What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett

Yosh

Coach
How old is Sheen and BSmith?

I think Wayne has a solid 6 or 7 seasons left in him yet. Is it just me or is there a real lack of quality coaches out there?

Wayne Bennet
Gus

Anyone else even close to these guys in terms of coaching ability?

Rusty

Juniors
I think we're are more likely to win a premiership than Souths despite the fact they have bought Inglis. Uate anyone? We have promising half in Henry and Mullo who I have no doubt will fire this year behind our forward pack.

I refuse to believe the Souths deal has been done, that would be hugely underestimating Wayne Bennett. Wayne would be considering all his options especially if he was considering an offer from Tinkler. Bennett might find an offer from Tinkler to hard to turn down. I think another aspect that would attract Bennett to the club is that he would be out of the media spotlight up Newcastle; he hates the media.

It is almost too easy for Bennett to take over the current Souths squad. All we can do is wait. I am sure Tinkler will be putting together a package that could at least make Benny strongly consider it. Souths have promised plenty and delivered nowt. With their squad this season they should finish top four without a blink. Inglis signing on could also be the undoing of the Bennett deal because it is back ended big time. In other words several high profile players are out on their a### in 2012 and with no money to replace them.

Last edited:

Rusty

Juniors
Sorry guys don't mean to raise your hopes but this is on the rumour mill, apparently we have signed Bennett on a 3 year deal.

RABK

Referee
Well if Tinkler can sign Owen to the Jets which is 10 times the coup Bennett is than it's hard to think Bennett won't be our coach.

RABK

Referee
That site got it from the radio, people calling in talkback with that rumor all day.

RABK

Referee
The other part is 'players to follow Bennett' and names like Boyd and Ennis mentioned.

perverse

Referee
from what i can see after a very brief scan over their rumours, i can't find one that has been correct yet. lol.

macavity

Referee
images

DO. NOT. WANT.

perverse

Referee
i would take Ennis if it meant getting Bennett.

i would take Scott Minto if it meant getting Bennett.

Alex28

Coach
Bennett is going to be a short-term option for whoever he decides to go to. I'd probably prefer the prospects of getting a guy like Michael Maguire and having him on a long-term deal.

macavity

Referee
I understand the idea is for WB to act as "coaching director" with Stoney as coach. Would be interesting. Not expecting anythIng to come of it.