What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett's Knights set to sign Dragon's hooker Cameron King

Wato

Juniors
Mate your opinion is completely respected by me. I was just trying to point out why Saints fans have a strong argument. Ennis as we now know was a big loss. He did have the best Dummy half on the planet in front of him though in Beds.

Yea King is in the position with Fien and Rein ahead were he may be looking else where similar to Ennis. I like the look of a King/Cleysdale combo for the future.

Alex28

Coach
When Wayne left our club, he did so with our best wishes for success with you guys. To systematically rape our club in the manner that the Knights are doing is extremely sad. Taking Cameron King as well will devastate us and you really want that???

Yeah, I kinda do. I have memories back to when you guys beat us 3-2 in the 1992 finals. This will go partly to making up for that. :)

drago brelli

Bench
People are assuming that King will sign with Team Tinkler. He hasn't and may not. King is contracted to St.George/Illawarra for 2013.

Spot On

Coach
I have no problem whatsoever with the pillaging and nor should anyone else. Two reasons:

1. The NRL hasn't got off it's lazy arse and done anything about it. The rules apply to all. Level playing field. Stop whinging.

2. Unless the NRL get's off its lazy arse and does something about it then all Knights supporters had better admit now that the same thing will happen to our club if Bennett is successful here and then moves on to another club. Accept it and deal with it because that will most probably become reality.

RABK

Referee
If we can't get King Mick Gordon is wanting out of the Panthers as he's stuck on the wing.

1. Gordon
6. Boyd
7. Mullen
9. Gidley

:p

Bennett stood in front of a packed venue in Wollongong at the Dragons 2011 presentation and told all present that he wouldn't target the clubs talented players. Where's this bloke's credability? He's lied to everyone. What sort of an example is he setting? The only players who followed him from Brisbane to the Dragons in 2009 were Boyd and Emmitt. If King does sign at Newcastle then Bennett will be systematically dismantling the St.George/Illawarra team from afar. Fascinating to watch.

Tissues?

People are assuming that King will sign with Team Tinkler. He hasn't and may not. King is contracted to St.George/Illawarra for 2013.

Then WTF is the Point of that article if the kid is under contract for 2 years. I know. To stir up Saints supporters wrath against us as only Rothfield can. Hope he enjoyed getting beaten today.

I still say the Dragons need Cronk or Cherry Evans. They surely can make an offer. Put a great young half in that side and their juniors will thrive. Sowie is too hot and cold.

Silent Knight

First Grade
If we can't get King Mick Gordon is wanting out of the Panthers as he's stuck on the wing.

1. Gordon
6. Boyd
7. Mullen
9. Gidley

:p

Look I agree that Michael Gordon is a damn fine player when he's on the field but I have to question how durable he is. He's copped some pretty bad injuries over the past few seasons and I have to wonder whether a fair portion of our salary cap would be sitting on the sidelines for extended periods of time if we did sign him...

Hanscholo

Bench
When Wayne left our club, he did so with our best wishes for success with you guys. To systematically rape our club in the manner that the Knights are doing is extremely sad. Taking Cameron King as well will devastate us and you really want that???

Darren Tracey
Michael Ennis
Jamie Ainscough

Some decent talent there no?

You didnt want Houston. Darius and Costigan are from the broncos. You didnt want Beau Henry, you didnt want wicks. Mckinnon is from the hunter.

Half of the players in the 99 GF were from newcastle, from either melb or st goerge. Dont talk to us about poaching players mate.

If your front office had a clue your players would be signed well in advance. Blame them not us. My question to you is if king is so valued by your club why is he not playing first grade?

Bang

Juniors
Darren Tracey
Michael Ennis
Jamie Ainscough

Some decent talent there no?

You didnt want Houston. Darius and Costigan are from the broncos. You didnt want Beau Henry, you didnt want wicks. Mckinnon is from the hunter.

Half of the players in the 99 GF were from newcastle, from either melb or st goerge. Dont talk to us about poaching players mate.

If your front office had a clue your players would be signed well in advance. Blame them not us. My question to you is if king is so valued by your club why is he not playing first grade?

Because he is returning from injury. I don't think anyone has any problem with Newcastle signing Cameron King in normal circumstance but in this situation where Bennett is using his personal relationship with the player to his and Newcastles advantage after Bennett stated that he would not be doing so is what people have issue with.

I also think and I'm sure that some Newcastle fans would agree with is that Bennett is being a tad lazy with your team by taking from the Dragons. Newcastle have a number of very good young hookers and even more young halves who he could look to develope.

So just to state again the majority of Dragons fan have no issue with Newcastle or its fans but Bennett going back on his word.

If what the Dragons supporters are saying is true about him going back on his word to them then it is very out of character for Wayne. We all remeber how he reacted to The Roosters poaching Hodgo. Maybe he has learnt sentiment will only get you so far.

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
It was reported recently that the players are the ones approaching Bennett, not vice versa. This isn't Bennett systematically dismantling or raping the club- it is the players wanting out of St. George for whatever reasons and wanting to join our club.

Get over it.