What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 2nd Semi Final Australia v England - Birmingham 11/7/19

blaza88z

Coach
I think we need to bite the bullet and tell Maxwell that he's not going to be part of our ODI squads in the near future, how many chances has this bloke had on the basis of what he can do?

He's a world class T20 player but until he learns how to construct and even stabilise an innings, he shouldn't be in the squad.

blaza88z

Coach
Really you want to ban a player from a final for saying it’s a f**king embarrassment that an umpire was bullied in to a call by the Aussie players in a semi?
Next you will be telling me Steve Smith was hard done by.

I don't think it matters what he said, you're not allowed to show dissent towards the umpire.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Really you want to ban a player from a final for saying it’s a f**king embarrassment that an umpire was bullied in to a call by the Aussie players in a semi?

Who was bullied? The Australians appealed to try and avoid a wide being called..just like every other team do. Not our fault the umpire gave it out

Pommy

Coach
Who was bullied? The Australians appealed to try and avoid a wide being called..just like every other team do. Not our fault the umpire gave it out

So they weren’t appealing/celebrating the taking of the ‘wicket’ despite it being clear to everyone except the person that mattered that the bat and ball weren’t in the same postcode?
The fact everyone does it doesn’t mean it’s in the spirit of the game.

simmo1

First Grade
Any other game and he'd be having a rest. The same leniency would be afforded to anyone else. It is what it is.

Front-Rower

First Grade

Rubbish lol

2005 Edgbaston test ring a bell to you? Kaspa never hit the ball yet was given out caught behind. Now that could be classed as bullying the way the poms carried on. Bowden had no choice but to give it out.

Pommy

Coach
Rubbish lol

2005 Edgbaston test ring a bell to you? Kaspa never hit the ball yet was given out caught behind. Now that could be classed as bullying the way the poms carried on. Bowden had no choice but to give it out.

So they weren’t appealing/celebrating the taking of the ‘wicket’ despite it being clear to everyone except the person that mattered that the bat and ball weren’t in the same postcode?

Hutty1986

Immortal
What was a fair punishment for Smithy you reckon, oh triggered one? 10 years?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Jason Roy was well within his right to carry on and on the way he did. He wasn't out so why should he just leave the crease and accept it?? Doesn't make sense to me well done Jason for standing up to woefull umpiring, i applaud you

Simply, The real issue here is the aussies cheated , the bowler, the keeper , the fielders. Cannot be denied . How dare they appeal ! This was way worse than what Bancorft did or Faf, or dravid or afridi or imran khan or allan border in regards to ball tampering

Id be very surprised if 24 month bans are not in order for the lot of them. Finch a life ban for not recalling the lovely Roy back to the crease. Disgraceful aussies, why cant we just play nice and very fair like everyone else,?

:rolleyes:

Pommy

Coach
Jason Roy was well within his right to carry on and on the way he did. He wasn't out so why should he just leave the crease and accept it?? Doesn't make sense to me well done Jason for standing up to woefull umpiring, i applaud you

Simply, The real issue here is the aussies cheated , the bowler, the keeper , the fielders. Cannot be denied . How dare they appeal ! This was way worse than what Bancorft did or Faf, or dravid or afridi or imran khan or allan border in regards to ball tampering

Id be very surprised if 24 month bans are not in order for the lot of them. Finch a life ban for not recalling the lovely Roy back to the crease. Disgraceful aussies, why cant we just play nice and very fair like everyone else,?

:rolleyes:

Thank you.