What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

watts and farah charged with striking facing suspensions

I just dont like cheap little turds throwing elbows and getting away with it, its bullsh*t when the guy you start a fight against gets punished more than you.

Precious little Robbie is just frustrated that he blew his chance at Origin level after whinging about it for so long so he felt the need to take it out on the next hooker he played against.

Errr, I don't like cheap little turds kicking people in the face and getting away with it either :lol: And don't say "it wasn't intentional...wah, wah, wah". We saw Thurston kick Williams, who can honestly say they saw the elbow from Farah? Anyone?

Either way, its only an elbow. Watts shouldn't have reacted by throwing them. Just like Queensland supporters say Brett White shouldn't have knocked Price out because of an alleged knee in the tackle!:D

The same principal applies to both sets of situations mate. Do you hold the same opinion of Thurston now as you do of Farah? Do you also think White was well within his right to react like Watts did?

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
Do you hold the same opinion of Thurston now as you do of Farah? Do you also think White was well within his right to react like Watts did?

Ill just answer this with my own quote so i dont need to go over covered ground for you. But i'd appreciate it if youd just read before posting dumb sh*t in the future.

He most certainly did not do the right thing, using your feet to try to kick the ball free or stop a ball from being grounded has been outlawed from the game.

Having said that, i dont think him connecting with Williams' head was at all a deliberate act, it really would have served no purpose whatsoever to do it because it wouldnt have stopped Williams from scoring.

Im glad he didnt get suspended but it was a nasty looking accident.

Good to see you have the same view. A lot of the time when comparing it to an incident involving their own player, bias is all that drives someones opinion.

Last edited:

MacDougall

First Grade
Long story short, Charlie is a fat kid and Farah is about forty five times the player Ennis will ever be.

No, i didnt see the elbow either, but I believe Watts when he said Farah hit him because common sense should tell you that you dont just start laying into a guy the way Watts did for absolutely no reason whatsoever, it just doesnt happen. Then youve got a referee telling Watts that he retaliated (what do you think he retaliated to????)

It doesnt take a genius to see that Watts is reacting to something...then he told the referee in no uncertain terms that Farah elbowed him, which is why he belted him back.

Watts may have been reacting to gastric reflux.

I have little doubt that his job was to get into Farah to put him off his game and the elbow story, or didn't he say he was unsure?, was bullsh*t.

No one on the planet has seen that elbow, I reckon a search party is in order....

simon says

First Grade
Watts got elbowed and then he got hit by several tigers players.

And the tooth fairy left him 20 cents for a busted tooth and santa left him bandages and panadol for his sore head. fo

Bench
Both the big sports breakfast and talking sport commentators were of the opinion it was unprovoked,Greg McCallum said the judiciary was surprised he wasn't sent off,but hey we are all wrong,Charlie saw and heard everything.:lol:

Broncodr01d

Juniors
This should've been left on the field. Farrah squared the ledger. We all move on.

6 pages wasted on this? :lol:

Charlie124

First Grade
Both the big sports breakfast and talking sport commentators were of the opinion it was unprovoked,Greg McCallum said the judiciary was surprised he wasn't sent off,but hey we are all wrong,Charlie saw and heard everything.:lol:

:lol: Look, i can see you're a little slow so im going to cut you some slack, my only request is that you just have a good read of the topic before trying to chime in with your own ramblings, cheers junior.

Billybob

Juniors
yeah 4 years ago is nothing to be proud of

all it was was 2 teams that fluked their way into the grand final

and we do have proof that it was a fluke has either team looked like winning it since

well maybe one of the two

and we do have proof that it was a fluke has either team looked like winning it since

Nah, we haven't looked like winning it since to be honest.

And last time I checked, winning around 14 games in a season wasn't a fluke. And trouncing some teams in the finals makes it even less a fluke. If you're looking for a true fluke, go back to round 2 this year.

mepelthwack

Juniors

Wow I reckon the Cowgirls would give anything for just one fluked premiership, not that it would be possible to do.