What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

watmough ripped

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Is this thread about how all Manly players fail at Origin level?

Jamie Lyon
Jason King
Brent Kite
Anthony Watmough
Daly Cherry Plod
Wolfplod
Glenn Stewart
Josh Perry
John Hopoate

lol Manwhee

Premeirships for all of them dickhead :lol::lol:

Your sorry rabble would give it all for a whiff of our success.

Enjoy your backslaps at scraping into an 8 :D

Fazz_138

Juniors
Lets not leave out NZ if we're talking Manly rep plodders.

Steve Matai: Gets himself sent off and NZ get belted.

Pita Hiku: Put in maybe the worst fullback performance for NZ in some time this year.

Foran was plodding pretty hard with the Kiwis for a while too. Seems to be on the right track though. Specifically in that one game he got to captain.

Geez. I actually LIKE Manly, but they really do shit the bed in the rep arena.

POPEYE

Coach
Seems Choc is not as important as Reynolds, dumping a bloke on his head has more than degrees of responsibility, it has a degree of worthiness. Then again, maybe Watmough wanted a more glamorous reason to be dropped in case NSW lost

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Lol just saw toovey on fox sports news getting up the nswrl for being able to leave the pub to support watmough. Great for a quote

Dutchy

Immortal
You want to talk about Plod?

Beau Scott had more than double the game time of Watmough.

Scott, 6 runs for 38m. 27 tackles 1 missed.
Choc, 4 runs for 39m. 21 tackles 1 missed.

betcats

Referee
Reynolds was MUCH worse, gosh knows how Whatmough gets 4.

Hand between the legs, players lands on his head and there is a bit of driving motion, atleast he doesnt really pull out or drop off.

Reynolds looked more spectacular but it was not as dangerous as chocs.

Edit: I do think Reynolds was worth a couple weeks though.

Last edited:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Hand between the legs, players lands on his head and there is a bit of driving motion, atleast he doesnt really pull out or drop off.

Reynolds looked more spectacular but it was not as dangerous as chocs.

Edit: I do think Reynolds was worth a couple weeks though.

Exactly. Reynolds was in no way worse than Watmough's. It may have looked more spectacular but if you look at both of them and think Reynold's is worse then you have no idea.

Hands between the legs and a bit of driving. Was a stupid tackle and got what it deserved.

some11

Referee
To answer what I think the OP was trying to get at, yes its a load of crap that Watmough gets pinged when Reynolds got off.

Watmoughs was nowhere near as bad and should be playing this weekend.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Watmough is up there with Benji Marshall as the sideways running champion of the world

Go back and look at footage of Watmough in Origin. In particular game 3 in 2009 where he made over 200 metres and tackled his arse off in what has been accepted as one of the best forward performances in Origin history. He won man of the match. Yep - what a passenger :sarcasm:

For anyone to think Watmough has failed at Origin makes them borderline geniused.

F*ck you know nothing about anything unless it involves your fullback so maybe shut the f*ck up on all other issues?

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Go back and look at footage of Watmough in Origin. In particular game 3 in 2009 where he made over 200 metres and tackled his arse off in what has been accepted as one of the best forward performances in Origin history. He won man of the match. Yep - what a passenger :sarcasm:

For anyone to think Watmough has failed at Origin makes them borderline geniused.

F*ck you know nothing about anything unless it involves your fullback so maybe shut the f*ck up on all other issues?

Where ?

Nice Beaver

First Grade

By media at the time and comments on these forums.

I understand you are trying to say it wasn't, but it was. Have there been better performances since and before? Yes. But it was one of the best forward performances by a NSW forward in origin.

If you want to dispute it go and watch the game then come back to me.

mikail-eagle

Bench
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/toovey-rips-nswrl/

TOOVEY RIPS INTO NSWRL

SEA Eagles coach Geoff Toovey has been left seething after the NSW Rugby League failed to show up to support Anthony Watmough at his judiciary hearing on Thursday night.

Toovey was critical of the lack of communication from the NSWRL, especially when it’s Manly who are down on troops for their games.

“It’s a massive blow for us and the most disappointing thing for me is we didn’t even get a phone call from the NSW Rugby League,” Toovey said to the media on Friday.

“No one turned up last night. It was just Manly left holding the can once more.

“They couldn’t even tear themselves away from the pub for five minutes to come and support one of their players.

Latest posts