What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 33rd Match: New Zealand v Pakistan - Birmingham 26/6/19 (Pak won by 6 wickets)

wittyfan

Referee
This World Cup could be 1992 all over again for Pakistan!

That semi final win in Auckland still warms the heart.

edabomb

First Grade
Latham as well IMO. He's out of sorts and doesn't look like he has any plan to tick the scoreboard over. Not as if he has an outstanding record that should guarantee a spot.

Blundell was great in the warmups.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Latham as well IMO. He's out of sorts and doesn't look like he has any plan to tick the scoreboard over. Not as if he has an outstanding record that should guarantee a spot.

Blundell was great in the warmups.

Yeah, I always saw Latham as more of a test player than ODI.

I don't think they'll make 2 changes though. Even tonight Williamson will probably paper over the cracks enough for them to say it's all good.

Iafeta

Referee
Lol Pakistan ended up taking a review. After a review had already taken place. Umpire went upstairs to see if there was a bump ball, TV umpire shows that it didn’t even hit the bat, so then Pakistan asked for DRS for caught behind. Surprisingly it was not out. Again.

edabomb

First Grade
Those deliveries Latham used up become vital in a low scoring match. If we could have got to 250 I would have given us a real show.

Iafeta

Referee
Excellent recovery. Well done Jimmy. Gives NZ an outside chance, does look very very two paced.

Munro needs to go. Latham is woefully out of form. Guptill looks like a clubbie at best.

jargan83

Coach
Kiwis get to 6/237

Is it enough? I’ll likely find out in the morning but there’s a bit in the surface so I imagine the Kiwis will make Pakistans life hard.

Iafeta

Referee
This World Cup could be 1992 all over again for Pakistan!

That semi final win in Auckland still warms the heart.

The first paragraph yes.

The second not so much. I remember being a vibrant young 10 year old lad who was absolutely captivated by what was going on. And then Inzamam breaks our hearts with an innings that barely ever happened back in the day.