What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 1st Semi Final: India v New Zealand - Manchester 9/7/19 (NZ won by 18 runs)

JJ

Immortal
Have to be a massive turnaround to compete... possible but unlikely

TheParraboy

Staff member
Whats happened to Guptill?

Cant remember him teeing up this tournament ?

He gets going I think gives kiws a huge chance

vvvrulz

Coach
Whats happened to Guptill?

Cant remember him teeing up this tournament ?

He gets going I think gives kiws a huge chance

Almost all his career is patches of flat before teeing off big time and making up for it. Unfortunately it was just a matter of time before it stays flat for too long, and here we are just when we need him.

I don’t see him getting past Bumrah, but if he does he simply has to start playing shots. Being in a survival rut is slow death.

shiznit

Coach
I have a sneaking suspicion that we might get the Indians here...

I don’t think we’ve truly played well this tournament and we have a big performance due.

The Indians also... knock out games escalate pressure and a couple of early things not going well the pressure will start to pile on them being heavy favourites and also the expectation placed on them by their fans.

I could see us coming in with pretty much no pressure and nothing to lose and then upset India only to get absolutely smoked in the final.. :joy::joy:

typicalfan

Coach
Hopefully for NZ, India get guilty of looking past them a little bit and get complacent. Otherwise you'd think India are morals.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Game day

Hopefully kiwis bring their best performance of the cup to this match

Love them to get up , a 1 wicket or 1 run win will be just perfect
Hopefully a controversy too that went against India, eg Williamson given not out when he nicked one but no reviews left, something like that , love to see the meltdown afterwards :D

Haffa

I want nothing more than a kiwi win off the last ball just to make my work place so much more enjoyable.

TheParraboy

Staff member
hold the fort

weather forecast is cloudy top of 18c with possible showers (40-50%) during the match, from 1pm onwards

Might not be a bad thing to lose the toss

shiznit

Coach
If I’m Kane... I bowl first if I can... but either way i give the ball to Boult and Southee and just tell them to pitch it up and see if we can get that ball swinging all over the show.

Just put them under pressure... make them start to get that feeling early on that this isn’t gonna be their day... then things start to snowball.

I know it’s a different sport... but I remember the days when the All Blacks kept failing at the World Cup... we were massive favourites but when it got to the knock out stages... things would just happen that just gave you the sinking feeling deep down that we are gonna choke... a Mortlock intercept, a massive forward pass leading to a try in Cardiff... even though there was plenty still in the game.. you just had that feeling we were choking...

If we can get that ball rolling with India we could see a choke of epic proportions.

TheParraboy

Staff member
With rain about, if kiwis bowl first id be making sure Boult gets his 10 overs in before the rain, so meaning him and Locky to rip in with 6-7 over spells each from the get go. Try and get as many early wickets in the first 15 overs or so, try to bend team india over from the get go

TheParraboy

Staff member
Indian fans on facebook are saying things like kiwis have already surrendered , and they will play poms in the Final. Silence will be deafening on that platform if kiwis get up