What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett

Yosh

Coach
The Sun Herald is reporting that they have received strong mail that Wayne Bennett will coach the new Brisbane franchise should they get the nod....

Then shouldn't Tinkler be doing everything to ensure a second Brisbane team doesn't form? Back the central coast or Perth hahahahahahaha! *Insert evil grin!

Rusty

Juniors
Wayne Bennett's son-in-law, former Australia player Ben Ikin, says master coach is undecided on future

568051-wayne-bennett.jpg

Wayne Bennett ... Ikin offers a unique insight into the mind of the master coach. Source: Gregg Porteous / News Limited

The man closer to Wayne Bennett than just about anybody, son-in-law and former Australia utility Ben Ikin, believes the master coach will seek a challenge, not comfort, and is not necessarily any closer to returning to his former home at Brisbane Broncos.

Bennett Back To Brisbane Broncos?

NRL Summer Snaps

Ikin, who senses Bennett is now "confused" about his future coaching plans in the wake of the sacking of Ivan Henjak, says the lure of Brisbane may not be as strong as widely assumed.
Ikin believes Bennett's next big coaching move will be motivated by his love of a challenge rather than any overwhelming desire for home.
"Wayne's not the kind of guy who'll pour his heart out about how he feels about a situation but I get the feeling he's more confused about things now after what has gone on with the Broncos," Ikin said. "I honestly don't think he's made up his mind about where he wants to be next year.
"Wayne loves the Dragons and is super happy there but, being a driven bloke, I'd say the challenge of going somewhere like the Rabbitohs or Newcastle would be very appealing as well.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"In his own head there are things he wants to get out of his coaching and I'd say he'll go to the club that's the best fit for those things.
"His family is really important to him but things have been really working well with how he manages things with his trips home. He does miss home and he will move home one day but that won't necessarily be in the near future.
"I think, in a funny way, that (wife) Trish is happy only having him home once every couple of weeks. Wayne, being an introvert, also enjoys his own company."

If only the Knight's media circus wasn't happening.