What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCC - Leeds Rhinos v Melbourne Storm

firechild

First Grade
Get me a Rhino's jersey. I'd go for anyone over the purple scum.

The playing conditions do make a difference, weather wouldn't be a huge factor for Melbourne but the playing surface last year was a disgrace.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Get me a Rhino's jersey. I'd go for anyone over the purple scum.

The playing conditions do make a difference, weather wouldn't be a huge factor for Melbourne but the playing surface last year was a disgrace.

You can get one posted direct from Headingley for $70. Puts current pricing of NRL shirts in perspective.

Re the pitch - Agree. Was pretty shoddy early last year. New 1M pound pitch was laid over the winter. Shouldn't be a problem

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....reap-benefits-of-new-pitch-sinfield-1-5255196

firechild

First Grade

Clarke

Juniors
There is a few articles out today showing the lengths Melbourne are going to win this, They are going further than any other NRL team before them has.

Make no mistake, they want to be crowned World's best Club.

STORM.99/07

Bench
STORM beat leeds last time and they will do so again.
great Dane you can`t possibly taking trial games seriously..

LeedsStorm

Juniors
STORM beat leeds last time and they will do so again.
great Dane you can`t possibly taking trial games seriously..

100% correct. Though pedants might point out that title was stripped owing to salary cap rorting. Storm PR don't seem to mind that as storm could be "the first to win 3 titles"

roughyedspud

Coach
but they would'nt.....leeds won it in 2005,2008,2012....plus the 2010 title cos melbourne are cheats

plus wigan & bradford have won it 3 times too

The Great Dane

First Grade
Great Dane you can`t possibly taking trial games seriously..

I'm not taking a trial game seriously, but I don't care who you are or how important the game is, loosing by 32 points hurts the ego, especially when you are the premiers.

All I am saying is that I think that it could become a factor.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
but they would'nt.....leeds won it in 2005,2008,2012....plus the 2010 title cos melbourne are cheats

plus wigan & bradford have won it 3 times too

Think they were referring to NRL teams to be fair, but still interesting the club's representatives seem to be claiming the 2010 title. Already mentioned the big differences in cap anyway, so happy to acknowledge them as victors on that occasion. I'm not even sure if Leeds claimed that prize money

WireMan

Bench
I might be wrong but I don't think you're allowed to wear long sleeve anything in the NRL.

Its not an NRL game, and you can wear the skin tight stuff no probs. A lot of teams do it when they play Widnes due to the astro turf.

Melbourne have already left for Leeds, they're coming earlier than usual.

It is to give them extra time to catch hypothermia and to wander around not caring about the game no doubt. :D