What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett signs to coach St George Illawarra Dragons

Serb Dragon

Juniors

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23465236-5001021,00.html

SUPERCOACH Wayne Bennett has signed a three-year contract to coach St George Illawarra in the NRL from next season.
The six-time premiership winning coach reached an agrrement with the club yesterday and the contract was rubber stamped by the board late last night.
The club is expected to call a press conference later today to make the appointment official.
St George Illawarra will become Bennett's third NRL club following on from a short stint with teh Canberra Raiders before two decades at the Brisbane Broncos.
He will replace Nathan Brown, who could still be retained at the club in some capacity on the coaching staff.
The Bennett deal was exclusively revealed in The Daily Telegraph a week ago but was only sealed yesterday when he travelled to Sydney to finalise negotiations with CEO Peter Doust.

Nuffs

Bench
it's also been on the radio

seems like it is official. although it could be the club doing the joke

Drew-Sta

Staff member
f**k, if this is an April Fools joke I'm going to slaughter the prick who wrote that article.

If not, then f**kING YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH BOYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Drew-Sta said:
f**k, if this is an April Fools joke I'm going to slaughter the prick who wrote that article.

If not, then f**kING YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH BOYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Ditto.

I can't wait for us to resemble a football team again.

bornadragon

Juniors
I Did say No - and I stand by that.
I'm open for SAINT GEORGE.
There's no dancing for joy just yet boys!
This is the 1st MAJOR thing this club has done since AMALGAMATION.
So,
With Doust, Robinson & co standing by Brown to the point of getting in bed with him.
And now this
Do they stand down - because of MAJOR failure right across the board.

NO? NO!

This stinks of HYPOCRISY - a foul odour right to the very core.

Watch them bask in the glory if there's any to be had.

Godz Illa

Coach
Serb Dragon said:
Press conference at 3pm today guys to announce it
I can see it now...

Peter Doust holds up a Saints jersey with Bennett and the no. 1 on the back... then Mark Gasnier brings in a birthday cake with 59 candles on it.

aushellzy

Juniors
I'm so happy that Bennett will be joining the Dragons in 09.
But I'm still thinking about 08, is there any coach out there that can take over Browny in a few rounds for the rest of the year, if our football doesnt improve?
I cant wait 2 years for a premiership!

Godz Illa said:
I can see it now...

Peter Doust holds up a Saints jersey with Bennett and the no. 1 on the back... then Mark Gasnier brings in a birthday cake with 59 candles on it.
:lol:

finally the club get a coach to match their stature as a RL club.

when they won 11 straight it was by being ahead of other footy clubs, having facer running things well.

a succession of average coaches has delivered average results.

he will make a massive difference to the club.

good challenge for bennett as well to take a club like saints back to the premiership glory days.

if he does that, his coaching status goes to a whole new level

Willow

Assistant Moderator
...nothing yet on the dragons website.

Still looking at today's date.

Rosso V

Juniors
This is just the begining, next is to oust Doust and we start from scratch. Bennet has got three years to bring joy back to the once great club that St.George was. He is bringing his coaching staff with him as well and maybe some talent scouts to. Thats for next year, we need to fix the problem we have at the moment which is lack of passion from the players for one. Maybe just maybe the signing of Bennet might have put a rocket up some of the players backside and hopefully turn things around, only time will tell. As far as todays news goes, well done :clap:

Syren

Juniors
Yeeeeehaaaah! Things are looking up here at the Saints. We are due for premiership winning coach to guide us into a new era. It's also a good gesture and show of loyalty to retain Brown on the coaching staff if he accepts it.

We have Down with Brown, are we still gonna Oust Doust?

Latest posts