What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Kerr on the 6 O'Clock News

gong_eagle

First Grade
0,,6301652,00.jpg

yakstorm

First Grade
I love it, we've got two characters for the tournament already. Wayne Kerr naturally who has had articles and interviews with Fairfax, News and Sport, plus been on ABC, Seven, Nine and Ten, plus now today in the Telegraph we have Stanley Gene depicted as the 'ageless warrior' who is possibly 45 years old.

The best part of both of them as well, is they are as legitimate as Darren Lockyer is for Queensland for their respective nations. I've already had a few people from vendors I work with say to me today, they really didn't think anyone from Ireland acctually played the game in Ireland, I proceeded to bore them with everything I knew about RLI :D

roughyedspud

Coach
aye i read that piece about stanley, and i think he has been playing since god was a lad :lol:

if i had to guess i'd say he's around 40

I have no reason to doubt that Gene is in fact 34 as he says, but I'd be very disappointed if it was ever proven. Much better it remain a mystery.

mark2

Juniors
Having seen Wayne Kerr play twice for the London Skolars and once for Ireland he is one hell of a tackler!!

Spoke about him to the Irish "A" team coach who said they had toned down his tackling technique!!

Trust me he hits as hard as any Tongan!!

LESStar58

Referee
Does anyone else think Wayne looks like Paul Harragon?

0,,6301652,00.jpg

That photo and a small article on him got a run in the Herald Sun down here in Melbourne. They reckon his names gonna turn him into a cult hero! He jokes about it and talks it up very well! More power to him!

Chook Norris

First Grade
funnily enough, i joked about the name once before even though i had never even heard of the guy :lol:

Wayne + Kerr ( i was thinking of Miranda Kerr) = Wanker :lol:

good luck to him :)

Latest posts