What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCC - Leeds Rhinos v Melbourne Storm

john13

Juniors
So the WCC (World Club Challenge) is in two weeks time with the 2012 NRL Premiers Melbourne Storm playing the 2012 Super League Premiers Leeds Rhinos

Who do you think will win and claim their mantle as the best Rugby League team in the world

@MarTiger

Juniors
Leeds Rhinos bias aside, though I have Leeds winning. Everything is against the NRL club travelling to the Northern Hemisphere so regardless as to who the Super League side was: I'd be backing them every time.

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
The trip to the UK, injured Storm players, possible drug scandal and the SL would've already started their season -if Leedsdont win by 20+ something is wrong

Dragon2010

First Grade
I'd like the Storm to win as they're the Australian based team, something tells me Leeds have got this though. Tough one by Leeds by +6

Clarke

Juniors
Super League games are on Eurosport so if you can't access GEM and it's not in Fox sports, check out GEM before going to streams :)

WireMan

Bench
:lol:

The NRL is supposed to be head and shoulders above the super league.

I think anyone picking Leeds are talking rubbish.

@MarTiger

Juniors
:lol:

The NRL is supposed to be head and shoulders above the super league.

I think anyone picking Leeds are talking rubbish.

All things being equal - yes - the NRL is head and shoulders above the Super League.

Why am I taking Leeds?

1. The travel factor.
2. Melbourne played their first trial this past weekend, Leeds are in to their Super League campaign. Both teams are at different stages in their premiership defence.
3. The conditions.

These three factors are not insurmountable though it's the reason I take the UK side everytime and why Leeds should start favourites.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
The trip to the UK, injured Storm players, possible drug scandal and the SL would've already started their season -if Leedsdont win by 20+ something is wrong

Aussies tend to focus on the lack if home advantage for the NRL team. The vast differences in salary cap are barely uttered. It's an issue, and will continue to be for some time. In that regard, Manly's performance last year looks a bit underwhelming.

WireMan

Bench
Aussies tend to focus on the lack if home advantage for the NRL team. The vast differences in salary cap are barely uttered. It's an issue, and will continue to be for some time. In that regard, Manly's performance last year looks a bit underwhelming.

True. If you add up Cam Smiths many contracts he is probably on more than the whole Leeds team. ;-)

All things being equal - yes - the NRL is head and shoulders above the Super League.

Why am I taking Leeds?

1. The travel factor.
2. Melbourne played their first trial this past weekend, Leeds are in to their Super League campaign. Both teams are at different stages in their premiership defence.
3. The conditions.

These three factors are not insurmountable though it's the reason I take the UK side everytime and why Leeds should start favourites.

1. This is 2013. If a team cannot cope with a bit of travel before the game and plan accordingly then they cannot be described as professional.

2. If a team cannot prepare properly for a game, then that is there own issue and can never be used as an excuse.

3. Same for both teams.

So many excuses before a ball is even kicked. It's a bit pathetic really.

Melbourne have a few good players, they could easily win this game. Chin up guys.

They'll win it if they really want to. If they just want to get it over with and get back home to prepare for the start of the comp, then they probably won't. It's no different to any other year. Just copy and paste last year's thread, and the year before's etc. and be done with it.

WireMan

Bench
They'll win it if they really want to. If they just want to get it over with and get back home to prepare for the start of the comp, then they probably won't. It's no different to any other year. Just copy and paste last year's thread, and the year before's etc. and be done with it.

Rubbish.

Thats an even more pathetic excuse than the weather.

So its too far for them to travel, they can't play in the cold or wet, they are incapable of preparing for a game of rugby and they don't want to win it anyway.

They are the champs of the NRL.

Just how bad are the rest of the teams?