What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching NRL in the US

ktcoop

Juniors
I will be in Las Vegas when State of Origin 1 is played in Sydney on 24 May .... does anyone know of somewhere that might show this game.
I'm staying at New York New York in Vegas .... any help would be appreciated!
GO THE BLUES

ali

Bench
Fox Sports World has dropped all sport other than soccer, so I'm not sure what your chances are. I believe ESPN has picked up some union so it's a maybe, but hopefully a yank will fill you in. Oh well could be worse, you are in Las Vegas.

goeagles

Juniors
I think Setanta might have picked some league up, but I think that they only have Superleague, not any of the Australian stuff. I, too, like watching Origin, even if it is usually on at about 3 AM here on the West Coast. Your best bet might be to avoid the result (easy as long as you don't go on the internet) and then download it on aussietorrents.com.

Play some footy

Juniors
Setanta sports will have it one at 7:30am Vegad time on Tuesday. Setatna is a package for direct t.v customers. You'll need to find a pub that has direct tv and then has bought the Setanta package.

Setanta shows ESL, RU, Aussie Rules, and Euro Soccer.

tcc_dc

Juniors
play some footy,

Where did you see that Setanta was showing the SOO? I have not seen it on their schedule.

thanks.

tcc

goeagles

Juniors
Supposedly Setanta will be having the Tri Nations on at the end of the year. They didn't say anything about NRL or SOO though.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
The times quoted are all wrong.

SOO kickoff is at 8 pm Wednesday Sydney time. That is Wednesday 6 am US East Coast time, 5 am Chicago, 4 am Denver, 3 am LA/San Francsisco.

Setanta costs a fortune. It is a service only for pubs.

What a pity Lachlan Murdoch has left News Ltd and the USA. He arranged all the SOO and the Grand Final telecasts live on Fox Sports Channel, as it was called then.

Skeletor

Juniors
Man, this makes me sad. I was here last year and at least got one game a week, now I come back and don't even get that. The thing is, if it was promoted right, I think league could be huge in the US. Just like tim tams, a product I think Americans would love, but get no access to.

goeagles

Juniors
What a pity Lachlan Murdoch has left News Ltd and the USA. He arranged all the SOO and the Grand Final telecasts live on Fox Sports Channel, as it was called then

It was called Fox Sports World and rebranded as Fox Soccer Channel. It really is too bad for all forms of rugby because FSW reached far more people than Setanta.

Latest posts