What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

watmough ripped

Nice Beaver

First Grade
He makes a bloody good point though.

These blokes get taken out of the clubs and invariably get injured or suspended and disrupt club teams. Then the NSWRL washes their hands of it and throws it back on the clubs to clean up. Its bullshit.

I'll bet Manly (and other clubs this happens to) have to stump up the costs to defend the player too for a game that has nothing to do with them.

Little wonder clubs pull players from these farce City-Country games when they are treated like this.

POPEYE

Coach
If Arko was in charge instead of Greenberg the Reynolds/Watmough fiasco could have easily been reversed

ggmu

Juniors
4 weeks is prob a bit over the top. After watching his interview after the judiciary what's everyone think this guys iq is? I'm thinking somewhere between 10 and 20.

TheFrog

Coach
To answer what I think the OP was trying to get at, yes its a load of crap that Watmough gets pinged when Reynolds got off.

Watmoughs was nowhere near as bad and should be playing this weekend.

Both equally bad. Should have been same outcome.

DURRRHURRR

Juniors
Has any Bulldog player been suspended this year? Reynolds spear and Klemmers Kung fu fighting should have both resulted in suspensions. Do they have an elite legal team or is the Greenberg influence a factor?

Evenflow

Bench
Because the series is over and it's time for the NRL to look tough on spearing again. Well until the finals come around or test matches at least.

This. When Reynolds got off there was a series on the line to win. Doesn't take Einstein to work that out but then again we all know Locky sure as shit ain't Einstein.......

thorson1987

Coach
He makes a bloody good point though.

These blokes get taken out of the clubs and invariably get injured or suspended and disrupt club teams. Then the NSWRL washes their hands of it and throws it back on the clubs to clean up. Its bullshit.

I'll bet Manly (and other clubs this happens to) have to stump up the costs to defend the player too for a game that has nothing to do with them.

Little wonder clubs pull players from these farce City-Country games when they are treated like this.

Apparently the NSWRL offered to pay the bill for the lawyer.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Go look at NSW winning strike rate when Hayne plays at his proper position of FB,he owns QLD,you lose.
:lol: I don't lose... Hayne has that award completely covered. Between his NSW record and the fact he plays for Parramatta...

Another thing all those Manly players don't have, and that Hayne has plenty of, WOODEN SPOONS!

ek999

First Grade
I stand corrected.

Does not change the fact they let the clubs sort the shit out from incidents that have NOTHING to do with them.

The system is a farce.

Because Toovey would be a calm and reasonable man had the defence been run by the NSWRL and he had got suspended

Nerd

Bench
Hand between the legs, players lands on his head and there is a bit of driving motion, atleast he doesnt really pull out or drop off.

Reynolds looked more spectacular but it was not as dangerous as chocs.

Edit: I do think Reynolds was worth a couple weeks though.

Yep if Watmough was worth 4 Reynolds was worth at least 2.

oikee

Juniors
Meat on a stick. He fell off the stick and is now nothing but rotten meat to Daley and NSW.
Another sucker will take his place, he will be lucky to ever get a dinner.
No Bronze Statue, no team of the century spot, no best of anything really, just a piece of meat on a stick, time to retire chockmo.
The series is won your now surplus to requirements, thanks for your efforts meatmaggot.

oldmancraigy

Coach
In SOO history, only two players have lost more games than Hayne from NSW. (ET and Fittler). The difference on those two is they at least won more than they lost.

How many NSW fullbacks have a better winning % than Hayne at the position of FB?

Not his fault moronic coaches and selectors (Fulton with the Manly connection) didn't pick him there - we'd only be talking about how wonderful Qld's 5 in a row were if they had!

oldmancraigy

Coach
:lol: I don't lose... Hayne has that award completely covered. Between his NSW record and the fact he plays for Parramatta...

Another thing all those Manly players don't have, and that Hayne has plenty of, WOODEN SPOONS!

Sadly you're right. Manly is a well run club, and Parra are a shambles :x