaknesses and BOTH piss all over EA's offerings. for which we should be gratefull. In the UK Amazon are offering a double pack of WCR and Stacey Jones...a pretty good deal for rugby fans of either code.

CJG 182

Juniors
KimmorleyKiller said:
remember the days when EA made good games..........that brings back memories :D

I remember those days.....way back when i was a young lad :lol: !!

Munky

Coach
KimmorleyKiller said:
remember the days when EA made good games..........that brings back memories :D

...and when they would release a game when it is finished rather than it being Christmas...

lionmaul

Juniors
Crippler said:
actually ESPN NFL 2004 (Sega Sports) and Pro evolution soccer (Konami) are better :)

I do agree with this from technical side. What I meant before is that Rugby league is on the right path. I have had just as much fun playing rugby league. And in the end fun is what matters. For sure Espn Nfl 2004 is a better game and so is Pro evo 3. Those are my two favorite sports game with Rugby league right behind them. I am just saying for a first time effort and a limited budget and resources, they did a magnificent job and the best part about it is they came up with a true original winner in a system for the game using the aggression and aggressive system. " The next version if there is one will kick major Arse" you wait and see if it doesn't I will be the first to come on here and admit I was wrong.

PS. MARIO, please don't allow me to come on here and admit I am wrong. :)

Cheers and Salu

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
i agree with u m8 with wat sidhe have achived with what they have is amazing if u look at rugby 2004 (which i dont think even had a budget) i would like 2 see sidhe start thinking of making other sport games other than RL

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I'm over the League game at the moment anyway, i'm playing Cricket 2002 heaps.

I just want a new League game out, well i accidentally broke my PS2 copy of League so i might purchase a PC copy so i can get Unleashed.